Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2016, 10:31 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,532,311 times

Advertisements

Like him or not, Trump really is a phenomena. A complete political outsider, who has shaken up both political parties, exposed the lies and corruption of a mainstream media that thought they "mattered". One with decades of actual business and leadership experience.

Lets face it, the bar has been set pretty low with our last few presidents. Starting with Clinton, his sexual abuse trial while in office and impeachment trial. Bush and his fumbling of the Iraq war. And 8 years of divisiveness, attacks on police, and utter incompetence of so many in the Obama administration. Trump doesn't have to do all that much to be the best president in the last 25 years. To be a leader and uniter-something this country has sadly lacked for so long. Unlike any other president in my lifetime, he actually has business experience and made a living in the private sector. And I think he has the skills and ability to do so.

I'm wondering-will 2020 be perhaps the biggest landslide in history leading into Trump's second term?

Last edited by Toyman at Jewel Lake; 11-12-2016 at 11:08 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2016, 10:56 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
I think the GOP will impeach him before 2020, so the real question is whether or not Pence will win, and I think that is a real possibility since Dems don't have anyone to run.

Old 11-12-2016, 10:57 AM

1,327 posts, read 723,662 times
Ah, the wetdream fantasy of the left. You people have been wrong about absolutely everything.

Old 11-12-2016, 11:02 AM

4,176 posts, read 6,337,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Like him or not, Trump really is a phenomena. A complete political outsider, who has shaken up both political parties, exposed the lies and corruption of a mainstream media that thought they "mattered". One with decades of actual business and leadership experience.

Lets face it, the bar has been set pretty low with our last few presidents. Starting with Clinton, his sexual abuse trial while in office and impeachment trial. Bush and his fumbling of the Iraq war. And 8 years of divisiveness, attacks on police, and utter incompetence of so many in his administration. Trump doesn't have to do all that much to be the best president in the last 25 years. To be a leader and uniter-something this country has sadly lacked for so long. Unlike any other president in my lifetime, he actually has business experience and made a living in the private sector. And I think he has the skills and ability to do so.

I'm wondering-will 2020 be perhaps the biggest landslide in history leading into Trump's second term?
No, it won't be the biggest landslide in history. If the left keeps acting like immature idiots by calling all Trump supporters (whom they've never met) racist/homophobic/xenophobic, they're certainly increasing Trump's chances of re-election and adding to his victory margin. When your opponent is committing suicide, you just get out of the way and offer more rope if necessary. In the case of the left, they're quite good at finding rope themselves. They're considering Keith Ellison as DNC Chair!

Old 11-12-2016, 11:10 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,532,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
No, it won't be the biggest landslide in history. If the left keeps acting like immature idiots by calling all Trump supporters (whom they've never met) racist/homophobic/xenophobic, they're certainly increasing Trump's chances of re-election and adding to his victory margin. When your opponent is committing suicide, you just get out of the way and offer more rope if necessary. In the case of the left, they're quite good at finding rope themselves. They're considering Keith Ellison as DNC Chair!
Now that I hadn't heard. It sounds like the far left is doing everything possible to ensure the utter destruction of the Democrat party and to ensure that it will remain irrelevant for decades. I do hope sensible, moderate adults take the party back.

Old 11-12-2016, 11:12 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,568,864 times
If the people that surround Trump now get put into his Administration, there is no way his presidency will be successful or uniting. My bet is that he will tire of this real quick and probably not even run in 4 years turning it over to Pence.

Old 11-12-2016, 11:18 AM

34,069 posts, read 17,102,875 times
I suspect it will be President Pence in 2020.

Old 11-12-2016, 11:20 AM

4,176 posts, read 6,337,802 times
Quote:
Now that I hadn't heard. It sounds like the far left is doing everything possible to ensure the utter destruction of the Democrat party and to ensure that it will remain irrelevant for decades. I do hope sensible, moderate adults take the party back.
Yes, the far left is taking actions that will 'ensure the utter destruction of the Democrat party and to ensure that it will remain irrelevant for decades.' That said, these actions are not being done intentionally and I doubt the people doing them are suicidal in their own mind. Given how insane the (D) party has become, they're still doing fairly well at the ballot box (relative to their insanity and hatred of America), so the damage of an Ellison administration at the DNC would probably not be that severe.

Adults won't take the party back b/c adults aren't the ones who support or run the party (look at the Trump rioters). It's the (D) party that told everyone that America is racist/misogynistic/homophobic/Islamophobic; that wealthy people pay less than their fair share in taxes; that white cops kill black citizens wily nilly with impunity; that illegal aliens are doing us a favor; that illegal aliens shouldn't be called illegal and are just undocumented; that Islam is a religion of peace; that climate change is the biggest threat the our existence; that Obamacare will lower our premiums while still allowing us too keep our doctor and plan; that hands up don't shoot happened despite evidence to the contrary; that Benghazi was caused by a film called Innocence of Muslims; that Beau Bergdahl was going to die if we didn't release 5 hardened terrorists in exchange for his release; that HRC used a private email server out of convenience; that HRC never received any classified material over 4 years as Secretary of State; that the stimulus program would create millions of shovel ready jobs;

DNC Prepares To Elevate Muslim Congressman Ellison To Chief | Daily Wire

Old 11-12-2016, 11:27 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,558,965 times
Talking I wouldn't...

Quote:
But maybe you should bet everything you have on it.

Old 11-12-2016, 11:49 AM

2,007 posts, read 1,275,951 times
We will see 2020 as the election when Trump's nation building policies will be rewarded at the ballot box. Not only will he the vast majority of White voters again be on his side, add in an increasing number of minorities as well. Tackling inner cities problem, one of his priorities will have Black and Latino voters seeing a future at long last. Where these numbers will add to the Trump vote , replacing much of the far right White vote who wanted much more extreme White Nationalistic measures to be enacted. The net result a greater Trump voter base with added sections of the minority community.

In the interests of peace and prosperity , Trump will move to the center. A wise move in splitting up the Obama coalition for good. What does it say when Bernie and even Elizabeth Warren are extending the olive branch to Trump?. We could be looking at a landslide victory for Trump in 2020.

The dealmaker will now become the peacemaker. A jaded electorate is sick and tired of all this division .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections