Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2016, 04:17 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,538,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxMIKEpdx View Post
1. No matter what happened, people now will see Melania as a vulnerable and very feminine women, as compared to Michelle, all the while subconsciously considering them both first ladies. Score one for Trump.

2. People will endlessly play the speech over and over to compare it to Michelle's speech. Tons of free publicity for Trump and people will subconsciously consider Melania as the next first lady. So, score two for Trump.

3. By having people subconsciously consider Melania as the next first lady by comparing her to Michelle, he gets the whole nation subconsciously presuming he will be president. Score three for Trump.

4. A few sentences have similarities to Michelle Obamas speech. More than 50 media outlets are posting the speech or parts of it to point this out. Trump is taking advantage of millions of dollars of free media. Score four for Trump!

All the crap that Hillary has done and been accused of and this is all they can come up with against Melania?

It will all blow over by the end of the week and probably never be mentioned again.
But look at all the publicity Trump generated for himself.
If anybody thinks THAT is the killing blow that will bring down Trump, then those people are really desperate and grasping at straws.

It might be good, or it might be bad, but is there a big surprise in store?
People are already saying Melania will be the next Jackie Kennedy in style, looks, feminism, faithfullness to her husband, etc.
The dress she wore at the convention is already sold out at almost 2 grand a pop.

I guess it still remains to be seen, but Melania has been very quiet and we really know next to nothing about her.

Hillary should be extremely worried that Melania could bring the women vote to Trump.

LOL....thanks for mansplaining how women view Melania Trump....but you're wrong

Old 07-19-2016, 04:17 PM

5,701 posts, read 3,223,962 times
Bottom line: we have a President surrendering to terrorists and anarchists. No need to worry about what the future First Lady may or may not have done.

Old 07-19-2016, 04:19 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,474,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth56 View Post
I don't think Melania stole Michelle's speech. Yes, there were definite similarities in a small portion of her speech. There should have been someone within to look after her. Since Trump keeps a small staff, I think she was overlooked. This should not happen to any presidential candidates spouse. With that said, I think she presented herself very well.

I can't believe there are pages and pages of remarks about this. It was an internal mistake. Stop beating this issue to death and move on.
Sorry, Melania did not write that speech...and I would wager she didn't write the part that she didn't plagiarize either !

Old 07-19-2016, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Can Trump supporters just be honest about the fact that Donald Trump left his wife UNPROTCETED!!!!!

What type of husband in this situation does not make certain that his wife has the BEST speech writers, the best researchers and the best speech coaches to prepare her for being on the world stage.

Donald Trump threw his wife out onto the international media stage UNPROTECTED!
Agree absolutely .

Old 07-19-2016, 04:22 PM

4,828 posts, read 7,457,186 times
Quote:
LOL....thanks for mansplaining how women view Melania Trump....but you're wrong
LOL, I am completely 100% wrong huh?

Well guess what, you are too!

Funny how everyone seems to be ignoring the first points of my post and jumping on the speculation that Melania will be the only recent First Lady to be compared to Jackie Kennedy!

Just Hilarious!

Old 07-19-2016, 04:23 PM

OMG! Nailed it!

Old 07-19-2016, 04:23 PM

27,655 posts, read 16,142,781 times
I'll bet this ridiculous story is on the nightly news.. nevermind any real news

Old 07-19-2016, 04:25 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,493,097 times
Quote:
Can Trump supporters just be honest about the fact that Donald Trump left his wife UNPROTCETED!!!!!

What type of husband in this situation does not make certain that his wife has the BEST speech writers, the best researchers and the best speech coaches to prepare her for being on the world stage.

Donald Trump threw his wife out onto the international media stage UNPROTECTED!
Indeed, someone threw her under the bus. Clearly, the Trump campaign is not yet ready for prime time. Wow.

Old 07-19-2016, 04:26 PM

11,558 posts, read 12,057,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
i've seen reports that melania worked on this speech "for weeks" so .... i'll be curious to see if the campaign switches position and blames the speech writer ( ..... or just ignore and deflect when called on it ).

Melania Trump Basically Copies a 2008 Michelle Obama Speech at the RNC | E! News
Since the topic of plagiarism is of importance to you; Were you one of the first to point out Obama's plagiarisms in his speeches?

In 2008, Hillary Clinton’s accused Obama of stealing lines from then-Governor Deval Patrick:

Obama's speech:

“Don’t tell me words don’t matter! ‘I have a dream.’ Just words. ‘We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal.’ Just words. ‘We have nothing to fear but fear itself.’ Just words, just speeches.”

Patrick used many of the same phrases in his speech 2006 speech:

“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal’-just words. Just words. ‘We have nothing to fear but fear itself’-just words. ‘Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country’-just words. ‘I have a dream’-just words.”

Deval Patrick, June 6, 2006, Worcester, Massachusetts, addressing the Massachusetts State Democratic Convention:

"I am not asking anybody to take a chance on me. I'm asking you to take a chance on your own aspirations."

Barack Obama, November 2, 2007, during a campaign speech in South Carolina:

"I'm not just asking you to take a chance on me. I'm also asking you to take a chance on your own aspirations."

Old 07-19-2016, 04:27 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,720,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
I'll bet this ridiculous story is on the nightly news.. nevermind any real news
You don't have to watch it.

You Won't Believe Who the RNC Is Blaming For the Melania Speech Kerfuffle (VIDEO) | RedState

So now the Trump campaign tries to say some of it is like Twilight Sparkle from My Little Pony. It's all they've got, right? Except Twilight Sparkle aired two years after Michelle Obama's DNC speech. So did Melania google Michelle Obama or My Little Pony?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections