Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2016, 07:20 PM

39,219 posts, read 27,582,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Well, the Khan family wanted to call out Trump's Islamophobia and show that there are many Muslim Americans who are loyal, patriotic and even sacrifice their lives to their country. That's the issue.

Trump, being the thin-skinned punk, just can't let things roll over, and it's off to the races!
I agree Trump is thin-skinned punk or bully, whatever you want to call him, I perhaps would agree.

But I also don't believe Khan should consider Hillary Clinton as a healer LOL what a joke

Old 08-03-2016, 07:36 PM

30,348 posts, read 19,134,588 times
From a US veteran to Mr. Khan, your son sacrificed his life for his country and is a hero. You however, sold your dark soul to a lady who voted to send your son to his death and you are trying (and no doubt will) to profit from your son's death....shameful.

Old 08-03-2016, 07:42 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,936,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
From a US veteran to Mr. Khan, your son sacrificed his life for his country and is a hero. You however, sold your dark soul to a lady who voted to send your son to his death and you are trying (and no doubt will) to profit from your son's death....shameful.
A typical Rush Limbaugh/Michael Savage talking point.

The wars you reference were started by President Bush.

Mr. Khan did not sell anything ... he expressed his constitution right to voice his opinion.

It's not like making a few bucks for posing nude in a girl-on-girl photo shoot.

Old 08-03-2016, 08:42 PM

30,348 posts, read 19,134,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
A typical Rush Limbaugh/Michael Savage talking point.

The wars you reference were started by President Bush.

Mr. Khan did not sell anything ... he expressed his constitution right to voice his opinion.

It's not like making a few bucks for posing nude in a girl-on-girl photo shoot.
Which is why I wouldn't vote for Bush, Cheney or Hillary. The reality stands that Hillary's action to vote to send troops to Iraq was the proximate clause of Mr. Khan's son, Trump had nothing to do with it and Khan is trying and no doubt will profit greatly from his son's death.

Old 08-03-2016, 08:55 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,309,239 times
Quote:
Which is why I wouldn't vote for Bush, Cheney or Hillary. The reality stands that Hillary's action to vote to send troops to Iraq was the proximate clause of Mr. Khan's son, Trump had nothing to do with it and Khan is trying and no doubt will profit greatly from his son's death.
Why Mr. Khan's son was fighting in a war is not the point of his speaking at the convention which is a point that Trump fans are deliberately ignoring. His speech was to address the anti-Muslim bigotry that Trump likes to spread like cancer. What better person to illustrate the contributions made to America by those of the Muslim religion than could be made by a very articulated and well educated Gold Star parent. And you're being ridiculous to thing he's going to profit for his son's death. No one is paying him.

Five Facts You Need to know about Captain Khan with his father's speech included in the link.
http://heavy.com/news/2016/07/humayu...er-iraq-trump/

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 08-03-2016 at 09:06 PM..

Old 08-03-2016, 08:56 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,279,161 times
Quote:
I doubt Khan was criticizing his son going to war, although most likely he was at odds with it, his criticism of Trump was because he and his son as muslims fought, died and paid the ultimate sacrifice for this great country.
But Trumps rethoric is very negative and divisive towards muslims and I suppose Mr. Khan took umbrage and from his perspective who can blame him.......?
I'm not sure why that is so hard to understand for so many.

Old 08-03-2016, 09:10 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,194,523 times
Quote:
Quote:
Then you'd better not vote for Trump/Pence either. Mike Pence also voted for the AUMF as a Congressman. And he is apparently going to be the acting Prez if Donnie is elected since he has said the VP will run domestic and foreign policy while he's off tweeting or whatever.

Old 08-03-2016, 09:32 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,795,786 times
He actually met with Gold Star families today.
Trump meets with Gold Star families amid controversy

Old 08-03-2016, 09:42 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,459,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
He actually met with Gold Star families today.
Trump meets with Gold Star families amid controversy
"Quick, roundup some vets and Gold Star families to make me look better"

Old 08-03-2016, 10:11 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,929,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
"Quick, roundup some vets and Gold Star families to make me look better"
"Donald Trump won't even take the time to meet with families he's cruelly insulted".

You can spin just about anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections