Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2016, 08:24 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,823,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Valid point. I think Kaine was picked as a "centrist". Trump's campaign has gone so far right (and I don't even know that Trump is that far right, he just babbles whatever!). I feel threatened as a woman and a mother to a gay kid by Pence. Why did Trump choose someone so socially radical? Point being, I suspect Kaine was chosen because he is not far left and perhaps those in the center might relate.
I consider myself a center left independent and I do think Kaine is more center focused and the fact that he is relatively "new" in comparison to Hillary is a complement to her IMO. I really do think she did her homework and picked a great VP candidate.

I also do think Pence is a solid GOP conservative, but I think he is much more likely to alienate moderate Republican (which unfortunately Trump has already done to a wide degree) versus Kaine being much more likely to bring in moderate Democrats along with smoothing bridges for moderate Republicans to vote for Hillary Clinton with him on the ticket.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2016, 08:28 AM

39,870 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by philopower View Post
Hillary really blew it not enlisting Warren, two females would have been mighty badass. Kaine is too soft spoken and boring. Pence is not even on my radar considering how insignificant he is compared to his running mate. What do yall think?
You may be right about Warren being Hils running mate. In comparison even Hillary might look sane and capable.

Old 08-01-2016, 08:37 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by philopower View Post
Hillary really blew it not enlisting Warren, two females would have been mighty badass. Kaine is too soft spoken and boring. Pence is not even on my radar considering how insignificant he is compared to his running mate. What do yall think?
In the sad event Donny actually wins the White House I'd say Pence is very significant, I don't believe Donny lasst more than a year before getting bored, feigning some problem and resigning. And the Bible thumping Pence? NO! NO! NO! Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections