Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2016, 09:20 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,094,094 times

Advertisements

Will Trump put his money where his mouth is and make a sizable donation? If anyone believes he will let me know. You might be interested in a bridge I have for sale.

Old 08-19-2016, 09:21 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,228,034 times
Obama has finally stopped pretending to be president, good for him and us. Time for a real leadership.

Old 08-19-2016, 09:21 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,483,864 times
Is Trump going to tell them that global warming is causing extreme weather conditions, including flooding?

Will he tell them to expect the flood events and extreme weather conditions to get worse if Trump becomes president because he, and most of the GOP, choose to pretend that global warming doesn't exist?

Old 08-19-2016, 09:22 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,094,094 times
And Trump is pretending to be a presidential candidate.

Old 08-19-2016, 09:23 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,228,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Nutty Don at it again. Gov. of Louisiana asked POTUS to stay away so as not to divert manpower. Nutty Don comes in and ties up progress. Nutty Don looking for new real estate purchases he can get for a steal.
The Democratic governor is helping the vacationing Obama save face.

Old 08-19-2016, 09:24 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,073,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I haven't run into a single person here who agrees with your ignorant statements, people here are welcoming of any attention that anyone can bring to this disaster. Donald Trump rolled in with his own security team and secret service agents, he flew here on his own jet and landed at the Baton Rouge airport which isn't flooded or being used for any flood related activities.

Does it suck being wrong all the time or does the sting go away after a while?
Your naivete is kinda cute. But tell me how he is not going to interfere with the relief efforts since his plan is to tour flood ravaged areas? The governor of Louisiana asked the president to please delay a visit because it would interfere with recovery efforts. But little Donnie thinks he is more important than the president and that request doesn't apply to him.

That's just how narcissists roll.

Old 08-19-2016, 09:29 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,033,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Your naivete is kinda cute. But tell me how he is not going to interfere with the relief efforts since his plan is to tour flood ravaged areas? The governor of Louisiana asked the president to please delay a visit because it would interfere with recovery efforts. But little Donnie thinks he is more important than the president and that request doesn't apply to him.

That's just how narcissists roll.
Show me a single person here on the ground who is upset or anyone who was/is being inconvenienced in the least bit by this visit. I can't find a single person but I'm sure keyboard commanders like you have tons of examples lined up. The recovery effort isn't slowing down at all, we're doing just fine.

The cold hard truth is that you're mad because this makes Donald Trump look good, I take great pleasure in your ignorant anger.

Old 08-19-2016, 09:30 AM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
What has everyone got their panties in a bunch about?

Sounds like things are being well taken care of. I saw a video of shelters and cots and people being rescued.

So exactly what else would President Obama's need to do to ensure the safety and comfort of the citizens there?

I guess he could always go for a photo op of filling sandbags or talking with a bereaved local, but don't see how that helps matters any.

As long as those folks on the ground are doing their job, he's doing his.

Old 08-19-2016, 09:32 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,073,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post

Sounds like things are being well taken care of. I saw a video of shelters and cots and people being rescued.

So exactly what else would President Obama's need to do to ensure the safety and comfort of the citizens there?

I guess he could always go for a photo op of filling sandbags or talking with a bereaved local, but don't see how that helps matters any.

I'd love to see The Donald roll up his sleeves and fill a few sandbags. I'm guessing he hasn't done anything more physical than swing a golf club in his life.

Old 08-19-2016, 09:33 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,033,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post

It's funny how the liberal tune has changed since Katrina.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections