Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2016, 12:19 PM

47,036 posts, read 26,117,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Why isn't Johnson getting national security briefs like the other candidates to allow him to be on a level playing field?
What??? What Aleppo is and why it's important is skim-the-headlines knowledge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2016, 12:25 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,914,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
What??? What Aleppo is and why it's important is skim-the-headlines knowledge.
If you watch or read the interview, it's obvious Johnson knew what Aleppo is. He just had a momentary mental lapse. Once the host mentioned Syria, Johnson said, "Okay got it." And continued on to why our current policies in Syria are creating a mess.

Johnson is an eccentric goofy guy, who is far too honest. If Trump or Clinton get asked something they don't know, they go off topic or make some BS up.

Old 09-08-2016, 12:31 PM
JRR

8,187 posts, read 5,702,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
i never heard of it either, ive been watching political shows, listening to political discussion on talk radio, reading this board incessantly and haven't seen the word spoken or used.

now, im not running for office and he probably should have known, but really, is this that big of a deal?
Political shows, politics on talk radio and this board might be giving you a rather narrow view of what is going on in the world. And like it or not, what is happening in other parts of the world does affect the US.

Old 09-08-2016, 12:45 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,726,481 times
He needs 15% in about a week, I think? Big rally/Money Bomb in NYC this Sat. There are petitions to get him to debate stages, petition to get 60 minutes to feature him. The Debates Commission can lose non-profit status if they won't allow him & I wonder what else might happen. It's not over yet, & Gary & PACs for Gary still have many millions, so we're still at the anything can happen stage. Gary Johnson will be on the ballot in all 50 states & many argue that should qualify him. Don't know if anyone can sue someone to make something happen. Gary could still run ads & more if debates won't let him in. johnsonweld.com for latest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
I thought the ship had already sailed on being in the debates for him, no?

Old 09-08-2016, 12:48 PM

19,759 posts, read 12,319,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koale View Post
And Jill Stein got busted spray painting graffiti.... I'm not voting for any of them. How could the USA promote four losers as President of this county...it's beyond baffling.
Koale

Libertarian/green candidates- pot smoking and spray paint - sounds like my life in a small town as a teenager. Then we grew up. We also used to read Ayn Rand and believe all that or environmental hippie stuff but then we got into the complexities of real life and well, grew up.

Old 09-08-2016, 12:55 PM

12,772 posts, read 8,002,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Libertarian/green candidates- pot smoking and spray paint - sounds like my life in a small town as a teenager. Then we grew up. We also used to read Ayn Rand and believe all that or environmental hippie stuff but then we got into the complexities of real life and well, grew up.
Yup, Johnson "grew up" too, built his own company of 1,000 employees from the ground up, and was elected twice as the governor of New Mexico. Lets not belittle an entire political philosophy when its proven that the individual who subscribes to the policies, knows how to govern in a flexible and inclusive way has already proven to be very successful in business and politics.

Old 09-08-2016, 01:25 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,534,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
If you watch or read the interview, it's obvious Johnson knew what Aleppo is. He just had a momentary mental lapse. Once the host mentioned Syria, Johnson said, "Okay got it." And continued on to why our current policies in Syria are creating a mess.

Johnson is an eccentric goofy guy, who is far too honest. If Trump or Clinton get asked something they don't know, they go off topic or make some BS up.
Agree. But my comment stands. He needs a briefing just as much as Trump, Clinton to be on an equal playing field. If Trump wants to talk rigged, the system is a rigged two-party system.

Old 09-08-2016, 02:54 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,534,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
I didn't like what his follow-up with Joy Behar I saw today. He shouldn't have accepted her quip that he was disqualified base on this faux pas. Should have stood up for himself and went into policy. He did a better job on Neil Cavuto's show, but still seemed like "I think I just shot myself in the foot" - and this might be his Rick Perry's "uh-oh" moment.

The View ‏@TheView 5h5 hours ago
.@JoyVBehar to @GovGaryJohnson on #Aleppo: "I think it’s a disqualifying statement."
@GovGaryJohnson: "Fair enough."

Old 09-08-2016, 02:56 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,904,836 times
Quote:
Agree. But my comment stands. He needs a briefing just as much as Trump, Clinton to be on an equal playing field. If Trump wants to talk rigged, the system is a rigged two-party system.
100% agreed..
Trump gamed the GOP and won. The fact remains the 2 party system is rigged to prevent an outsider from having any real chance.
GOP and Democrats. 2 heads on the same beast.

Old 09-08-2016, 02:58 PM

12,772 posts, read 8,002,024 times
Quote:
I didn't like what his follow-up with Joy Behar I saw today. He shouldn't have accepted her quip that he was disqualified base on this faux pas. Should have stood up for himself and went into policy. He did a better job on Neil Cavuto's show, but still seemed like "I think I just shot myself in the foot" - and this might be his Rick Perry's "uh-oh" moment.

The View ‏@TheView 5h5 hours ago
.@JoyVBehar to @GovGaryJohnson on #Aleppo: "I think it’s a disqualifying statement."
@GovGaryJohnson: "Fair enough."
Yeah I still agree its not great at all, but to hear some saying its "disqualifying" is honestly astonishing to me when you look at the insane things Clinton and Trump have done/said at this point. And its not like he had no idea what Syria was all about, he just didn't recognize the smaller city name. A huge fumble, yes. Disqualifying, certainly not in this train wreck of an election cycle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections