Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2017, 07:04 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,845,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
There's a tear in my beer...
Trump seems to be in the "reality t.v." mode. Someone needs to shake his tree and tell him "hey dude, this is reality, real life, get off the celebrity ratings kick and get on to being a leader."

Is there a leadership, empathy, diplomatic training class he could attend? He might attend the classes, between screwing up every good thing our country has sacrificed, to obtain these last 200 years or so.

Last edited by mollygee; 01-24-2017 at 07:43 AM..

Old 01-24-2017, 07:04 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,749,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeonthelittlemountain View Post
Keep in mind, Trump is the one to make mountains out of molehills.

Why does he keep going on about the popular vote and inaugural crowd numbers? Ironically if he just shut up he would be more likely to reap the adulation he thinks he deserves.

But that mouth. That mouth. He makes it so easy. What a needy, pitiful man he is.

The antithesis of a leader. Dangerous and powerful with the ability to destroy....yes. A leader? Not by any stretch of the imagination.
When he stomps on the molehills they do sometimes appear to be mountains but I prefer his approach to that of the establishment GOP which up until now has been to simply allow the small issues to fester until they become unmanageable. I do wish he had a little finesse about it, but like I said he's a known quantity in that regard by now.

Old 01-24-2017, 07:08 AM

25,948 posts, read 22,102,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Should Trump get over it? Yes.

Are people who continually highlight the popular vote helping themselves? No.

There are good reasons we don't elect presidents by the popular vote.
Now, if you could just sink that through the heads of something of the "highly educated" liberals that are still sitting on their pity pots, your post would become legendary.

We also might mention that when it's over, it's over. The popular vote only counts when it determines the winner, which in this case, it doesn't.

I always knew that Hillary would lose unless she found a viable means to cheat the system, which I thought she would do and I think she did too.

Now, we know the buzz words for the liberals which make their posts worthless, "racist", "hater", "alleged", "anonymous", "unidentified source" and I am sure there are others that I am forgetting.

Old 01-24-2017, 07:09 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,698,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunetunelover View Post
He probably wouldn't have to say anything about it if the media and all the leftists didn't keep screaming it from the rooftops every.single.day. (case in point, this thread)
He could focus on important stuff, but, no... he brings up all the piddly s**t for the world to see every.single.day.

Old 01-24-2017, 07:10 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,698,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
Trump seems to be in the "reality t.v." mode. Someone needs to shake his tree and tell him "hey dude, this is reality, real life, get off the celebrity ratings kick and get on to being a leader."

Is there a leadership, empathy, diplomatic training class he could attend, between screwing up every good thing our country has sacrificed these last 200 years or so????????
Actually, no. They thought about it for trump U... but, well, you know....

Old 01-24-2017, 07:11 AM

4,876 posts, read 4,202,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
He could focus on important stuff, but, no... he brings up all the piddly s**t for the world to see every.single.day.

I'm sure he would like to focus on more important things. But the media (and dems) keeps bringing up all this little piddly s**t for the world to see every.single.day.

Old 01-24-2017, 07:22 AM

4,840 posts, read 9,913,814 times
Illegal immigrant votes shouldn't count.

Old 01-24-2017, 08:31 AM

24,475 posts, read 17,215,678 times
Trump just wants people to like him. He has certainly chosen the wrong career if that is what he is looking for.

Who cares Donald you won the electoral and that was enough. If we take away NYC and California you would have won the popular vote too isn't that enough to move on and start doing some good?

The next move is yours so dump the petty politics and get to work Making America Great Again. It is all about deeds now not words.

Old 01-24-2017, 08:35 AM

1,708 posts, read 1,098,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Well, it looks like all one has to do is keep harping on the loss of the popular vote and get a knee-jerk response from trump. For those who want to keep jerking his (and his followers') chain, this is almost better than the 'alternative facts' thing or the tumult in the WH while the new administration is jostling to get its pecking order sorted out...

"Two people familiar with the meeting said Trump spent about 10 minutes at the start of the bipartisan gathering rehashing the campaign. He also told them that between 3 million and 5 million illegal votes caused him to lose the popular vote."

Said as the meeting with congressional leader, just last evening... Geez, folks, can't he get past it? So, he didn't win the popular vote. BFD Doesn't he realize that bringing.up.tiny.little.things just makes him look petty, and not just a little loony tunes?

Without evidence, Trump tells lawmakers 3 million to 5 million illegal ballots cost him the popular vote

"Trump himself, whose ascent to the White House seems to have only heightened his acute sensitivity to criticism.

This account of Trump’s tumultuous first days in office comes from interviews with nearly a dozen senior White House officials and other Trump advisers and confidants, some of whom spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe private conversations and moments."

The first days inside Trump

This whole thing would be pretty laughable, if it weren't the behavior of the president.of.the.United.States
On the reddit/r/the_donald forum a Californian was able to register his dog, and got an absentee ballot. He didn't cast it, but if dogs can get ballots and vote absentee in California, their vote is at least suspect.

Old 01-24-2017, 08:41 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,702,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post

Is there a leadership, empathy, diplomatic training class he could attend? He might attend the classes, between screwing up every good thing our country has sacrificed, to obtain these last 200 years or so.
other than the stupid tweeting I have no problems with anything he has done so far. I could even accept the tweeting if it was being used just to talk to the American people, but I have a huge problem with his tweeting when he is just griping about being mistreated:He needs to suck it up, but I doubt you are going to change a 70 year old man who has spent his life getting his own way. BTW what has he screwed up so far?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections