Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who won the 2nd debate
Trump 197 51.98%
Tie 30 7.92%
Clinton 152 40.11%
Voters: 379. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2016, 10:01 PM

1,009 posts, read 709,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittgenstein's Ghost View Post
What questions do people here actually think Trump was right about? He was totally wrong about the pre-existing condition question -- removing state boundaries has nothing to do with pre-existing conditions. He was wrong about climate change. He didn't even answer most questions.

I honestly don't see how someone could have watched that debate and thought Trump won. The vast majority of his answers were irrelevant attacks on Clinton that had nothing to do with the actual question.
Hillary started the debate by attacking him she has no plans so she attacks .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2016, 10:02 PM

3,332 posts, read 1,964,561 times
Wow Bill looks old and silly trying to put on the evil eye. LOL what a dork.

Old 10-09-2016, 10:03 PM

32,069 posts, read 15,072,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagrape Grove View Post
Wow. What a comeback. Trump got in some good punches tonight.
Do you care more about good punches instead of what he would do for us. Good grief...get your priorities straight

1,360 posts, read 1,391,993 times
Quote:
Since when was Bill Clinton running for office this cycle?
Point being, we've been there done that as a country. It's ok to be a womanizer, talk about it, smoke dope(err inhale), do coke(Obama had written in his first book, "Dreams From My Father" (1995), before entering politics, that he had used marijuana and cocaine ("maybe a little blow)
So who cares if Donald said he wanted to grab some a#%. Those other clowns have done far worse in actually going for it.

5,940 posts, read 3,574,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
I see they're going to run with the dictator hysteria with Trump's "You'd be in jail" remark. It's like they're robots just learning English who have absolutely no understanding of nuance, context, tone, humor, etc. Trump was trying to drive home the message that Hillary is guilty and would be found guilty. Do people who throw out the dictator accusation even know what happens in such countries? There are no rules, no non-partisan agencies, no lawyers, no rights--you're snatched in the middle of the night and that's the end of you. Obviously the audience knew it was said in a joking manner because they laughed. Can people no longer recognize a verbal barb to remind the audience of your opponent's weakness? Apparently not!

You got to love how CNN changed up what he said at the end of the Debate. They said he said that he was going to put her in Jail. That's not what he said. What he said was that she would "Be" in Jail if he was in charge, and if she was not given a pass because she is a Clinton, she would be in Jail, or in Court at the least, on her way. That's the "Media" for you. Anderson did not have much to say after Trump called him out on the e-mails. Smart man. AT one time, I thought the other Moderator was going to jump in for Hillary and take over. She lost her cool for a few seconds.

As to who won, we all have our own opinions, but you can bet Hillary and her Camp are not going to sleep well tonight, and will be circling their wagons in the morning for Damage Control. There is still another Debate, and this talking point has no steam left, so they need a new "Trump Straw." In the mean time, WikiLeaks has more to come, and the blaming it on the Russians Balloon has been deflated, and won't float.

8,016 posts, read 5,862,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
to add to that, women are just as bad as far as dirty locker room talk. As I said earlier, had he make that talk in front of a JR High class, no one would have noticed. Have you watched TV lately? Far worse..
So true.

I owned a bar at one point, and employed a dozen females at any given time. When they were sitting around after work, having a shift drink, I heard some amazingly dirty things. I never was offended by it, because it was just words.

There's nothing wrong with words. But there is something wrong with a president who penetrates a 22 year-old intern with a cigar when he was 52 years old.

Stay classy, Bubba Clinton!

Old 10-09-2016, 10:04 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,950,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
And I really can't understand anyone who is still undecided. But no matter, Hillary is going to win.
Great point. I think the undecideds are either liars or too stupid to vote to begin with. There is no way anyone can really be trying to decide between these two.

If they are undecided, they are trying to decide whether to vote 3rd party or not at all.

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Trump was bullying and played his base rather than expand it.
Had to do that.

Given what people are learning about him, it is unlikely he will be bringing new folks into the fold, and he had to hold on to the faithful.

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Trump gave a spirited performance but he lost the election. His statement on the videotape was awful: "I deeply respect women by grabbing their genitals -- but ISIS is worse and I'm going to defeat them! -- yeah I'm sorry about the grabbing thing." There was no sincerity in his answer. He later threatened Hillary with jail. Trump is already way behind in polling with female voters and these two things are not going to win over any new women over to his side.
I know right, he's dead in the water. It won't be a 1988 landslide but more along the lines of 2008 IMHO.

Old 10-09-2016, 10:05 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,447,597 times
(CNN)Donald Trump exceeded expectations, but Hillary Clinton won the second presidential debate, according to a CNN / ORC poll of debate watchers. The results showed a clear victory for Clinton, with 57% saying Clinton won, as opposed to 34% for Trump.

Clinton wins debate, but Trump exceeds expectations - CNNPolitics.com

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections