Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2016, 12:04 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,273,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post

then Hillary should be up in Florida by double digits but she is losing.......Hillary is that bad of a candidate....she has close to 1 billion in donations and she can't take off? ouch!

Hillary's problems is not a lack of donations, its the candidate!

Old 09-20-2016, 12:07 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,455,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Big list of globalists who are a big part of the corrupt government we have. We know they were Rino's.. Republican in name only. It took Trump to weed them out for all to see ..
Trump was right. He could shoot someone on 5th Avenue in broad daylight and his supporters would still continue to drink the kool aid. What a shame!

Old 09-20-2016, 12:07 PM

50,378 posts, read 63,993,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Hillary is the establishment candidate. These republicans, and just as many dems are on the same team. The same team the Bushes and Obama and the Clintons and Cheney are on.
Rush said something like this on the radio yesterday. It made a lot of sense when I heard it. It explains why Hiilary cannot get traction, and why Trump is.
He said that Hillary's time has passed. She is stuck in the politics of 15-20 years ago. Voters are tired of the same old thing, and are willing to take a chance on Trump, because he represents a new fresh approach to modern problems.

Old 09-20-2016, 12:13 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
then Hillary should be up in Florida by double digits but she is losing.......Hillary is that bad of a candidate....she has close to 1 billion in donations and she can't take off? ouch!

Hillary's problems is not a lack of donations, its the candidate!
Indeed.

And she is spending 37X what Trump is spending on advertising, and she is still dropping in the polls.

Old 09-20-2016, 01:02 PM

8,312 posts, read 3,929,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Rush said something like this on the radio yesterday. It made a lot of sense when I heard it. It explains why Hiilary cannot get traction, and why Trump is. He said that Hillary's time has passed. She is stuck in the politics of 15-20 years ago. Voters are tired of the same old thing, and are willing to take a chance on Trump, because he represents a new fresh approach to modern problems.
That is Rush's genius; he is able to take something that is true and factual and then spin it to create something utterly fantastic, to lead listeners to false conclusions and whip up support for radical ideas.

In this case, he starts with something that on the surface, appears to be true: Clinton is an old school political candidate. Then he jumps to two fallacious conclusions; first, he exaggerates, and tries to make us believe that a traditional candidate is a horrific thing that will lead to pain, suffering and destruction of the nation; and secondly, that a good alternative to such destruction is to support a used car salesman huckster like Trump with the nuclear arsenal; "let's just take a chance".

Never underestimate the power of propaganda.

Old 09-20-2016, 01:07 PM

50,378 posts, read 63,993,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
That is Rush's genius; he is able to take something that is true and factual and then spin it to create something utterly fantastic, to lead listeners to false conclusions and whip up support for radical ideas.

In this case, he starts with something that on the surface, appears to be true: Clinton is an old school political candidate. Then he jumps to two fallacious conclusions; first, he exaggerates, and tries to make us believe that a traditional candidate is a horrific thing that will lead to pain, suffering and destruction of the nation; and secondly, that a good alternative to such destruction is to support a used car salesman huckster like Trump with the nuclear arsenal; "let's just take a chance".

Take or leave it. I dont care.

Old 09-20-2016, 01:10 PM

1,761 posts, read 1,714,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Indeed.

And she is spending 37X what Trump is spending on advertising, and she is still dropping in the polls.
I'm not sure of the exact number, but I know she is outspending Trump on her campaign by a HUGE margin....and yet it's neck and neck.

That has to say something about her appeal to all voters, even many voters in her party aren't very excited about her.

It actually makes me happy to hear that spending all that money isn't really helping her much. I guess in this case, money is like lipstick. Doesn't appear they have applied enough lipstick yet, or perhaps there isn't enough available to "solve" this problem....figuratively speaking of course.

Old 09-20-2016, 01:17 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,910,552 times
Quote:
You think the "500+ paid Hillary internet trolls" forced these Republicans to commit to Clinton? Not quite following your logic here.
The republican big wigs who turned against Big Don did it for self preservation, they would rather see crooked hillary elected than to have an outsider come in and derail their gravy train. They all have been robbing the public for so long they don't want to upset the apple cart by allowing an outsider to come in and kick out the corrupt politicians, and yes, Make America Great Again....
I am a long time republican, and after seeing how HW bush and Jeb Bush have openly gone to clinton, I am no longer a Bush fan, and no longer a republican.
If the top echelon of the republican party is the cause of Trump not winning the election, I will be casting my last ballot in November. They won't miss my one vote, and I won't miss their corruption. It is obvious the powers that be in both parties are only looking out for themselves and care not about the regular Americans.
Why do you suppose so many politicians continue to run and hold office into their 80's and 90's, it isn't because they care so much about America, it's because the easy life is too good to give up until they carry them out in a pine box..
Basically, we're all SCREWED....!!

Old 09-20-2016, 01:23 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
Trump was right. He could shoot someone on 5th Avenue in broad daylight and his supporters would still continue to drink the kool aid. What a shame!
Here's the full quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMmiLWDpCno

He was quoting something others said.

Would you still vote for Hillary if she said she could shoot someone on 5th Avenue in broad daylight and get away with it? I'm guessing that you would.

Old 09-20-2016, 01:48 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,910,552 times
Quote:

Seeing your posts I can only conclude that the gears have long ago jammed up and nothing rational is coming out..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections