Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2016, 03:51 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,720,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I don't know about you but I don't teach my sons to plagiarize.
Neither do schools. My children have to run their papers through "TurnItIn" to check for any similarities before their homework is accepted. The school requires it. http://turnitin.com/

It's more than just the content too, Melania even used Michelle's voice inflections. Check this video from Heat Street where they put Michelle's voice over Melania's speech:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7e9KPqORHQ

HOLY WOW: Amazing Voice Matchup Between Melania and Michelle Leaves ZERO Doubt [VIDEO] | RedState

Old 07-19-2016, 03:52 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,474,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myghost View Post
she hasn't been convicted yet. She should be, but let's follow due process.
lol

Old 07-19-2016, 03:53 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,900,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Well, it appears that Michele "borrowed" it too for those obsessed with such nonsense one way or the other:

Michelle Obama Copied Alinsky in Speech Melania Trump Plagiarized

So, isn't it amazing the number of hits this thread got. Maybe we are coming to the end of who we were.
So wait..... Now you're saying that a Republican candidate's wife, by default, copied a speech from Saul Alinsky?

Just stop, your making it even worse.

Old 07-19-2016, 03:53 PM

30,261 posts, read 23,746,924 times
Not that liberals care to educate themselves, it's easier to go on in life acting like idiots...I'll post it again, (since I posted it here where liberals pretended not to see it: http://www.city-data.com/forum/44815379-post312.html)
just in case one liberal out there actually gives a damn about truth and not stupid 4th grade playground screeching:

No one to be fired after Melania Trump speech plagiarism episode - CNNPolitics.com

No one to be fired over speech....

Which means there was a speech writer for part of that speech...just like I said.

Quote:
"To think that she would do something like that knowing how scrutinized her speech was going to be last night is just really absurd," Manafort told CNN's Chris Cuomo on "New Day."

Sources familiar with the campaign's handling of Melania Trump's speech identify top Manafort deputy Rick Gates as the person inside the campaign who oversaw the entire speech process for Melania Trump.
Once again, the liberals on here made themselves look like idiots.

Oh, by the way, hypocrites:

10 high-profile plagiarism cases - POLITICO

Quote:
10 high-profile plagiarism cases

Joe Biden: The vice president was forced to withdraw from the 1988 presidential race over allegations of plagiarism. Many parts of Biden’s speeches on the trail, as Maureen Dowd of the New York Times reported, were lifted from the unsuccessful run of British politician Neil Kinnock of the Labor Party against Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher. Revelations followed that Biden took parts of his speeches from Robert Kennedy, JFK and Hubert Humphrey.
FLASHBACK: Bush Speechwriter: Obama Plagiarized Bush - Fox Nation

Quote:
Bush Speechwriter: Obama Plagiarized Bush

President George W. Bush's former speech writer said that President Barack Obama plagiarized his former boss in his 2014 State of the Union address. Speaking to Fox News's Megyn Kelly, Marc Thiessen, the lead writer on Bush's 2007 State of the Union address, said he found Obama's speech "eerily familiar."
https://www.plagiarismtoday.com/2008...arism-scandal/

Quote:
On February 16, Barack Obama gave a speech in Wisconsin where he answered allegations from his main political rival, Hillary Clinton, that all he had to offer was “just words”.

To answer the charge, he quoted a series of well-known speeches and documents from U.S. history, including those by Martin Luther King Jr, John F. Kennedy as well as the Declaration of Independence and asked if they were “Just Words”.

With hours, a clip emerged on YouTube (embedded below) that compared Obama’s speech to a 2006 speech by Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick. In Patrick’s speech, he used many of the same quotes as well as very similar phrasing.

In all, the two clips are remarkably similar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M6x1H08aFc

And the liberals hero:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...eadmaster.html

Quote:
John F Kennedy stole what was to become the best-known quote of his 1961 inaugural address – from his old headmaster.

He enraged his former classmates by plagiarising the line 'ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country', which they had heard 'time and time again' in a similar form at school.
Once again liberals act like monkeys in a zoo without bothering to take note of their own history. Once again, liberals look like the classless fools that they are.

(And yes, I had a lot of time while I was in the waiting room at the dentist...thank the person before me for being late and making me wait longer.)

Who is Rick Gates:

https://www.thenation.com/article/mc...eri-love-boat/

Quote:
In February 2007, according to a recent article in the New York Daily News, Follieri retained Davis’s lobbying firm, Davis Manafort. According to the paper, "on Feb. 27, 2007, Davis Manafort partner Rick Gates signed a confidentiality agreement drafted by the Follieri Group. In the contract…Gates agreed not to disclose any information about Follieri’s deal to get Clinton pal Ron Burkle to buy Catholic Church properties." (Gates did not respond to repeated requests for comment.)
What the hell, Clinton's name comes up...sure, it's her pal, but where's there's smoke.....

Donald Trump aide who let Melania speak Michelle Obama's words 'was Rick Gates' | Daily Mail Online

Clean your own houses first, libs.

There's people to blame, but it's not Melania. Not that liberals will ever admit that because they don't understand the process of speech writing. Someone saying they wrote most of their own doesn't mean they put pen to paper, it means they told the story and a writer wrote it and made it a speech. Keep showing us how uneducated you liberals are.

Old 07-19-2016, 03:55 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,460,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Apparently you [DC at the Ridge] are under the misguided impression that I'm a Trump supporter, which I am not. I think he's a buffoon, and possibly dangerous.

<snip>

I don't like either candidate.

Just to clarify.
Who do you like as a candidate? For whom will you vote?

Old 07-19-2016, 03:56 PM

So we knew Melania was either lying about writing the speech or was lying about writing the speech. Either she took the content from Michelle Obama, or she lied and someone else wrote it. Apparently it was the first one.

Melania Trump Reportedly Had A Heavy Hand In Plagiarized Speech

Not surprising she only lasted a year at university.

Old 07-19-2016, 03:56 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,474,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shopalcholic View Post
Carry on! Mrs Trump eludes more class and elegance that Mrs Obama . She speaks five different laungages in which Shillary speaks just one bullchit . Say whatever back to business tomorrow , the media is as usual stirring trouble . There are bigger issues in this country Trump is not going to be affected at all .
You are ABSOLUTELY right! "Mrs. Trump ELUDES more class and elegance than Mrs. Obama".

This!

OMG, you can't make this stuff u...oh, wait, you CAN!

Old 07-19-2016, 04:00 PM

27,656 posts, read 16,142,781 times
wow the white house has commented on "the speech" >>are you libs kind of embarrassed to carry on so much? Didn't think so.. 95 pages later..smh sad

Old 07-19-2016, 04:01 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,582,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I don't know about you but I don't teach my sons to plagiarize.
Did you teach them to value hard work, or that your word is your bond? Or that if they worked hard enough they could achieve whatever they want in life?

Old 07-19-2016, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
wow the white house has commented on "the speech" >>are you libs kind of embarrassed to carry on so much? Didn't think so.. 95 pages later..smh sad
No one requires you to comment on this thread. It is sad when a guy that likes to say "I know the best words" doesn't want to admit that the best words are from Michelle Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections