Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2016, 01:29 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,227,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
In recent years, Mr. Trump has made major investments in golf resorts. He bought the Doral golf resort near Miami in 2012 for $150 million, of which $104 million represented the real estate for property tax purposes.

After the appeal of his property taxes was heard in June, the special magistrate, Leonardo Delgado, lowered the resort’s property taxes by $46,534.

At one point during the hearing, Mr. Delgado stared at the income and expense report showing that Doral had lost $2.4 million in 2014, a number that did not even include millions of dollars in mortgage payments. Mr. Delgado began to chuckle and turned to the county property assessor, Murry Harris.

“So he spent $104 million to lose two and a half million dollars a year,” Mr. Delgado said. “I know how to lose that money without having to spend $104 million. How ’bout you, Murry?”
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/04/us...rref=t.co&_r=1

So Donnie routinely lies about his income - claims gross receipts on his financial disclosure statement so he can boast about how much money he earns, while frequently taking a loss once net income is examined based on his appeals to get out of paying a penny in taxes if he can get away with it.

Raise your hand if you are shocked by this?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2016, 01:31 PM

51,655 posts, read 25,850,631 times
" income and expense report showing that Doral had lost $2.4 million in 2014, a number that did not even include millions of dollars in mortgage payments."

And that was back when people were willing to be seen at his hotels and resorts.

Got to wonder what those numbers are now.

Yikes!

Old 11-03-2016, 01:32 PM

1,427 posts, read 1,186,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/04/us...rref=t.co&_r=1

So Donnie routinely lies about his income - claims gross receipts on his financial disclosure statement so he can boast about how much money he earns, while frequently taking a loss once net income is examined based on his appeals to get out of paying a penny in taxes if he can get away with it.

Raise you hand if you are shocked by this?
Let's talk about email servers some more.

Old 11-03-2016, 01:32 PM

18,037 posts, read 27,484,301 times
I told you political honks over a month ago that Trump wasn't worth near what folks think he is.

Trump federal income tax deceit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
...and the Clinton Foundation doesn't donate anything near what they claim to!
Ooh snap.

In fact, my post up there on the link was my first in the election cycle for me iirc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Records and tax forms show that the Clinton foundation donates every penny they claim to. It's public record. Stop lying and disseminating pure falsehood. Only small minded people with no moral fiber do that and I'm sure that's not how you intend to portray yourself.
Exactly how much did Haiti get? Nevermind. Let the Feds answer that one for us.

Gonna be a whole lotta debunkin goin on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
no it hasnt.. in fact anything that shows it does, lies to you for the very same reason your now whining about Trump..

Clinton Foundation, includes things like airfare and salaries as a "charitable" expense..

clearly its not, its NEVER been considered one.. you guys argued this very same thing when reviewing the Romney Foundation just 4 short years ago..

short memories I guess.. or just amnesia.. so spare me on trying to educate me on who to vote for until you can keep your arguments straight.
Ooh snap again.

Would you like to work for our Feds? They may have an opening.

Last edited by McGowdog; 11-03-2016 at 02:12 PM..

Old 11-03-2016, 01:34 PM

5,526 posts, read 7,118,707 times

Old 11-03-2016, 01:36 PM

3,840 posts, read 3,070,250 times
Soros paying double pay rate for anti-Trump posts. I can't imagine the BS about Trump over the next few days from Hilbots.

Old 11-03-2016, 01:38 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,227,947 times
Quote:
except that silly claim has been debunked over and over.

Old 11-03-2016, 01:41 PM

1,327 posts, read 723,662 times
That's it? Geez, you guys are looking more pathetic by the hour.

Old 11-03-2016, 01:42 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,669,275 times
Quote:
Records and tax forms show that the Clinton foundation donates every penny they claim to. It's public record. Stop lying and disseminating pure falsehood. Only small minded people with no moral fiber do that and I'm sure that's not how you intend to portray yourself.

Old 11-03-2016, 01:42 PM

12,391 posts, read 7,103,495 times
You dems ever heard about depreciation?

No, maybe you haven't so don't talk about things you have no understanding of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections