Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Hillary release her medical records?
Yes 153 81.82%
No 34 18.18%
Voters: 187. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2016, 10:50 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,901,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
In other news, the Hillary campaign announced its newest endorsement.
That's Funny! However its warped, but that's OK

Old 09-12-2016, 10:50 AM

26,062 posts, read 22,263,896 times
Good article "Why did Hillary Clinton Lie About Health?" (Well, she lies about everything, duh!)

Why did Hillary Clinton lie about her health?

Someone who is already suspected of lying about their health and is then caught in a lie. Not good.

Lies, lies and more lies.

Old 09-12-2016, 10:51 AM

8,410 posts, read 7,695,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
I really dislike Hillary but I voted NO because we have a HIPPA "law of the land" that grants us some privacy rights.

For me to condone her being OUTSIDE the protection of our laws would mean that I had sunk to her level of being ABOVE the laws so I had to vote NO.
Good point. I hadn't thought about HIPPA law in terms of presidential candidates disclosing their health issues, but it is a valid point. Thanks for adding that to the discussion.

Old 09-12-2016, 10:52 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,084,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
I had bacterial pneumonia. I was told to avoid being around children, including my own children, for at least 10 days after starting antibiotics. Of course I had a different doctor than Mrs. Clinton.

But, if the antibiotics kick in after 24 hours and you're no longer contagious, doesn't that also mean that at 48 hours you should be starting to feel a little better, and not fainting or unable to walk?
But SHE had the super presidential antibiotics from the Clinton Pharmacy that kill anything within 8 hours, didn't you know?

Either they are lying about her medical issue(s) or it's the truth and she couldn't give to shoots about anyone but herself, including innocent kids that happen to cross her wake.

Dealers choice, neither are good.

Old 09-12-2016, 10:52 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,901,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
The question was "Should HILLARY release them?" not "Should her medical records be forcibly revealed r leaked"
Even though I am certainly not for Ms. Clinton. I think everyone is entitled to their own privacy.

Old 09-12-2016, 10:53 AM

12,772 posts, read 8,004,453 times
Quote:
Good point. I hadn't thought about HIPPA law in terms of presidential candidates disclosing their health issues, but it is a valid point. Thanks for adding that to the discussion.
Its an invalid point. The question is asking if Hillary should release the records voluntarily.

Old 09-12-2016, 10:55 AM

9,884 posts, read 11,013,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
Everyone is unique in their individual health concerns. Now what does that have to do with your situation in relation to a choice of her or Trump as to whom you voting for?

Please explain?
What is there to explain? I made up my mind long ago that I would never vote for hillary. The recent "medical episode" is merely reinforcement of that decision, it had/has nothing to do with the decision itself. As stated, that decision was made long ago, actually long before the DNC nominated her.
The decision to NOT vote for trump was made more recently, and that, too, has nothing to do with age or health or income tax records.
I think comparing my health at nearly 75, with no collapses, to her health at 68, with frequent collapses and falls is a reasonable comparison. It points out that her age is NOT the reason for her problems; that is obvious because many of us are considerably older, with problems of our own, but we don't collapse on a 75 degree day!
The old broad is not well. That much is obvious. What the problem is, is not obvious. I don't for a minute believe the pneumonia story. Just more obfuscation!

Old 09-12-2016, 10:58 AM

1,744 posts, read 964,826 times
Quote:
I had pneumonia several years ago. I was very sick and almost hospitalized. Yet, I was able to walk myself into the doctor's office without "wobbling" or assistance.

It took me six weeks to fully recover my strength and energy. The first two weeks I wasn't up to doing much more than sleeping.

After watching the video and reading the news reports, and putting aside the possiblity that there is more to the story than just a case of pneumonia, I am really wondering how Mrs. Clinton will be able to resume a full campaign schedule before the election. I am sure she will put in appearances, and possibly be up for the debates, but her energy level will definitely be lower and she will probably need to build in more time for rest in order to fully recover.

So, if nothing else, having a case of pneumonia that is serious enough to lead to collapsing will change the course of her campaign efforts.

What really amazes me, however, after seeing the video is that her handlers didn't take her to a hospital or call an ambulance. I mean think about it: a 68 year old woman with a history of brain injury/blood clots suddenly becomes disoriented and unable to stand or walk without assistance. Perhaps she had been diagnosed with pneumonia a few days earlier, but now her symptoms suggest a sudden increase in illness severity.

If this was anyone else, they'd be in an ambulance on their way to the emergency room to rule out a stroke, not driven to their daughter's apartment.

I tend to ignore all the conspiracy theorists, but it does seem really strange that she wasn't taken to the hospital right away where she could be properly diagnosed and a stroke or a new blood clot ruled out. Her personal doctor doesn't have a mobile CT scan in her car to rule out other illnesses. Seriously, if I called my personal doctor and said I couldn't walk or stand without assistance, she'd tell me to head to the emergency room, not her office.

I mean if Obama suddenly collapsed, would they just drive him over to his daughter's apartment? No, they'd rush him to Walter Reed where he could be fully evaluated and treated. Why didn't they take Mrs. Clinton to a hospital right away?

So, just my opinion, but something really doesn't add up here. The only explanation that seems plausible is that her handlers already KNEW the cause of her collapse, and had seen it happen before. So, they weren't worried about getting her to a hospital, because they knew that she could be treated at Chelsea's apartment.

But, putting aside all of that, and just taking the "just pneumonia" story at face value, Mrs. Clinton is not going to be fully up to speed again for at least a couple of weeks, and possibly longer. Her symptoms yesterday suggest this was not a mild case of pneumonia, and she will require rest and a reduced schedule in order to fully recover.
That is probably the most intelligent, well thought out and well balanced comment, I've seen on this thread. I'm no Hillary supporter, and I've been skeptical of some of the conspiracy theories regarding her health, but something is not right with her, and the "pneumonia" story doesn't quite make sense. Even though I'd never vote for her, I hope she has a full recovery. The election should be about issues, character, and honesty, and I'd hate to think that it would turn on the health of either candidate.

Old 09-12-2016, 10:59 AM

1,021 posts, read 1,670,125 times
Bill isn't looking too healthy either lately. Maybe they both have heat exhaustion or pneumonia. Maybe she caught heat exhaustion from Bill.

Old 09-12-2016, 11:12 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,699,259 times
Quote:
Actually, she would have looked a lot better sitting out the 9/11 service. She didn't have to say she had pneumonia. She could have just said she had a cold or bronchitis and was going to spend the day resting before her trip to California. I don't think anyone would have really noticed that.

But boy-oh-boy do people notice a presidential candidate collapsing and being lifted into a van.

Yes, they do.

I hope she isn't coming to LA again. Twice now myself(and many others) have recently had to alter their day due to her shutting down roads and making traffic worse(something we don't need).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections