Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2016, 10:06 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,630,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
You seem to think that Trump will be allowed to sling out your list of accusations and that Clinton will be obliged to respond to him.

Clearly, you have never watched a presidential "debate" before.
No, I dont expect her to respond to hardly any of them. She gets confused far too easily for that. She will have the classic "Deer in the headlights" look she has perfected over the last 30 years
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2016, 10:11 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,224,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
No, I dont expect her to respond to hardly any of them. She gets confused far too easily for that. She will have the classic "Deer in the headlights" look she has perfected over the last 30 years
Ok, seriously, have you ever actually seen Hillary Clinton? Because I have no idea who you are talking about but it's clearly not her. You want to disagree with her policies? Fine. But you are so far in outer space if you don't think she is has command of facts and details, all of which has been amply demonstrated for many years and especially during the Democratic primary debates. It's pure delusion to claim otherwise.

Old 08-30-2016, 10:36 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,630,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Ok, seriously, have you ever actually seen Hillary Clinton? Because I have no idea who you are talking about but it's clearly not her. You want to disagree with her policies? Fine. But you are so far in outer space if you don't think she is has command of facts and details, all of which has been amply demonstrated for many years and especially during the Democratic primary debates. It's pure delusion to claim otherwise.
While reading your response, what instantly came to mind was Hillary telling the families of the Benghazi victims that their loved ones died because of a youtube video..said it straight to their faces. So for her "Command of facts and details" leaves me feeling quite dubious.

Old 08-30-2016, 10:59 AM

2,491 posts, read 2,681,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Problem is, you believing she lies about everything is actually a lie in itself. While Donald was busy spending the last 30 years hawking crappy steaks, firing people on vapid reality shows and trying to prevent black people from living in his buildings, Hillary has been involved in domestic and foreign issues. Like it or not, she knows her stuff. Donald can't zing his way out of this one. He's captured the national idiot vote, but that will only take him so far, and it won't be the presidency.

They won't let me rep you again, but this is a great post.
Summarizes the whole deal in one paragraph.
Thanks

I'm a Trump supporter.
I fully support his destruction of the GOP.
Make America Think Again.

Old 08-30-2016, 11:13 AM

952 posts, read 518,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
Frankly, it's probably not a bad strategy for Trump.

She's a wonk and he's a guy who is ignorant. Not stupid, but ignorant - he is uninterested in things that don't involved getting attention, making money and getting laid. He might as well play to his strengths and hope that he somehow exceeds the incredibly low expectations that people have for him.

If he does that, he can potentially win the news cycle around the debates even if he gets destroyed on substance. This isn't likely to be a winning strategy. But it may be the least-bad option he has.

But all that assumes he uses the debates as a leverage to winning the election. Personally, I have my doubts. The raging narcissist within him probably can't resist using the spotlight of the debates to be the rodeo clown that he is accustomed to being. So my guess is that he just goes for laughs, ratings, whatever he knows will dominate the news no matter how negatively so that he can bask in the glow of attention.

He'll then proclaim that he won, the Trumplings will gullibly believe it, and the other 2/3rds of the country will just roll its collective eyes.
My eyes roll at the thought if this. Can't help it. Every time his mouth opens my eyes roll...

Old 08-30-2016, 12:01 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,733,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Debate prep: Hillary loads up on facts, Trump loads up on zingers

"Clinton is reportedly devouring policy and opposition research, and rehearsing like crazy to get ready.

Overall, the Clinton Team says that Hillary is approaching the debates like a series of job interviews with the American electorate, in which she should come across as the sober and serious alternative to Trump, and so she’s hyper-preparing accordingly.

Trump, on the other hand, has no official debate team, and is apparently skipping the policy prep and rehearsals so he can rely on his natural talents and showmanship. What preparation he is doing, at least right now, consists of hosting Sunday get-togethers with friends, advisors, and family to test pitches and zingers over cheeseburgers and soda.

Trump Will Wing Debates, While Clinton Does Her Homework

She is wasting time prepping to be a human "Wikipedia" when she should be working to come across as a leader. Trump does not need to know any stupid facts. That is why you hire advisors to compress all the data into a report that can be acted on.

Old 08-30-2016, 12:05 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,761,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
She is wasting time prepping to be a human "Wikipedia" when she should be working to come across as a leader. Trump does not need to know any stupid facts. That is why you hire advisors to compress all the data into a report that can be acted on.
This is where you're wrong. Plenty of americans DO expect their president to know "stupid facts".

Old 08-30-2016, 12:27 PM

5,544 posts, read 8,320,136 times
OP, given where we are today that is what people, the press anyway, will be looking for. Those zinger moments will be replayed time and again.

and look at comment after comment on this board where Trump gives a speech and the only discussion is a word or phase used. a poorly worded statement. Not the substance of the speech. the meat of the matter. just some inelegant words.

I am frankly done with it and will do my part in November and hope for the best.

Old 08-30-2016, 12:30 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,224,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldnorthstate View Post
OP, given where we are today that is what people, the press anyway, will be looking for. Those zinger moments will be replayed time and again.

and look at comment after comment on this board where Trump gives a speech and the only discussion is a word or phase used. a poorly worded statement. Not the substance of the speech. the meat of the matter. just some inelegant words.

I am frankly done with it and will do my part in November and hope for the best.
There is zero meat in anything Donnie says, since he gives no details and never seems to hold a position for longer than a hot second.

Where is he right now on his signature issue of immigration? No one knows because he's taken pretty much every position under the sun and that's just in the last couple of weeks.

Old 08-30-2016, 12:51 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,363,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Uh, no. Actually a president does need to know facts.

And Trump is pretty terrible at taking directions or advice from others, so having advisors is only as good if you use their knowledge. Trump's record with his campaign suggests that he doesn't do that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections