Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2016, 08:15 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,747,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Awesome. She would have made a great POTUS. I can just imagine her braining Putin with a bottle of vodka.

Sigh.
Nah. Hand that woman a bottle of vodka and she'll be chugging it down before you could say "Vladimir Putin".

Old 11-16-2016, 08:27 PM

13,631 posts, read 10,037,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Nah. Hand that woman a bottle of vodka and she'll be chugging it down before you could say "Vladimir Putin".
That works for me.

Old 11-16-2016, 08:30 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,772,208 times
I would have lover to be a fly high on the wall in that room, on election night from 7pm- about 2am
They would have heard me laughing my wings off.

Old 11-16-2016, 08:41 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,295,812 times
can't blame Hillary in a way.....she was in a bubble just like the rest of the party and MSM.....they thought she had this won easily and had the fireworks ready, the big party with celebrities like Cher.

Once Trump busted that bubble people were mad, crying and shocked......i bet you a lot of things were broken in that hotel suite.......LMAO!

I never seen an election where a candidate and their supporters were so arrogant that they knew they were going to win 100% before the votes got counted and crying like a death in the family, it was really pathetic and funny to watch.

Old 11-16-2016, 08:43 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,947,931 times
Quote:
I did. The only part of it that mattered was the part I quoted. Thanks for asking.
I repeat: reading comprehension is a good thing.

As is reading comprehensively, which is related to but not identical to reading comprehension.

Sorry what I wrote was too subtle for you. And here I had thought it might be too heavy-handed. Once again, it appears that I was overly optimistic about the reading ability (and maturity) of certain segments of my reading audience.

Suggestion to members of those segments: read up on the use of irony, satire, symbolism, and related literary devices.

Actually, just read. Real books, magazines, newspapers, heck, read more online, not just from forums such as this but actual well-written, accurately spelled and punctuated articles about a wide variety of topics. Read history. Read science. Read poetry. Read philosophy. Read about different forms of government. Read biographies. Read good fiction that's stood the test of time.

Just read. Your lives will be richer for it, and you'll gain in understanding and in your ability to use and comprehend the English language effectively and accurately.

Old 11-16-2016, 09:10 PM

684 posts, read 517,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
I will admit that if I was HRC, I would've been throwing the biggest hissy fit the world has ever seen.

After putting up with a husband sticking his cigar into orifices all around town for decades, getting beat by a community organizer with zero experience, having the misfortune of having so many "friends" drop dead unexpectedly, spending hundreds of millions of dollars on a presidential campaign where every media outlet crawled up my behind to sing my praises for months on end and somehow STILL end up losing bigly to a tangelo reality show star ....

Oh hell, I'd still be on a bender after that ...

LMFAO

Hillary got her arse handed to her her entire life like you said and this last one was pure karma working its magic. She is finished now and thankfully she will never hold the office of president or be in the White House.

I'm worried that her hook nose daughter who claims to be running for congress is going to find herself in politics. I hope Chelsea loses and is also prevented from being in any position of power.

Old 11-16-2016, 09:12 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,747,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
I repeat: reading comprehension is a good thing..
Ahhh. So you post that again because you wish to fallaciously establish credibility by implying that I lack the ability to read & comprehend?

Now you know why I didn't put much stock in what you said.

Old 11-16-2016, 10:09 PM

25,885 posts, read 16,605,708 times
Well, now there's been a First Lady crazier than Mary Todd Lincoln.

Old 11-16-2016, 10:56 PM

14,008 posts, read 8,162,586 times
Hillary is likely a borderline alcoholic and addicted to prescription medication.

Rehab beckons

Old 11-16-2016, 11:56 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,947,931 times
Quote:
Ahhh. So you post that again because you wish to fallaciously establish credibility by implying that I lack the ability to read & comprehend?

Now you know why I didn't put much stock in what you said.
Tossing in random Latinates (no, that does not refer to illegal Hispanic immigrants) doesn't do much for your argument. Nor does your split infinitive.

No point in further discussion, although no doubt your responses would be similarly convincing. Or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections