Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2016, 09:34 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,040,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I'd love to see The Donald roll up his sleeves and fill a few sandbags. I'm guessing he hasn't done anything more physical than swing a golf club in his life.
There's only one person playing golf right now that matters in this conversation and it surely isn't Donald Trump.

Old 08-19-2016, 09:38 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,469,695 times
Don't worry, Donny Photo Op is here.
Here I come to save the day!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-wUe5aEwHM

Old 08-19-2016, 09:55 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,286,655 times
Statement from Governor Edwards.

Old 08-19-2016, 09:56 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,218,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
The Democratic governor is helping the vacationing Obama save face.
Keep on dreaming. This is as the Gov. has found no rainy day funds for the State in the State Treasury because of the GOP method of winning elections.

Old 08-19-2016, 09:57 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,286,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
It's funny how the liberal tune has changed since Katrina.
It depends on the liberal. I thought that Bush going there was pointless. In the end the only thing that matters is the government response. A President going there is simply just a photo op for them.

Old 08-19-2016, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
And what is Trump doing? I mean, aside from forcing the relief efforts to stop so he can drive through the area with his motorcade, feigning concern and getting his picture taken?

Most of us recognize the kind of raw narcissism of Donald Trump which puts himself and what he wants before everyone else. It's only the cult who is blind to that.

No relief efforts stopped, nothing stopped, nothing. He's bringing media attention to a disaster that has been pushed aside by the Olympics and other stories. He's doing what the people of Louisiana want him to do, he's listening and talking to people.

He's being presidential, he's not playing golf.

Old 08-19-2016, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
Statement from Governor Edwards.

Are you talking about the Gov. Edwards who was endorsed by President Obama? That Gov. Edwards? Please, the locals around here have no issue with Donald Trump being here, it's only people behind keyboards 1000 miles away who seem to have an issue with it.

Old 08-19-2016, 10:29 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,715,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
It's funny how the liberal tune has changed since Katrina.
This liberal never criticized Bush for his post-Katrina actions. I think it's ridiculous that presidents are expected to show up following a natural disaster and walk around in their shirt sleeves looking at devastation. They should do their best to make sure FEMA is funded and functioning well, express sympathy and offer hope via television, and then get out of the way.

And you can be sure that if Obama had gone to Louisiana, he'd be criticized on C-D for grandstanding and complicating recovery efforts.

Old 08-19-2016, 10:35 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,819,312 times
Several observations:

1) The Governor of Louisiana has specifically requested that President Obama not visit at this time.
Quote:
He added that while the President can visit whenever he'd like, he'd prefer him to wait "a week or two" because such visits require local police and first responders to help block roads and provide security.
The Latest: Governor Defends Obama's Response to Flooding - ABC News

2) Yes, I'm sure that in the midst of Louisiana's worst natural disaster in a decade, police and first responders don't have anything better to do that attend to Donald Trump's campaign stop--- ooops, I mean 'visit'.

3) If President Obama had visited, the usual suspects would be excoriating him for not staying away and letting the local professionals focus on the task at hand.

4) Substantively, what matters is the FEMA response. And this time around, it has been proper and as necessary - unlike in 2005, when it was botched. Why? Because President Obama has appointed qualified individuals, whereas the last President decided to politically-reward a horse show judge who had no qualifications: "Heckuva job, Brownie!".
Quote:
But leaders also praised the work of the federal government as a much-welcomed departure from the difficulties experienced during Hurricanes Katrina and Rita. "This is not your 2005 FEMA,” said Commissioner of Administration Jay Dardenne. “They have been much more responsive.”
Gov. John Bel Edwards: 'I'm not complaining in any way about our federal partnership' | State Politics | theadvocate.com

5) The local commissioner who is lavishing praise on the response of President Obama's FEMA, Jay Dardenne, is a Republican.

Old 08-19-2016, 10:36 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,231,107 times
Date of Hurricane Sandy October 22 - Nov 2, 2012

Date of Obama visit October 31, 2012

Photo op.

When Obama doesn't have an election to win and people are in crisis he plays golf. He has proven himself to be a phony.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections