Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2016, 08:15 AM

4,876 posts, read 4,207,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
What's your point? If we had the Internet back then we probably would not have elected Kennedy either, if was shown that he had strong ties to the Mob. You can't get by with that these days, fortunately.
My point is that there are skeletons in everyone's closet. The OP seems to only be worried about the skeleton in one persons closet and that skeleton should make him ineligible for office. I'm sure you all can come up with lots of things to add to your list of reasons NOT to vote for Trump. This one seems kind dumb.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2016, 08:19 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,098,861 times
Quote:
Bringing this stuff up this is really annoying, isn't it?
Making duplicate threads is against the TOS.

Who cares when it happens a few times, but you dems are posting duplicate threads with almost every anti-Trump thread you post.

There's been probably 100 threads on Trump's taxes, and you dems just keep violating the TOS and posting more.

Look, I understand that Hillary is being eating alive by the daily leaks revealing the depth of her collusion with the press, and her corruption, but posting the same old non-issue stories over, and over again isn't going to help Hillary.

Old 10-13-2016, 08:21 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,929,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashtag Trump View Post
This thread is testimony to how sad our politics are today. Hopefully we can get to issues and viewpoints someday.
I agree. This topic is perfectly relevant, because Trump's viewpoints are based in large part by his association with scumbag Roy Cohn. You can see it in the way he treats those that disagree with him; you can see it in his intolerance of anyone that stands in his way; you see it in his insistence to exact vengeance on all those that cross him. Trump's deeply crazed narcissistic persona has created a world view so deviant from the average American that is is truly hard to grasp.

Old 10-13-2016, 08:23 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post

Who cares when it happens a few times, but you dems are posting duplicate threads with almost every anti-Trump thread you post.

There's been probably 100 threads on Trump's taxes, and you dems just keep violating the TOS and posting more.

Look, I understand that Hillary is being eating alive by the daily leaks revealing the depth of her collusion with the press, and her corruption, but posting the same old non-issue stories over, and over again isn't going to help Hillary.
Where are the links to this duplicate?

Old 10-13-2016, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post

The TOS? Are you freaking kidding me? That's the BEST response you have to this post? I sense that you are afraid to get into this topic because you know very well that Trump IS a Mob connected scumbag and that you would prefer that we only talk about Hillary Clinton. That's not the way the world works, my friend. If you have some defense for Trump and his Mob connections - make them.

Old 10-13-2016, 08:29 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Oh, please!

Old 10-13-2016, 08:31 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
You ought to be concerned about Hillary's connections to the Muslim Brotherhood!

Old 10-13-2016, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
You ought to be concerned about Hillary's connections to the Muslim Brotherhood!
Start a thread about it - we can discuss it there. This thread is about Trump's Mob connections. Do you have an opinion?

Old 10-13-2016, 08:38 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I remember when Roy Cohn died--I lived in NYC.

He was so detested for his scumbag activities, that not only did people not care--they thought it was deserved karma.
Quote:
I never heard of him before Donald Trump decided to run for President. But everything I have found scares the crap out of me. That guy was truly evil. More than anything else that I have learned about Trump, the fact that he admired Cohn so much is the most disturbing, and reveals the most about Trump's character.
For a time, I was fascinated by the McCarthy witch hunts and Roy Cohn's part in it. Their reckless, ugly attacks created a climate of fear and repression. People ratted others out. Careers and lives were ruined.

McCarthyism has come to mean the practice of making accusations of subversion or treason without proper regard for evidence.

Edward R. Murrow's call for citizens to speak out, always make me catch my breath.

"We can deny our heritage and our history, but we cannot escape responsibility for the result. There is no way for a citizen of a republic to abdicate his responsibilities. As a nation we have come into our full inheritance at a tender age. We proclaim ourselves, as indeed we are, the defenders of freedom, wherever it continues to exist in the world, but we cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Roy Cohn was a despicable man who was disbarred from the practice of law in New York State. "In a unanimous decision, a five-judge panel of the Appellate Division of State Supreme Court said his conduct in four legal matters was "unethical," "unprofessional" and, in one case, "particularly reprehensible."

https://partners.nytimes.com/library...6sci-aids.html

One of Cohn's friends was William Safire, who wrote "Blizzard of Lies" about Hillary Clinton. None of his allegations were ever proven to be true, yet RW folks quote phrases from this piece to this day.

Old 10-13-2016, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
For a time, I was fascinated by the McCarthy witch hunts and Roy Cohn's part in it. Their reckless, ugly attacks created a climate of fear and repression. People ratted others out. Careers and lives were ruined.

McCarthyism has come to mean the practice of making accusations of subversion or treason without proper regard for evidence.

Edward R. Murrow's call for citizens to speak out, always make me catch my breath.

"We can deny our heritage and our history, but we cannot escape responsibility for the result. There is no way for a citizen of a republic to abdicate his responsibilities. As a nation we have come into our full inheritance at a tender age. We proclaim ourselves, as indeed we are, the defenders of freedom, wherever it continues to exist in the world, but we cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Roy Cohn was a despicable man who was disbarred from the practice of law in New York State. "In a unanimous decision, a five-judge panel of the Appellate Division of State Supreme Court said his conduct in four legal matters was "unethical," "unprofessional" and, in one case, "particularly reprehensible."

https://partners.nytimes.com/library...6sci-aids.html

One of Cohn's friends was William Safire, who wrote "Blizzard of Lies" about Hillary Clinton. None of his allegations were ever proven to be true, yet RW folks quote phrases from this piece to this day.

Good info. Unfortunately not enough hours in the day to do all the reading I would like, McCarthy era history seems like required reading in this election cycle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections