Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2018, 06:06 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,315,673 times

Advertisements

I think Mr. Wang should consider a different career.

Old 02-05-2018, 07:30 AM

5,129 posts, read 2,598,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
LOL, the same Trumpsters who trash the polls are now touting his rising poll numbers!

Conservatives hated the polls before they loved them...

polls?!

Old 02-05-2018, 08:38 AM

3,830 posts, read 1,384,422 times
"Highly respected statistician Sam Wang at Princeton University...."

so, how's it going for this guy - did his bribe money run out and he sleeping under some bridge in LA ??

Old 02-05-2018, 09:02 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,357,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
It wasn't the Comey letter that cost her the election; she cost herself the election on September 9th. Keep in mind that public opinion does not move that quick. On SEP 9th she gave a speech in NYC, I quote from http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...-deplorables/:

"Speaking at the LGBT for Hillary Gala in New York City on Sept. 9, 2016, Clinton said that Trump’s supporters were "racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic."" In that same paragraph you can see that "Trump said the remarks showed "her true contempt for everyday Americans."". But he did not have to say that; we already knew that.

Your side will never learn; you catch more flies with honey. Once you insult half the voters they will never, in their right mind, vote for you! As smart as Hillary likes to think of herself; she was stupid!
Her lead continued to grow through October and the three debates. Drops in late October with the Comey letter.

Old 02-05-2018, 10:53 AM

31,074 posts, read 22,094,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Her lead continued to grow through October and the three debates. Drops in late October with the Comey letter.
Hillary and her supporters really need to make up their minds. Was it Commie, the Russians, Whitelash? Maybe she was just a bad choice with her support of her woman assaulting husband

Old 02-05-2018, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Hillary and her supporters really need to make up their minds. Was it Commie, the Russians, Whitelash? Maybe she was just a bad choice with her support of her woman assaulting husband
Stop. All of the above of course. Comey was the proximate and immediate cause but the others all contributed.

Old 02-05-2018, 11:30 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,150,486 times
Quote:
My feeling is that it was not the Comey letter per se. It was everything about this woman from the falls, name calling, questionable deals, you name it. Voters felt uneasy about her when they went to the polls. Of course there was a chance some votes changed because of the Comey letter - but the damage had already been done by the candidate herself. She simply needed a scape goat since she has never taken responsibility for any of her or her husband's actions. To this day she still thinks of herself as a feminist crusader and the facts do not bear that out!

You have never learned how to move on. You have to do that if your side ever wants to win again. Throw out your lost causes and embrace areas where you can make a difference. You have a long road ahead of you and you don't have a lot of respect right now.

Old 02-05-2018, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
My feeling is that it was not the Comey letter per se. It was everything about this woman from the falls, name calling, questionable deals, you name it. Voters felt uneasy about her when they went to the polls. Of course there was a chance some votes changed because of the Comey letter - but the damage had already been done by the candidate herself. She simply needed a scape goat since she has never taken responsibility for any of her or her husband's actions. To this day she still thinks of herself as a feminist crusader and the facts do not bear that out!

You have never learned how to move on. You have to do that if your side ever wants to win again. Throw out your lost causes and embrace areas where you can make a difference. You have a long road ahead of you and you don't have a lot of respect right now.
Post is more nonsense. I am not and never was a Hillary Clinton fan. She was a lesser of evils choice to me.

And all I seek is a little truth...which right wingers cannot stand. The facts of the matter are that Clinton lost. Trump won. Trump is a minority President with no mandate. Clinton's loss was due to very small populations in a few states which very likely were the result of the Comey letter and its fallout.

That of course is what leads to a weak President with little ability to lead the nation and very likely to get beaten up badly in the midterms. Then we will see if we can get the country back to some reasonable state in 2020.

Old 02-05-2018, 02:03 PM

18,024 posts, read 27,472,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
LOL, the same Trumpsters who trash the polls are now touting his rising poll numbers!

Conservatives hated the polls before they loved them...
Yeah, and when his poll numbers go up, y'all shut up about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Apparently they know to add 10+ points to any poll. Anyway, Trumpsters can easily take the high road against the Rapist Clinton and the Nation destroying Obama. Ever notice what ever Leftist accuse Trump of "anything" they have done the same thing but much worse.
Yes, it has a name, and it's right on page 1 of the dnc handbook... Projection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teak View Post
Oh how I love these posts!!

And in other news, there is a House Intelligence Committee memo that proves Russian collusion in the 2016 election; collusion with the Democrats. Awkward ....
Oh, but they have a play for that. Deny. Dud! It's a dud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Wang seems to have:

1. Underestimated the number of fed up people
2. Overestimated the number of people who liked Hillary Clinton
3. Underestimated the corruption in the democratic party
4. Overestimated Hillary Clinton's intelligence
5. Undercounted Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin and Ohio
6. Overestimated the importance of the popular vote

In short, Mr. Wang needs to find a new job --- like, bagging groceries.
Number 6 times 500,000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark59 View Post
These BS polls did this because they knew the fix was in and Clinton and Obama committed illegals acts in an attempt to steal our election.

Now we all know why Hillary never traveled to campaigns and has a super party planned. They all thought they could cheat and she would win.
So they who knew or suspected are complicit imo.

Quote:
The basic polls were basically on. The errors were well inside the error band. And Clinton of course won the popular vote by a wide margin.
So what does that get ya these days?

Quote:
Remember she lost by an eyelash or less.
Oh I hear ya. What'd Trump beat Clinton by? 304 -223? Yeah, I blinked and missed it.had to go to bed, wake up and watch the election over again the next day.

And the next day.

And the next day.

And the next day.

And the next day.

And another thing you say we must agree upon. Trump and Comey are tight. Get a room for God's sake.

Last edited by McGowdog; 02-05-2018 at 02:41 PM..

Old 02-05-2018, 02:08 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,150,486 times
Quote:
Post is more nonsense. I am not and never was a Hillary Clinton fan. She was a lesser of evils choice to me.

And all I seek is a little truth...which right wingers cannot stand. The facts of the matter are that Clinton lost. Trump won. Trump is a minority President with no mandate. Clinton's loss was due to very small populations in a few states which very likely were the result of the Comey letter and its fallout.

That of course is what leads to a weak President with little ability to lead the nation and very likely to get beaten up badly in the midterms. Then we will see if we can get the country back to some reasonable state in 2020.
Many on your side never saw Trump coming. He was inconsequential; just a fly in the ointment. You never thought that Democrats would switch over and vote for him. You never thought that the minorities would give him a single vote. You did not listen to the voters; you knew it all. Besides that your Hillary had all of those 'super delegates'. Well you see where that got you and now you are telling us that we will get beaten up in the midterms and you will take the Country back in 2020!

You know what; I am 99.9% certain things will not play out exactly like you think!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections