Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Hillary release her medical records?
Yes 153 81.82%
No 34 18.18%
Voters: 187. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2016, 09:22 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,918,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by photobuff42 View Post
How many other people collapsed?
I don't know, do you?

Old 09-12-2016, 09:23 AM

12,391 posts, read 7,134,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
After a day or so of antibiotic treatment, people with bacterial pneumonia are no longer contagious. She was diagnosed and took ab's on Friday. Much ado about nothing.
A presidential candidate passing out, and being dragged limp into a van by three people is not "nothing".

Like it or not, Hillary's health just became the number one issue this election.

Old 09-12-2016, 09:24 AM

3,841 posts, read 1,992,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Perfectly healthy people get colds, have allergies, get the flu, and even pneumonia. A very healthy son of mine, during college, got pneumonia. The pneumonia floored him within a day.
Well it obviously did not floor her within a day since she has been coughing for months and was apparently diagnosed on Friday. So you believe she was perfectly healthy like they told you last week (when people were questioning her health) but coincidently got pneumonia on Friday to make her not so healthy? Oh boy.

Old 09-12-2016, 09:25 AM

8,069 posts, read 7,010,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
So she has some undisclosed fatal disease and chooses to run for POTUS?

What possible upside would there be to do this?
LOL

Fatal disease? you guys are comical. Source?

Old 09-12-2016, 09:26 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,741,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
There are many reasons to oppose Hillary. Her physical health is not one of them.

Her base will support her, not matter what no different than Trump's base who will continue to support him, no matter what.
Are you kidding? Concerns about a candidate's health is most certainly a reason to oppose them.

It's no different than a job candidate. You interview someone for a position who is qualified but is 100 pounds overweight and seems to be out of breath just walking from the lobby to the conference room for the interview.

You think that isn't going to be a concern? Of course it is.

Old 09-12-2016, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Actually, it depends where the sensor/station reporting was located.
If the forecast was mid-80s, what do you think a temperature sensor would read at a concrete plaza with thousands of people packed together under the beating sun?

Old 09-12-2016, 09:27 AM

8,431 posts, read 7,734,750 times
I had pneumonia several years ago. I was very sick and almost hospitalized. Yet, I was able to walk myself into the doctor's office without "wobbling" or assistance.

It took me six weeks to fully recover my strength and energy. The first two weeks I wasn't up to doing much more than sleeping.

After watching the video and reading the news reports, and putting aside the possiblity that there is more to the story than just a case of pneumonia, I am really wondering how Mrs. Clinton will be able to resume a full campaign schedule before the election. I am sure she will put in appearances, and possibly be up for the debates, but her energy level will definitely be lower and she will probably need to build in more time for rest in order to fully recover.

So, if nothing else, having a case of pneumonia that is serious enough to lead to collapsing will change the course of her campaign efforts.

What really amazes me, however, after seeing the video is that her handlers didn't take her to a hospital or call an ambulance. I mean think about it: a 68 year old woman with a history of brain injury/blood clots suddenly becomes disoriented and unable to stand or walk without assistance. Perhaps she had been diagnosed with pneumonia a few days earlier, but now her symptoms suggest a sudden increase in illness severity.

If this was anyone else, they'd be in an ambulance on their way to the emergency room to rule out a stroke, not driven to their daughter's apartment.

I tend to ignore all the conspiracy theorists, but it does seem really strange that she wasn't taken to the hospital right away where she could be properly diagnosed and a stroke or a new blood clot ruled out. Her personal doctor doesn't have a mobile CT scan in her car to rule out other illnesses. Seriously, if I called my personal doctor and said I couldn't walk or stand without assistance, she'd tell me to head to the emergency room, not her office.

I mean if Obama suddenly collapsed, would they just drive him over to his daughter's apartment? No, they'd rush him to Walter Reed where he could be fully evaluated and treated. Why didn't they take Mrs. Clinton to a hospital right away?

So, just my opinion, but something really doesn't add up here. The only explanation that seems plausible is that her handlers already KNEW the cause of her collapse, and had seen it happen before. So, they weren't worried about getting her to a hospital, because they knew that she could be treated at Chelsea's apartment.

But, putting aside all of that, and just taking the "just pneumonia" story at face value, Mrs. Clinton is not going to be fully up to speed again for at least a couple of weeks, and possibly longer. Her symptoms yesterday suggest this was not a mild case of pneumonia, and she will require rest and a reduced schedule in order to fully recover.

Last edited by RosieSD; 09-12-2016 at 09:51 AM..

Old 09-12-2016, 09:28 AM

41,109 posts, read 25,848,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Misanthrope83, you should know by now that the "pneumonia story" was just another lie. She's probably dying from something that is not contageous.
That may be true or not true. The elderly typically have underlying health issues which leaves them susceptible to pneumonia.

Singer James Brown died of congestive heart failure, a day after being admitted to a Georgia hospital with pneumonia. James Brown's cause of death was officially listed as congestive heart failure, but his pneumonia had likelyweakened his immune system and either aggravated an underlying condition or caused his heart to fail on its own. Gerald Ford died the day after; he had battled pneumonia earlier this year, and his health then rapidly declined. What makes pneumonia so dangerous for old people?

It makes them more vulnerable to other problems. Because of its ability to spread to other parts of the body (as opposed to a stroke or heart attack), pneumonia can be lethal. If you already have other issues than you are suseptible due to lowered immunity. Coughs and breathlessness is are not trivial.

Old 09-12-2016, 09:30 AM

3,841 posts, read 1,992,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
If the forecast was mid-80s, what do you think a temperature sensor would read at a concrete plaza with thousands of people packed together under the beating sun?
Cloud cover was actually pretty heavy at 9:30 a.m. Notice how HRC was like the only person wearing sunglasses. Keep trying to spin the weather. You obviously were not here.

Old 09-12-2016, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
The HIGH was 83 at like 3 in the afternoon. It was 77 degrees at 9:30 a.m. when the incident happened. You are actually trying to spin something here.
The temp was about 80 at that time. https://www.timeanddate.com/weather/...-york/historic

Add to that the crowd of people on concrete and it can become hot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections