Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2016, 10:36 AM

42,823 posts, read 26,547,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
I concur. It's shameful to see so many allegations carelessly thrown around this board like this, with so many people gobbling them up and so few people asking pertinent questions such as this.
Don't hold it against them, they are just having buyers remorse, they thought Trump was going to save them, now they see the West Wing being filled with neo-cons and lobbyists and they are starting to realize they got hoodwinked, they just can't admit it yet. Almost overnight the wet dream of rounding up and deporting 11 million people turned in to deporting 820,000 undocumented with criminal convictions. The ACA will be destroyed but there is no 'replace' yet and his promise to leave medicare and SS alone is gone, the transition team website now mentions 'modernizing medicare' which is Ryan's term for killing medicare and replacing it with private policies with 'premium support' for the poorest recipients.

So yeah if I got punk'd like that I would probably hang out in threads that bang on about Hillary or any subject rather than spend my time thinking about how I got hoodwinked

Old 11-16-2016, 10:36 AM

8,016 posts, read 5,900,827 times
Nothing about Hillary would surprise me, this included.

She's going to be miserable from this point forward, and this loss will likely eat at her until she dies from it.

Old 11-16-2016, 10:37 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,763,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
While it would wouldn't be a terribly surprising human reaction under such circumstances, do we have a credible source that this really happened?

This has been her personality forever. Even when she was First Lady, West Wing staffers were not allowed to make eye contact with her as she walked down the halls. They were instructed to scurry to their offices and not approach her. Members of the military were ordered to wear civilian clothing in the White House when coming for meetings. She acted like an arrogant queen like Leona Helmsley.

Old 11-16-2016, 10:45 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,543,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Don't hold it against them, they are just having buyers remorse, they thought Trump was going to save them, now they see the West Wing being filled with neo-cons and lobbyists and they are starting to realize they got hoodwinked, they just can't admit it yet. Almost overnight the wet dream of rounding up and deporting 11 million people turned in to deporting 820,000 undocumented with criminal convictions. The ACA will be destroyed but there is no 'replace' yet and his promise to leave medicare and SS alone is gone, the transition team website now mentions 'modernizing medicare' which is Ryan's term for killing medicare and replacing it with private policies with 'premium support' for the poorest recipients.

So yeah if I got punk'd like that I would probably hang out in threads that bang on about Hillary or any subject rather than spend my time thinking about how I got hoodwinked
For the record, I'm not a Clinton supporter. I see no need however for paragraphs of shared talking points or exaggerated claims about her. I feel the same about Trump and did not support him, either.

I'm a critical thinker who seeks truth in such matters. I could utterly destroy your rhetoric-filled post here as it too is full of holes and lacks depth. But that's not the topic at hand. Determining whether or not the title of this thread has any proof to back it is all I care about.

Old 11-16-2016, 10:45 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,970,848 times
Actually, Hillary jumped onto her broomstick and flew madly around the (glass) ceiling, cackling, "I'll get you, my Trumpies! And your little Orange, too!" while trailed by a host of Flying Monkeys.

Right.

This scenario is just about as likely as those touted here by those of you who are absolutely determined to pin all of your own frustrations, anger, and resentment onto Hillary Clinton (oh, wait - you did reserve a little of your incessant negativity for Bill and even Chelsea. How about Socks? I'm sure he killed an innocent bird or two in his time. Maybe even a squirrel) for whatever not-so-deeply imbedded psychological reason you may have.

My guess is that not so deep down, she reminds you of your mamas, when you were little bratty kids, and that the last thing you wanted to hear was that Mama knew best. You never got over being those little kids, did you? So you grasp hungrily at all these unlikely allegations and smears and undocumented and completely fabricated claims, since it suits your personal psychological agenda and makes you feel all better.

Good heavens, can't you grow up? Hillary is not the Wicked Witch of the (mid)West, nor is she your mama. She lost the election to a number of factors - a very, very close election, which despite claims, was no mandate for Trump. Time to move on.

Given her intelligence, energy, dedication and determination, no doubt Hillary Clinton will continue to make her mark in the world in the years ahead. I am sure she will write a book or two. I would not be surprised to see her become president of a women's, or perhaps a coed college. She will do well.

I wish I could believe our country will do as well as Hillary is likely to do, in the years yet to come. I wish Trump all success as a president, although I agree with few of his proposals and plans. I would love to see the United States become more stable, its people better off in all ways, its infrastructure and resources treated with the respect and care they deserve. I would love to see the world at peace and free and its people equally healthy, educated, and in pursuit of happiness, with our country a leader in bringing about that blessed peace and freedom.

Do I think Donald Trump can bring about those devoutly wished for objectives? No, I do not. Do I think our country deserves better? Yes, clearly. But I will support Trump whenever I conscientiously can and oppose him when conscience dictates.

That's what being a loyal American is all about.

Last edited by CraigCreek; 11-16-2016 at 11:43 AM..

Old 11-16-2016, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
For the record, I'm not a Clinton supporter. I see no need however for paragraphs of shared talking points or exaggerated claims about her. I feel the same about Trump and did not support him, either.

I'm a critical thinker who seeks truth in such matters. I could utterly destroy your rhetoric-filled post here as it too is full of holes and lacks depth. But that's not the topic at hand. Determining whether or not the title of this thread has any proof to back it is all I care about.
Specifically what did I say that was incorrect?

Old 11-16-2016, 10:59 AM

8,444 posts, read 4,781,759 times
Quote:

Trump voters didn't let people like you tell them what to think of candidate Trump so don't expect them to let people like you tell them how to judge his presidency two months before he is even sworn in to office.

Old 11-16-2016, 11:36 AM

18,110 posts, read 27,602,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
Trump voters didn't let people like you tell them what to think of candidate Trump so don't expect them to let people like you tell them how to judge his presidency two months before he is even sworn in to office.
This. I'm shocked that those in HRCs corner haven't yet turned the page, respected our support of Donald Trump, and made inroads to getting aboard this wonderful Nation that we all live and thrive in.

Quote:
I"m not telling you what to think of him, I am just posting factual data about how his promises are evaporating, you can like him in spite of that if you choose to.
You're grinding your teeth is what you're doin. Good luck with that.

Last edited by McGowdog; 11-16-2016 at 11:57 AM..

Old 11-16-2016, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
I"m not telling you what to think of him, I am just posting factual data about how his promises are evaporating, you can like him in spite of that if you choose to.

Old 11-16-2016, 11:47 AM

31,339 posts, read 14,417,248 times
Quote:

Can we POSSIBLY wait until Trump actually takes office and see what gets done?
Please?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections