Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What issue is the deciding factor for your in this election?
Foreign policy 7 8.75%
Economy/jobs 12 15.00%
Abortion 5 6.25%
LGBT rights 0 0%
Race relations 0 0%
Immigration 19 23.75%
Obamacare 0 0%
College/education 1 1.25%
Personal qualities 13 16.25%
Other (please specify) 23 28.75%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2016, 07:54 AM

1,640 posts, read 795,191 times

Advertisements

The inexperience argument reminds me of that movie Idiocracy. I want a president with no experience or understanding of how legislation works, of diplomacy, international social customs, national/state/local governments, the issues of military, education, government programs, demographics, etc. Dammit! That will make America great.

I don't want experienced surgeons, mechanics, scientists, farmers, programmers, teachers, tradesmen, etc! Who would want that? Given that the 6 2016 American Nobel Laureates were all immigrants and that our front runner is the most inexperienced ignoramus to grace electoral politics, I think we're well on our way. Well done!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2016, 07:57 AM

62,970 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Illegal immigration and also because it affects so many other issues we are facing today such as jobs, crime, taxes, resources, national security, etc.

Old 10-21-2016, 07:57 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,230,000 times
Taxes are the number 1 issue for us. If Trump becomes president, we will be able to keep more of our own money.

Old 10-21-2016, 08:03 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
Other: spread chaos to weaken the system.
That sounds like something an agent of Russia would say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vernikova View Post
The Supreme Court is my concern.
That's my deciding factor, too, although not the only issue I care about.

Old 10-21-2016, 08:45 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,273,201 times
Deciding factor is corruption in government and NO more wars.......How people can vote for Hillary Clinton is beyond me......especially after bashing W Bush for 8 years.......Hillary is the most war hawk Democrat since LBJ and now she wants war with Russia......INSANE!

Old 10-21-2016, 08:55 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Okay, fine. But next time, could you at least find one who is sane and competent?

LOL

If I'm still around.

Old 10-21-2016, 09:12 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,815,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I checked "other" because I cannot pick just one issue. I didn't see "Supreme Court" but that's probably my main concern. It bothers me when any candidate talks about appointing a Supreme Court justice who will do this or that. They are all supposed to make decisions based on a fair interpretation of the Constitution, not personal political leanings. However, we all know that's rubbish.
I should have made the Supreme Court an option instead of Abortion and LGBT rights as people concerned with those issues are mostly concerned about the Supreme Court. It also covers people who are concerned about the Second Amendment.

Old 10-21-2016, 09:32 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
My deciding issue?
I can't vote for Clinton. I refuse to reward someone who as a public servant violated the trust of a nation and who is so arrogant that she believes the rules are for everyone else.
I can't vote for Trump. If for no other reason, because he can't stay off the damned Twitter.
I don't care for Johnson or Stein. That leaves write in vote only.

Old 10-21-2016, 09:38 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,167,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Illegal immigration and also because it affects so many other issues we are facing today such as jobs, crime, taxes, resources, national security, etc.
Illegal immigration as a national problem is overrated. It peaked in the late 1990's and has been slowly declining ever since. Crime statistics show that US-born natural citizens commit crimes at a higher rate than illegals do. And if you want to stop illegals from taking "our" jobs, then amnesty is the best way to do that, because that stops employers from cheating on wages and everyone competes for jobs at minimum wage or higher.

Old 10-21-2016, 09:47 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Illegal immigration as a national problem is overrated. It peaked in the late 1990's and has been slowly declining ever since. Crime statistics show that US-born natural citizens commit crimes at a higher rate than illegals do. And if you want to stop illegals from taking "our" jobs, then amnesty is the best way to do that, because that stops employers from cheating on wages and everyone competes for jobs at minimum wage or higher.

No if you want to stop illegals from taking jobs and breaking our laws you do not reward them. That is complete nonsense. You pass laws with teeth and you make E-Verify mandatory so that you can actually hold employers accountable. You make life here impossible for illegals and you treat them like criminals because that is exactly what they are.
We tried amnesty and it doesn't work. If anything it made things worse and encouraged millions to violate our immigration laws.
Rewarding unwanted behavior is no deterrent.
Out of curiosity. What do you tell all those who entered legally or who are still waiting their turn? Suckers, you should have broken our laws?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections