Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2016, 01:55 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Tell me what words she used that were original to Michelle Obama? But I suggest you first google those words to find out how many other people have used the same words. And prove to me she had ever seen or heard Michelle say those words? I don't think it will be possible to do that.
You WERE a librarian????

Plagiarism is not about words or phrases. It's about the ideas those words and phrases convey.

READ.

READ.

READ.

READ the paragraph from Mrs Trump's speech, and the paragraph from First Lady Obama's speech.

They are almost verbatim. They are a clear example of plagiarism.

Anyone who does not see the plagiarism is blinded by their own partisanship.

Old 07-19-2016, 01:57 PM

2,222 posts, read 10,651,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
These Trump cult members are nuts. Listened to interview of RNC delegate today and she was in complete and total denial that any part of the chick's speech belonged to another person.

Big time pants on fire. X1000 Pinocchios......
If you are looking for liars, you best stick with the Clinton's. They are in a league of their own.

Old 07-19-2016, 01:58 PM

13,693 posts, read 9,014,113 times
I can't believe that after the first night of the convention the 'hot topic' continues to be the speech of Melania Trump.

I feel sorry for her. She was given a speech (more than likely) to read, and she apparently did quite well, even with her rather thick accent. She did not 'profit' from the speech, but was merely trying, as do all spouses of nominees, to help her husband out. I am not a Trump fan, but this blasting of her goes beyond the pale.

If she speaks again, I would advise her to give it in her native Slavic language. Let people figure out what she is saying.

Indeed, given the rather uncertainty about what Bill Clinton may say (depending on his mental status), I would also advise him to give his speech in another language. Navajo would be good.

Old 07-19-2016, 02:00 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 29 days ago)

27,653 posts, read 16,142,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I can't believe that after the first night of the convention the 'hot topic' continues to be the speech of Melania Trump.

I feel sorry for her. She was given a speech (more than likely) to read, and she apparently did quite well, even with her rather thick accent. She did not 'profit' from the speech, but was merely trying, as do all spouses of nominees, to help her husband out. I am not a Trump fan, but this blasting of her goes beyond the pale.

If she speaks again, I would advise her to give it in her native Slavic language. Let people figure out what she is saying.

Indeed, given the rather uncertainty about what Bill Clinton may say (depending on his mental status), I would also advise him to give his speech in another language. Navajo would be good.
86 pages of blather. Sometimes its hard to be a woman... especially an R woman. The left seems extremely vile and juvenile when it comes to republican women and minorities

Old 07-19-2016, 02:00 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,651,291 times
Quote:
My first shock as a librarian is that five people or more can write a book with the same title. I have seen no evidence any paragraph was copied. The only thing I have heard is that she used the same values when describing what she was taught. Thousands of other people were taught the same values. Why don't you know this? Weren't you taught the same values. I was.
I was taught not to lie or steal; you?

Old 07-19-2016, 02:01 PM

1,268 posts, read 798,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post

Oh, that's insightful. You might want to start a different speculation thread. This about something that actually happened. If you read the thread title, it really helps you stay on point.

Old 07-19-2016, 02:03 PM

2,491 posts, read 2,681,174 times
Quote:
Tell me what words she used that were original to Michelle Obama? But I suggest you first google those words to find out how many other people have used the same words. And prove to me she had ever seen or heard Michelle say those words? I don't think it will be possible to do that.

Please tell me you were not a librarian.
The **********s are twisting logic and their own ethics to protect Don.
Don is right he could shoot someone in the middle of the street in the middle of the day and the Trumpanzess would not care.

Old 07-19-2016, 02:04 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,361,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth56 View Post
If you are looking for liars, you best stick with the Clinton's. They are in a league of their own.
Uh, no.

Trump far outweighs Clinton in terms of spoken words being false.

Donald Trump's file | PolitiFact

Hillary Clinton's file | PolitiFact

Old 07-19-2016, 02:05 PM

1,598 posts, read 1,059,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
86 pages of blather. Sometimes its hard to be a woman... especially an R woman. The left seems extremely vile and juvenile when it comes to republican women and minorities
I guess you've not read all the comments comparing 'hot' Melania to Michelle?

Old 07-19-2016, 02:05 PM

3,440 posts, read 2,528,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Trump isn't tweeting or firing anyone. Very possibly this a sign that the Trump kids and/or Melania wrote the speech themselves. Donald would not throw the kids under the bus. Besides, they are all scheduled to give speeches at the convention. Who would he get at this late date to replace any of them? Fonzie?
I doubt that he's mum on this for that reason, more than likely his handlers have warned him it's best to keep distractions to a minimum during the convention. To get pulled into a publicity vortex at this point would drown out the purpose of the convention, which is already being held together with duct tape and bubble gum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections