Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2016, 07:05 PM

1,009 posts, read 709,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
He's going to muck up the works and delay relief to actual victims because he will require lots and lots of attention. Beyond that, nothing.

And the cult cheers.
Come on cut the man some slack he is doing good but his haters are so blind . Oh my! I hear Obama is finally going to make a presence . I guess he had to cut his vacation what an inconvenience for him . And yes we cheer for his good deed.

Old 08-19-2016, 07:30 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,455,798 times
Quote:
You cheer because he forced people who were involved in productive work for the victims of this disaster to leave what they were doing and accommodate him so he could have his photo op?

Trump put himself and his desire for a photo op before the people who are suffering in Louisiana. Does it get any more self-centered than that?

But it doesn't surprise me that the cult would cheer such self-centered behavior. You wouldn't be Trump fans if you didn't love his narcissism.
Absolutely unbelievable. And to listen to Faux Newz spin it as some sort of selfless humanitarian mission by Trump was nauseating.....they definitely are trying to get the idiot elected.

Old 08-19-2016, 07:33 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,980,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
.....they'd be best to just go through the regular process offered by FEMA. Trump is gumming up the works.
FEMA is a dirty word in Louisiana.

Old 08-19-2016, 07:35 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,474,299 times
Quote:
toys (play-doh).....thousands of hot, uncomfortable Americans in flood waters need toys.

http://www.trbimg.com/img-57b76db8/t...-20160819-snap

90% of the victims didn't have insurance - wouldn't wait on any check from Trump.....ask the Vet groups about that one.....they'd be best to just go through the regular process offered by FEMA. Trump is gumming up the works.
Unbelievable.

Old 08-19-2016, 07:46 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,455,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
FEMA is a dirty word in Louisiana.
Thank the GOP (you know, Trump's current political party) for that.

Old 08-19-2016, 07:47 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,330,074 times
I don't the significant of Trump and Pence visiting Louisiana.

Old 08-19-2016, 08:38 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shopalcholic View Post
. And yes we cheer for his good deed.
What good deed? Good deeds involve actually HELPING people. All he did was fly in and say, as he always does, "Look at me! Look at Me!"

The good deeds are being done by the aid workers and the first responders. Trump making sure he gets his photo taken while playing Lord Bountiful is NOT a good deed.

Old 08-19-2016, 08:51 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,040,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker501 View Post
For everyone who claims he didn't do anything for visiting you should read this article from LA Times.
They interview a flood victim who is not a Trump fan who says the visit helped give the tired people of the area a little boost.
He also was trying to educate himself on the extent of the damage, the number of houses ruined, how many people have insurance to help them out.
They also praise him for bringing attention to the disaster.
Louisiana flood victims praise Donald Trump for visiting damaged areas - LA Times
That's exactly what everyone on the ground here has said, I haven't run into a single person who was upset that he came here today. He didn't cause anyone any trouble and people welcomed him warmly. Anti-Trump people are just angry that he did something that a lot of people appreciate, they're desperate to spin it like everything else he does or says.

Old 08-19-2016, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Flood victims were interviewed by CBS the other day and some said that there was too much help to the point that they were getting in the way (helping clear out homes).....FEMA reported today that 1000+ relief members were on site.
Please link us to the article or video of flood victims claiming they have too much help, I'd love to see those mythical people because everyone around here has been begging for all the help they can get. FEMA's relief members aren't helping people guy out wet drywall or pull carpet out of their homes, they're documenting people's claims and other things like that. I'm not saying they aren't needed but they're not out here busting their asses help people drag most of their belongings to the street corner.

Old 08-19-2016, 09:00 PM

Quote:
You cheer because he forced people who were involved in productive work for the victims of this disaster to leave what they were doing and accommodate him so he could have his photo op?

Trump put himself and his desire for a photo op before the people who are suffering in Louisiana. Does it get any more self-centered than that?

But it doesn't surprise me that the cult would cheer such self-centered behavior. You wouldn't be Trump fans if you didn't love his narcissism.
Quote:
Absolutely unbelievable. And to listen to Faux Newz spin it as some sort of selfless humanitarian mission by Trump was nauseating.....they definitely are trying to get the idiot elected.
At what point will people like you 2 stop telling lies about what took place today? Your anger and frustration is beyond pathetic, just give it up. The people who actually matter in this case appreciated his visit, you can't change that fact no matter how many lies you tell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections