Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 08:27 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,616,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post
Sure is, there are HOW MANY more whites in this country then blacks?

There are how many w vs b registered voters?

State some facts before you type. What does white voting for Obama have to do with racism?

If there was a viable dem candidate running heck I would vote for them myself and I am way to the right ! Is called we vote on what we feel is the best for us all while dems vote for whats best for them first and country second.

Guess you can say rep voters are smarter voters or more honest voters!
You turn around everything but probably because of information starvation. How can you say Republicans vote for what is best for the country when they only represent wealthy white people who are Baptist? They vote in all kinds of tax breaks for most wealthy & than cut VA benefits for the injured soldiers coming back from the war the Republicans stupidly lead the country into. The nation’s economy is going into serious doo doo because of Republican mismanagement

It’s the Democrats who are trying to find ways to help those about to lose their homes. It is the Democrats who are pushing universal health care for all Americans [and not just senators/congress people]. It is Democrats who are fighting for the environment against corporate powers who only care about how much money they can amass [even if other American's suffer].

The list goes on & on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2008, 08:46 PM

1,999 posts, read 1,665,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
You turn around everything but probably because of information starvation. How can you say Republicans vote for what is best for the country when they only represent wealthy white people who are Baptist? They vote in all kinds of tax breaks for most wealthy & than cut VA benefits for the injured soldiers coming back from the war the Republicans stupidly lead the country into. The nation’s economy is going into serious doo doo because of Republican mismanagement

It’s the Democrats who are trying to find ways to help those about to lose their homes. It is the Democrats who are pushing universal health care for all Americans [and not just senators/congress people]. It is Democrats who are fighting for the environment against corporate powers who only care about how much money they can amass [even if other American's suffer].

The list goes on & on.
"Dems are robinhoods"

Uhmm, if you made bad/poor decisions on your mortgage the rest of us who didnt should bail you out.
We dont want universal health care, it is a disaster and will only over those losers who wont get a job to pay for it.
Envrionment, the tree huggers are costing us billions for not allowing us to drill OUR OWN DAMN oil to save a stupid tree!
Sure it was the dems who screwed us out of more money for the rebate because they wanted to income loser welfare people who dont even pay into the system.

List goes on and on, tax the successful and give it to the losers who make poor decisions. You signed the dotted line, its you fault if you signed and are trying to screw over the lender. PAY YOUR OWN BILLS I say !

Old 02-28-2008, 11:59 PM

254 posts, read 1,183,921 times
Homosexual Marriage would then be only a PR Stunt pushed by the Homosexual Agenda.

Thank you for this post. I am laughing so hard that I'm sure they can hear my 10 miles away on Castro Street in San Francisco.

OK, I just called my gay cousin and his husband/partner since he works in PR and seems like the perfect candidate to field this question and asked him about the Homosexual Agenda. I couldn't help myself. He said his current agenda is to screen his calls better after 9 PM.

Old 02-29-2008, 12:35 AM

5,032 posts, read 12,616,442 times
Quote:
"Dems are robinhoods"

Uhmm, if you made bad/poor decisions on your mortgage the rest of us who didnt should bail you out.
We dont want universal health care, it is a disaster and will only over those losers who wont get a job to pay for it.
Envrionment, the tree huggers are costing us billions for not allowing us to drill OUR OWN DAMN oil to save a stupid tree!
Sure it was the dems who screwed us out of more money for the rebate because they wanted to income loser welfare people who dont even pay into the system.

List goes on and on, tax the successful and give it to the losers who make poor decisions. You signed the dotted line, its you fault if you signed and are trying to screw over the lender. PAY YOUR OWN BILLS I say !
Spoken by a typical Republican until your mother gets so sick that she has to sell her house to pay the medical bills. Or if you happen to have a gay son or daughter & begin to resent the fanatical Bible-belt haters that the Republican Party is so full of [remember Cheney disagreed with the so-called "Defense of Marriage Act. The point is that Republicans generally only think of themselves until they need help with something, and then change their minds on things like health care [strictly selfish boors who have pronounced anti-social pathologies. Despicable people.

Old 02-29-2008, 12:46 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,178,951 times
Quote:
Ummm. No. I'd gladly welcome universal healthcare. I can't get insurance due to pre-existing conditions and when I had it, it was $700 a month. (All I have is high blood pressure for the last 25+ years with no problems except that I need to take pills.) The pills I take cost $300 for the WHOLE YEAR at Costco with no deductable, yet the insurance costs almost $9,000 a year! And I never use it! Except to get a prescription for pills! Years ago I had a serious heart problem that was corrected with experimental surgery. Because that problem is still on my medical records, I'll never get cheap insurance. (And most people don't get the surgery because it is still experimental.) But I have no heart problem anymore because the surgery cured it.

I also have no insurance. It doesn't make sense for me. On top of all that, if anything terrible happens they have to treat me because it's the law. (They can't sit around trying to figure out if you have insurance or not before they treat you for anything.) So why pay for insurance?

Anyway, I think Obama's plan is the most expensive too, because people like me can opt out of it. I mean, why buy if you don't have to pay until you need it?

Old 02-29-2008, 02:37 AM

9,373 posts, read 14,327,319 times
Quote:
... Republicans ... only represent wealthy white people who are Baptist ...
Try to be a bit more serious.

Quote:
They vote in all kinds of tax breaks for most wealthy
It depends on how one defines wealthy. For example, a lot of otherwise very modest small businesses and self-proprietors can keep going because tax rates in the US are reasonable. Try to set up a new business in Europe, see what happens.

Quote:
the war the Republicans stupidly lead the country into.
Grant you this point, absolutely.

Quote:
The nation’s economy is going into serious doo doo because of Republican mismanagement.
At the base of this mismanagement is the suicidal monetary and credit policy, leading to a grave imbalance between domestic production and consumption.

Quote:
It’s the Democrats who are trying to find ways to help those about to lose their homes.
Most of these people had no business attempting to "own" these overpriced, energy-guzzling homes to begin with. See above point on suicidal monetary and credit policy. Bail-outs will only compound the problem, punishing the few remaining productive savers, among other things.

Quote:
It is the Democrats who are pushing universal health care for all Americans.
True universal health care would be a single-payer system (see Europe, Kucinich in the US), not a shift from one hodgepodge to another hodgepodge. The problem is the mismatch between price and cost, between production and consumption. Either we have a single-payer system, or we address the supply side. The current democratic proposals will only lead to higher prices, despite claims to the contrary.

Quote:
It is Democrats who are fighting for the environment.
Some environmental issues are quite serious, others are bogus.

Thanks, though, for bringing up these trivial side issues, but now back to the really serious issue of writing open letters to gays.

Old 02-29-2008, 05:09 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,923,778 times
Quote:

The list goes on & on.
clearly you have pointed out the problem of the democratic party. they look to the government for all solutions and americans are not comfortable anymore with government solutions and the government in general. they can not have any of these so-called solutions without getting tax dollars so there is your problem. working people are tired of giving them their tax dollars with nothing to show for it!

Old 02-29-2008, 05:15 AM
BVH

944 posts, read 606,577 times
You guys have taken this thread WAYYYYY off topic.

Old 02-29-2008, 05:41 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,750,808 times
I'll try to veer it over a bit ...

Well, there's another issue that the Kaptain will pounce on:

No lapel pin ... unpatriotic
Wife is really proud for the first time ... unamerican
He loves them gays!!!

Old 02-29-2008, 05:56 AM

3 posts, read 26,313 times

YouTube - Yes We Can Obama Song by will.i.am
obama's i-can song..
Select2008 - Find and Compare Election Candidates & Election Issues
and i-vote website
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections