Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2016, 02:29 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,850,418 times

Advertisements

USA TODAY
Despite polls showing the deeply unpopular Clinton behind in the race against reality-TV Republican Donald Trump, only a fool would bet against her. And yet, every time a Clintonite attacks Trump, it is getting hard not to giggle, or at least titter, depending on your jocular orientation.

Before the convention, Hillary Clinton herself launched an attack on Trump that blew past titters and giggles and straight into guffaw territory. Trump is terrifying enough with the power of social media, she intoned, but “imagine if he had not just Twitter and cable news to go after his critics and opponents, but also the IRS."

Yes, imagine a president who would abuse the powers of the IRS. Not to paint Clinton with the unfair and overbroad brush of guilt by association, but the administration in which she served as secretary of State, twice, accidentally, released the private taxpayer information of its political opponents at moments that, perhaps inadvertently, were politically damaging. And then there was the “targeting” of the administration’s Tea Party opponents by the Obama administration IRS while Clinton was coincidentally serving as secretary of State. For non-political reasons no doubt, the Obama administration is still fighting in court to keep the full details of those events from the public eye.

Yes, when Trump becomes our president in January, it will be a disaster. There is no way I would ever vote for a guy with the temperament of a rabid weasel, the maturity of a drunken kindergartner and the depth of a California reservoir. If we're lucky, he'll get himself impeached during the transition.

But I don’t care how much Hillary Clinton spends on attack ads revealing the full awful truth about Donald Trump. As long as she is talking, nobody is going to hear a word over all the laughter.
Election 2016 is over. Trump won: David Mastio
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2016, 02:37 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,758,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
USA TODAY
Yes, when Trump becomes our president in January, it will be a disaster. There is no way I would ever vote for a guy with the temperament of a rabid weasel, the maturity of a drunken kindergartner and the depth of a California reservoir. If we're lucky, he'll get himself impeached during the transition.
Couldn't agree more.

We all have different ways to avert looming disaster.

Mine is to vote for the only candidate that can beat him for president.

Old 08-01-2016, 02:39 PM

10,235 posts, read 6,324,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Couldn't agree more.

We all have different ways to avert looming disaster.

Mine is to vote for the only candidate that can beat him for president.
Yes, Sanders supporter now voting for Clinton. If Mickey Mouse could defeat Don the Con, he would get my vote.

Old 08-01-2016, 02:53 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Yes, Sanders supporter now voting for Clinton. If Mickey Mouse could defeat Don the Con, he would get my vote.
Pretty much.

Old 08-01-2016, 03:04 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,297,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Mickey's hands might be bigger.

Old 08-01-2016, 03:08 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,416,761 times
Negative.

The orange maniac will never be president.

Old 08-01-2016, 03:13 PM

2,249 posts, read 2,825,478 times
I don't think he will win. He will really fall in the debates. That's where he will go downhill big time.

Old 08-01-2016, 03:18 PM

5,900 posts, read 3,903,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCheetah View Post
I don't think he will win. He will really fall in the debates. That's where he will go downhill big time.
Trump is going to get exposed in these debates. I expect him to wing it and engage in name calling and continue much of the empty substance (reduce state lines, get rid of Obamacare but we gotta take care of everybody, I will restore law and order, etc)

I thought the experienced McCain was going to crown Obama in the 2008 debates, turned out the complete opposite happened.

Old 08-01-2016, 03:26 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,416,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCheetah View Post
If he even shows up. He's already lining up excuses to back out.

Of course I think he will lose in that case as well, as he will have been exposed as an incompetent coward.

Old 08-01-2016, 03:31 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,275,609 times
From reading the MSM and the polls contained within, I have the distinct feeling Trump will lose not by a huge margin but still lose nonetheless. Then the conflicting polls stating something different. We next hear about scandals involving Hillary and it does seem she is in trouble for sure. Nothing happens and it seems she can go on unhindered to take the White House.

Then I remember how truly bad the economy is doing with poor paying jobs, people on foodstamps like never before, non existent economic growth and where does it all end?. Can the many millions suffering in this lackluster economy just ignore the grim picture?. It would be a sad indictment of the intelligence of working class Americans. Something tells me voters this time around are less swayed by MSM and more from social media. This is where Trump excels.

Are the American public serious about electing change or just like the idea for a while until they get bored and move onto something else. The Dems would hope so. Trump will be there until the very end. Will his supporter be remains the qst.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections