Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2017, 06:05 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times

Advertisements

This is like the bank robber saying "without that surveillance video, I never would have been caught".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2017, 06:09 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,850,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
This is like the bank robber saying "without that surveillance video, I never would have been caught".
Uh huh, or a man who gets caught talking about grabbing a married womans' ________ on video, and who passes it off as "locker room banter". Yeah, pretty much the same.

Old 05-03-2017, 06:10 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,307,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Wait a minute, wait a minute ! You actually have the nerve to bring up that Hillary is blaming everyone, when your boy can not open his mouth once without making some poisonous comment about how everyone from the Pope to the news media is causing all of his problems ?

I mean, we will accept a certain degree of hypocrisy from your side, but to even put Hillarys' complaints in the same league as those made by Donald Trump is way beyond apples and oranges. Trump can not even host an event at a religious gathering without throwing in some barb about how everyone is against him.

All I can say is............
^THIS

And I'll add that Hillary was asked, she answered. Her first response was that "I was the candidate, and I accept responsibility". She not only has a right to say, but an obligation to answer the question fully. Nobody will ever know for sure if the meddling of Comey and the Wikileaks was what swayed the election. NOBODY can say it did, or did not, we just won't know, but it's absolutely fair what she said.

She said she was on path to win (debatable but not patently true or false), and that with 10-days left, the director of the FBI said he had damning evidence, then when it was all over, he said "oh, nevermind, nothing to see here". She said that it swayed some people who might have been on the fence. Scared them away from voting for her. That is absolutely true. We don't know if it would have ended differently if Comey didn't illegally meddle in the election, but we do know that he did.

She did not blame her loss on that, she (correctly) stated that it was likely a factor. Add that to the wikileaks, add that to all the unfavorable press on accusations that were never proven, add that to the fact that she's just not likeable, and add that to the fact that she ran a flawed campaign and ignored a few critical states. THEN add that to the fact that people are TIRED of politics as usual, and she is the poster-child for politics as usual, and you have your answer.

But to summarize, we simply don't know what the outcome would have been if you remove the Comey and Wikileaks interference. We just don't know. Anyone, on either side who says otherwise is either misinformed, or lying.

Old 05-03-2017, 06:12 AM

20,115 posts, read 9,028,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
^THIS

And I'll add that Hillary was asked, she answered. Her first response was that "I was the candidate, and I accept responsibility". She not only has a right to say, but an obligation to answer the question fully. Nobody will ever know for sure if the meddling of Comey and the Wikileaks was what swayed the election. NOBODY can say it did, or did not, we just won't know, but it's absolutely fair what she said.

She said she was on path to win (debatable but not patently true or false), and that with 10-days left, the director of the FBI said he had damning evidence, then when it was all over, he said "oh, nevermind, nothing to see here". She said that it swayed some people who might have been on the fence. Scared them away from voting for her. That is absolutely true. We don't know if it would have ended differently if Comey didn't illegally meddle in the election, but we do know that he did.

She did not blame her loss on that, she (correctly) stated that it was likely a factor. Add that to the wikileaks, add that to all the unfavorable press on accusations that were never proven, add that to the fact that she's just not likeable, and add that to the fact that she ran a flawed campaign and ignored a few critical states. THEN add that to the fact that people are TIRED of politics as usual, and she is the poster-child for politics as usual, and you have your answer.

But to summarize, we simply don't know what the outcome would have been if you remove the Comey and Wikileaks interference. We just don't know. Anyone, on either side who says otherwise is either misinformed, or lying.
I agree Hillary is a liar for making this claim.

Old 05-03-2017, 06:12 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,307,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
They did..they didnt vote for the corrupt, lying hag.
Fair enough, Trump is not a hag.

Old 05-03-2017, 06:15 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,732,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
Well, she did receive 3 million more votes than the Trump. However, lost by 80,000 votes in the electoral states of Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Michigan.

Seems to me the electoral college needs to go away. To easy to manipulate the system. With the popular vote, not so easy. Only in America, you can win the popular vote and lose. (Of course. places like Russia, they seem to have their own nasty elections.)

3 million votes, that is a lot of people that voted for Hillary and those votes are just nothing???

I do agree that Comey had a huge part, in turning people off. Just before an election, making crass remarks about a candidate????
Running up the vote in one state is like pressing an elevator button more than once. It does not make a difference.

Old 05-03-2017, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
has she announced for 2020 yet?
She is pimping her brat Chelsea for office somewhere. She is now the Angela Landsbury character from "The Manchurian Candidate".

Old 05-03-2017, 06:16 AM

2,690 posts, read 4,221,428 times
She did say "I was the candidate, and I accept responsibility". And those are words that you'll never hear from Trump.

Old 05-03-2017, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
She did say "I was the candidate, and I accept responsibility". And those are words that you'll never hear from Trump.
Her answer should have ended right there. Instead, she rattled off a bunch of excuses all of her own making. It all started with her trying to hide her communications with the public using a private email server.

Old 05-03-2017, 06:23 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Uh huh, or a man who gets caught talking about grabbing a married womans' ________ on video, and who passes it off as "locker room banter". Yeah, pretty much the same.
Very close.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections