Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2016, 08:34 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,256,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Really?
Really.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2016, 08:36 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,842,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Really.
Any examples of such laws regarding medical procedures (not payment of such but actual medical procedure)?

Old 10-23-2016, 09:17 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,256,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Any examples of such laws regarding medical procedures (not payment of such but actual medical procedure)?
How many states will allow a doctor proscribe you marijuana for your inability to eat while undergoing certain procedures?

Old 10-23-2016, 09:26 AM

42,860 posts, read 26,322,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Maybe people are confused because you're wrong. The whole point of having the life/health of the mother as exceptions to bans on post-viability abortion is to allow killing the viable fetus. Finding a doctor is a separate issue.
Do states allow it, or just not prohibit abortion after a particular gestational age? I believe it's the latter. The fact remains that no doctor would knowingly abort a viable fetus. There is no law against me intentionally sticking my foot out when my husband walks by, but if I do so and he trips on it, falls and dies then I committed a crime, see the difference?

Old 10-23-2016, 09:29 AM

42,860 posts, read 26,322,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
To me it's MURDER (as we're both on the same page) and even if the majority of the states don't perform that late term abortion, Hillary is all for it who is running for POTUS and THAT MATTERS imho - just look on how she "dismisses" the multitude of the dead she's responsible for as this would continue and imo accelerate if she (heaven forbid) becomes the next POTUS.

It's either LIFE as in being alive OR DEATH by MURDER via human decision to end life or by GOD'S decision that life is over.
No one is going to make you, or anyone in your family get an abortion. The religious definition of when life begins varies. Christians should stick to setting rules for themselves not for everyone else.

Old 10-23-2016, 09:31 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,778,111 times
The poorly educated and downright ignorant believe Trump when he says women are going to get abortions the day before the baby is due and that doctors will preform it.

Old 10-23-2016, 11:07 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,401,390 times
It's amazing how so many "small government conservatives" believe the federal government (or state governments) should be micro-managing people's personal medical decisions. I guess they believe the government knows better than doctors about their patients' health.

Old 10-23-2016, 11:11 AM

18,405 posts, read 19,042,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
To me it's MURDER (as we're both on the same page) and even if the majority of the states don't perform that late term abortion, Hillary is all for it who is running for POTUS and THAT MATTERS imho - just look on how she "dismisses" the multitude of the dead she's responsible for as this would continue and imo accelerate if she (heaven forbid) becomes the next POTUS.

It's either LIFE as in being alive OR DEATH by MURDER via human decision to end life or by GOD'S decision that life is over.
if you think it's murder don't get an abortion. as for other women we get to lead our life according to our own values not yours. btw not everyone believes in god so that argument falls flat.

Old 10-23-2016, 11:12 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,202,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
It's amazing how so many "small government conservatives" believe the federal government (or state governments) should be micro-managing people's personal medical decisions. I guess they believe the government knows better than doctors about their patients' health.
Correct imo, no matter what the laws on abortion everyone has their choice on what's correct even though I may have a different take on some of their choice(s).

But what you said is mostly on BIG government not small government imo

Old 10-23-2016, 12:14 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,842,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
How many states will allow a doctor proscribe you marijuana for your inability to eat while undergoing certain procedures?
Show me the statute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections