Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2016, 09:31 PM

952 posts, read 518,259 times

Advertisements

Some ask 'out of 300 million, this is what we get?'. Well, yes it is...

After months and months of scrutiny, public humiliation, fact checking and a rigorous campaign, one of them will win 4 more years of the same.

The press will be watching every move, public outcry will reach a new fevered pitch, and the house and senate will not support either one.

So, if I have to choose which candidate to dump this thankless position on, it would be Trump. Bet he doesn't last a month.

The only problem I see is that we would eventually end up with the intolerant Pence as our prez.

What say you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2016, 09:34 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,470,187 times
I say "That's really sad."

Old 08-17-2016, 09:44 PM

952 posts, read 518,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangelag View Post
I say "That's really sad."
I agree, but that is what it boils down to.

Old 08-17-2016, 10:07 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,499,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livejack View Post

After months and months of scrutiny, public humiliation, fact checking and a rigorous campaign, one of them will win 4 more years of the same.

The press will be watching every move, public outcry will reach a new fevered pitch, and the house and senate will not support either one.

So, if I have to choose which candidate to dump this thankless position on, it would be Trump. Bet he doesn't last a month.

The only problem I see is that we would eventually end up with the intolerant Pence as our prez.

What say you?
Although the scenario of Trump getting trounced daily is appealing, maybe even worth the risk, I will still vote for a rock, a chicken leg or a box of Froot Loops over the Donald.

Thanks for the visual tho --can just picture the endless daily hissy fits he would grace our evening news with.

Old 08-18-2016, 02:26 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,363,738 times
Quote:

What say you?

Reason enough to NOT vote for Trump.

Old 08-18-2016, 07:31 AM

121 posts, read 74,666 times
Trump is God's way of saying "Look in the mirror, y'all."

Old 08-18-2016, 07:39 AM

148 posts, read 137,457 times
I think Trump would not be pleased to find out that being President is a thankless job where you make many decisions that the American people never know about (so he won't receive the praise). It is also the most scrutinized position so if he hates the criticism he's getting now...it will only get worse as President.

I would predict that a President Trump would resort to daily national addresses during prime time so he could continue to talk about and track his ratings.

Old 08-18-2016, 07:41 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,106,655 times
Quote:

What say you?
No, he doesn't. Why? because I love my country way too much to vote for him. I hope the majority of people voting in this election feel the same as I do.

Old 08-18-2016, 07:44 AM

5,895 posts, read 3,896,920 times
Quote:

Trump doesn't deserve to be President. He has shown that he has no sense of history or respect for the office. This guy makes Obama's narcissism pale in comparison. The "law and order" candidate is in favor of increased domestic spying and international blow back in the Middle East. He proposes neo-Sedition Acts against the free press and we already know how he feels against Muslims (even the good, law-abiding taxpaying ones) and illegal immigrants. A libertarian's worse nightmare; a true authoritarian, that Trump.

Pence will be about as useless as Dan Quayle was.

Old 08-18-2016, 07:53 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,644,356 times
Trump will go down as one of the best presidents ever to be elected if he accomplishes only a fraction of what he wants to do. Being pro American the anarchy party of the democrats will obstruct him at every opportunity but he will get some things done. He will take his case to the people and get additional support when they see benefits of being pro American. The congressional elections in two years will aid him as pro American supporters turn out to elect a congress willing to help return government back to the people. The days of the elite establishment protecting their power and influence will be crushed by the voters.

"GO TRUMP"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections