Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Possible Reasons Hillary Clinton Lost
Russians 1 1.35%
Fake News 1 1.35%
James Comey 2 2.70%
She's a Woman (Hillary's Favorite) 1 1.35%
Hillary Clinton 69 93.24%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 08:07 AM

35,702 posts, read 21,063,743 times

Advertisements

the pitch forks won but they started with her enemies in DC- I only hope KARMA returns- she was no means a perfect angel- but NONE of them ARE- and Trump is not squeaky clean either- which in time you will discover. Today we pray
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

1,525 posts, read 1,184,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
I think something else was going on as stated in the Michael Moore "eff you" to the system speech a couple of weeks ago that right now seems to represent the path to President Elect Trump's victory.

From the very start I have been posting watch out due to Governor Schwarzenegger, Governor Ventura and Senator Franken, I would add in President Duterte and the Brexit vote to say it is a global movement and not localized to any personality.

^ This.

Trump won for the same reason that the United Kingdom voted for Brexit. The "little people" are sick of the political elite and the globalist movement. I say this as someone who did not, and does not, support Donald Trump.

8,312 posts, read 3,929,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
She lost because of this - every word is true:

5 Reasons Why Trump Will Win | MICHAEL MOORE

And, no, things aren't going to be okay. Not for a good long while. The next four years will be a calamity. Recession and war loom, not to mention total administrative chaos.
That's an absolutely amazing article. The man was dead on, in every single way. Especially his prediction that Trump would go over the top with Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin.

Old 11-09-2016, 08:26 AM

9,576 posts, read 7,336,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
I agree with both points. Regarding the second, BOTH Clinton and Trump have major character flaws IMO.

But IMO, Trump's were more of a personal nature while Clinton's were more of a political nature. In other words, I may not like Trump's treatment of some women and his being married for the third time to a younger woman but that is a personal matter and I am willing to hold my nose and overlook it.

Clinton's flaws on the other hand seems far more serious because they may be in regard to actual policies and politics. In other words, money and donations to the Clinton foundation by corporations and even foreign governments may very well sway her decision making and that to me is far worse then Trump's personal life. In other words, I simply do not trust her to do the right thing.
That's where Trump "lucked out" in not being a politician, well he will be one come January. Because he wasn't a politician, his flaws could never go back to politics/policies, where like you mentioned Clinton's flaws could.

Old 11-09-2016, 08:29 AM

1,300 posts, read 961,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by photobuff42 View Post
Look, how many of you tolerate liars in your personal lives? How many of your friends have told you a lie and expected you to believe it? Did you keep that person in your life? You may have for a little while but at some point you wised up it and got them out of your life.

Last night you saw America wise up!
America "wised up" and voted for...........an even bigger liar!

One of the most astounding mind tricks pulled by the GOP strategists in this election is to have tabbed Hillary as dishonest in the minds of voters, even while they put forth a candidate who is an even bigger liar and total phony. Yet for all else that Trump was criticized for, he managed to take advantage of a flaw in his opponent that he himself possessed to an even worse degree. And the voters never noticed the contradiction because of all the things the media attacked him for, his rampant dishonesty was not very often one of them. That "dishonestly" narrative was reserved for Hillary in the media and as a result whenever you heard voters speak about that specific trait, they almost always focused on the least dishonest of the two candidates

Old 11-09-2016, 08:30 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Easy answer.

Middle class working America have abandoned the Democrat Party and politicians like Clinton.

I've said this time and time again on this forum. And it was proved out by the results.

Old 11-09-2016, 08:31 AM

589 posts, read 390,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Everybody knows she lost because of her lack of fashion sense, and makeup sophistication.
. . .
uh - no
. . .
Perhaps it is due to the idea that a person delegated power to ENFORCE LAWS enacted by Congress should not have a history of VIOLATING LAWS... and using her clout to escape the consequences.
dressing like Chaairman MAO is not a good thing!

Old 11-09-2016, 08:33 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,815,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZER PROPHET View Post

Second, Hilary simply wasn't a likable person. Even inside her own party. Some of the counties that usually tip the election in traditional battleground states for the Democrats had very low voter turnout. They still had the right percentages for her, but not enough people in her party thought enough of her to even vote for her. I mean, half her most ardent "supporters" left her HQ long before the election was truly decided and she refused to even come and thank those who stayed. I think that describes her to a 'T'.
I think this was key.

Hillary couldn't hold together the Obama coalition. Young voters didn't support Hillary in near the numbers they supported Obama in both elections. So many people voting for her were voting against Trump more than voting for her. If history has taught us anything, the "lesser of two evils" candidate has a considerable disadvantage because a lot of people won't be as motivated to turn out for them on election day, which is what I believe happened.

Old 11-09-2016, 08:35 AM

589 posts, read 390,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Easy answer.

Middle class working America have abandoned the Democrat Party and politicians like Clinton.

I've said this time and time again on this forum. And it was proved out by the results.
its the party that has deserted the people. Grass root Ds arent leftist and commies.

Old 11-09-2016, 08:44 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,081,779 times
Hillary has a LOT of baggage, she is despicable in terms of morality and ethics--perhaps even criminal--

Her programs were the same old tired rhetoric that every politician has promised since the beginning of time, and which never happen.

She's a liar and a crook.....hard to swallow after her wonderful beginnings as a voice for the poor and underserved, let alone women's rights and health care.

She is a 1% er......there is no way to cover up her being in bed with the aristocracy, which never look out for the little guys except as a source of money.

Snubbed her nose at the law.....the email scandal.....and Bill making a deal with the AG in the back of a plane. Could their arrogance have been any more obvious than that whole deal?

So sad, because it was a chance to have a woman in the White House, but somewhere along the way she got bought and paid for...and people saw through that pretty quickly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections