Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2016, 07:48 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times

Advertisements

Wow it just keeps getting worse:

the “military mom” of a son currently serving in the U.S. Air Force was shouted down by Trump supporters at a rally for vice presidential candidate Mike Pence in Carson City, Nevada

Trump Fans Boo Air Force Mom at Mike Pence Rally - The Daily Beast

Old 08-01-2016, 07:48 PM

1,816 posts, read 1,150,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
So you have a problem with vetting people before they come into this country.

Ok, got it.

Man, you dems just keep rehashing the same old stuff over, and over again.

Where are the mods to merge this with the other 50 threads about this subject.
There is a vetting process already in place. Move on as it seemed to work very well for the Khans's and millions of other Muslims living here, paying taxes and making contributions to the USA.

At the end of the day we're all immigrants aren't we? But maybe your a native american?

Old 08-01-2016, 07:52 PM

1,529 posts, read 916,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Mr. Khan was not "used." He's an articulate man, well-educated, thoughtful and has deeply held beliefs about the Constitution and American patriotism. He's too smart to be anybody's pawn. He spoke at the convention on his own accord, that much is clear.
As clear as mud. Khan was well coached.

That little demonstration with the Constitution booklet was well rehearsed for medium dramatic effort. To bad Trump fell for a cheap Hillary trick.

Old 08-01-2016, 07:53 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,473,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
You're missing the point. The distraction technique was only successful b/c Trump took the bait and that's all Khan's speech was. At the end of the day, neither Hillary Clinton nor the Democratic party gives a f*** about Mr. Khan or his dead son. But, they were successful in using him to bait Trump into an argument he should have avoided.

I'm with you on Trump > Clinton but Trump needs to win in order to prevent Clinton from being President (and before he can propose any of his worthwhile policies). This sort of stuff isn't helping -- these are mistakes a rookie could easily avoid.
IBTD, on ANY Day Hillary and the Democratic Party clearly give MORE f**** about Mr. Khan, his fallen son, his grieving wife, AMERICANS and AMERICA than trump.

Old 08-01-2016, 07:54 PM

57,294 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post

What did the family "sacrifice" again?
Did you present that question to all the families of the several thousand that died in Iraq and Afghanistan, or did you just reserve that comment for this week? Mothers, fathers, husbands and wives and there is no family sacrifice.

Old 08-01-2016, 07:58 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,938,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by red baron View Post
As clear as mud. Khan was well coached.

That little demonstration with the Constitution booklet was well rehearsed for medium dramatic effort. To bad Trump fell for a cheap Hillary trick.
Looked like a brand new copy. I could see the dems coaching him..."when you get to this part, pull out the constitution and tell him he can borrow yours"

Old 08-01-2016, 08:03 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Looked like a brand new copy. I could see the dems coaching him..."when you get to this part, pull out the constitution and tell him he can borrow yours"
He needs to give the constitution to Hillary so she can see what our laws are. She seems confused about that.

We had a situation once that reminds me of what is going on with this situation. I bought a dog from a little girl who was dragging it door to door to sell and it looked like it wouldn't make it so I paid her $5 and took the dog home. It had puppies. This dog took all the puppies to the end of our driveway and when the neighborhood dogs would come to check them out she became a holy terror. I had never understood the B word that rhymes with witch before.

This situation with the dead soldier and the parents and Hillary Clinton is just like this. Trump cannot win this situation for losing because he is dealing with a party that is using the B word that rhymes with witch play book.

Trump was against the war the soldier was killed in. Hillary voted to go to war. Why is Trump at fault for pointing out that he is being unfairly blamed for taking up for himself? He did nothing wrong yet he was badmouthed because he stood up for protecting the American people. Where was this man and his indignation when Americans in this country were being killed by Muslims? It is not wrong for Trump to state that our citizens need to be protected from harmful people and anyone that does not understand that we need our borders protected and use caution in letting people into our country does not understand our country's problems with security.

On the other hand Hillary stands around and spouts out that she wants to make citizens of all those criminals who have flooded over our borders. She has no right to do that on her own. There is nothing wrong with the laws our good legislatures from hundreds of years have made. She just needs to start respecting the work others did and realize she also needs to obey the laws on the books. She is running for president, not dictator.

Last edited by NCN; 08-01-2016 at 08:21 PM..

Old 08-01-2016, 08:08 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times
A PERSONAL message for the Muslim father whose son was killed in Iraq

I have a PERSONAL message for the Muslim father whose son was killed in Iraq - Allen B. West - AllenBWest.com

This puts the entire thing in perspective.

Old 08-01-2016, 08:18 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,954,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
US Marine And Navy Veteran Writes BLISTERING Open Letter To Khizr Khan: “Does it matter whether Mr. Trump has ‘sacrificed’? Has Ms. Clinton ‘sacrificed’ for this nation? How about Mr. Obama?”
Dear Mr. Khan,
I want to preface this letter by stating that I respect your son’s sacrifice for this great nation. By all accounts, he is a true hero that sacrificed himself in service to our country. For that I am thankful.
As a veteran, I watched your comments at the Democratic National Convention with a mixture of sadness, and anger. The United States has a military comprised of volunteers. Every single member has made the conscious choice to join the military and serve. There is not a single service member who has been forced into service....
Respectfully,
Chris Mark

source:
The List of Americans Defending Donald Trump Against Family of Fallen Muslim-American Soldier

Shame on them.

Instead of being at some DNC event, they should have been at the cemetery honoring their fallen son.

Old 08-01-2016, 08:19 PM

981 posts, read 900,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOkidd View Post
Only a fool would think that Clinton and Obama have not sacrificed for and served their country. Years of public service in politics is serving one's country. Joining the military and/or fighting in a war is NOT the only way people make sacrifices for and serve their country. Hillary's record of public service spans three decades, Obama served two terms as president. If that is not serving one's country — and I don't care what political leanings you have — then I guess only soldiers serve their country.

And don't even talk about Clinton being self-serving in her role as First Lady, Senator, Secretary of State, amd now Democratic candidate for president. People generally don't join the military for selfless reasons. They join for the free education and guaranteed career for life, knowing that they may be called to serve if the country goes to war. And when they are discharged, they are pretty much guaranteed jobs in private security, or in law enforcement, if they don't go on to have life-long careers in the military and retire at 50. Everything everyone does is self-interested and self-serving, including soldiers. The fact that politicians gain from their positions as elected officials does not diminish their service to the country, which would cease to exist without their hard work.

Look at the constant abuse, criticism, scrutiny, and pressure politicians deal with trying to contribute to the functioning of a democratic society. They work demanding jobs and rarely get any credit for their accomplishments, but do face the wrath of millioms if they make a mistake. They give up any sort of private life, and have to meet unrealistic expectations that no one else is expected to. If this is not sacrifice for one's country, nothing is.

LMAO. I want one of those careers in "public service" where I make OVER 100 MILLION DOLLARS. You know in the same range that a retired enlisted person would make working mall security or law enforcement. DC has one of the fastest growing real estate markets, you know because the political class is so underpaid. I particularly loved it when Obama requested a raise for the government class to cover increased out of pocket costs for the ACA when the rest of us poor slobs had to face increased costs of $10k per year or more. So glad those hard working politicians got to keep the healthcare plan that they liked!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections