Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 12:48 AM

154 posts, read 605,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Yeah, and better than anything Obama has. His one foreign policy "contribution" happened last week when his campaign bumbling embarrassed the Canadian Prime Minister, spurred an investigation, and got someone fired.
Look. If you want to call "teatime" with other lunching ladies in N. Ireland "experience", go right ahead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2008, 12:49 AM

8,064 posts, read 18,014,557 times
Bill had chief executive experience. Obama does not.

Obama is obviously your man, so why hang around and keep bashing Hillary?

Old 03-11-2008, 12:50 AM

154 posts, read 605,935 times
Are you a progressive? Seriously?

Old 03-11-2008, 01:03 AM

1,316 posts, read 2,465,542 times
This Ireland trip was confirmed today, on MSNBC that she accompanied Bill in Ireland as the article that expat007 attached and nothing more than that. Of course she talked to people but there were no "foreign policy" decisions on her behalf. The first lady's roll is do exactly what she did as I am sure Laura Bush has done with the President. On her trip to Kosovo, she was accompanied by Sinbad and Cheryl Crow for entertainment. As Sinbad put it, "we rocked the house" with Cheryl and Hillary. Doesn't sound like some big "foreign policy" experience to me. Sounds like she was being the first lady and doing a nobel thing but again, nothing more. Ohama's motto is not experience anyway, his motto is judgement because you can take her 35 years of experience she brags so much about and throw it right out the window if you don't have the right judgement to make big decisions. AND she blew it in her judgement to send our troops to war. A judgement she admitted she would love to take back. Well, too late. She had her chance already on the 3 AM phone call and made the wrong choice. No bashing her, just facts.

Old 03-11-2008, 01:10 AM

10,130 posts, read 19,885,842 times
Quote:
Bill had chief executive experience. Obama does not.?
Nice try, but we were talking about foreign policy experience. If you aren't able to explain why Bill was viable without as much foreign policy experience, or want to explain it by saying he was elected because of his chief executive experience... well, I'd point you to Obama's superior elected office experience. And in a state vastly more populated than Arkansas. Chicago alone is over 3 times the Arkansas population.

Quote:
Obama is obviously your man, so why hang around and keep bashing Hillary
Because I'm not supporting him for something another candidate has in droves. I'm supporting my candidate for judgement and leadership qualities no other candidate possesses. You value foreign experience so much, so I'm just saying you should skip Hillary and vote for the unquestionably more experienced candidate -- McCain.

Old 03-11-2008, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo7 View Post
This Ireland trip was confirmed today, on MSNBC that she accompanied Bill in Ireland as the article that expat007 attached and nothing more than that. Of course she talked to people but there were no "foreign policy" decisions on her behalf. The first lady's roll is do exactly what she did as I am sure Laura Bush has done with the President. On her trip to Kosovo, she was accompanied by Sinbad and Cheryl Crow for entertainment. As Sinbad put it, "we rocked the house" with Cheryl and Hillary. Doesn't sound like some big "foreign policy" experience to me. Sounds like she was being the first lady and doing a nobel thing but again, nothing more. Ohama's motto is not experience anyway, his motto is judgement because you can take her 35 years of experience she brags so much about and throw it right out the window if you don't have the right judgement to make big decisions. AND she blew it in her judgement to send our troops to war. A judgement she admitted she would love to take back. Well, too late. She had her chance already on the 3 AM phone call and made the wrong choice. No bashing her, just facts.
Judgment? Well, I asked you specifically on another thread why Obama can continue to claim he's always been against the war and wants to bring the troops home when he voted against Kerry's troop withdrawal resolution? And why his now-fired advisor told the British press that his campaign promises on bringing home the troops probably aren't practical? You've never answered that.

Old 03-11-2008, 01:15 AM

10,130 posts, read 19,885,842 times
Quote:
Judgment? Well, I asked you specifically on another thread why Obama can continue to claim he's always been against the war and wants to bring the troops home when he voted against Kerry's troop withdrawal resolution? And why his now-fired advisor told the British press that his campaign promises on bringing home the troops probably aren't practical? You've never answered that.
I don't think anyone is questioning Obama's stance against the war; however, Hillary's claims to have helped broker peace in Ireland seem highly suspect, and that is what the thread is trying to address.

Old 03-11-2008, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
I don't think anyone is questioning Obama's stance against the war; however, Hillary's claims to have helped broker peace in Ireland seem highly suspect, and that is what the thread is trying to address.
Really? Well, see, it's hard to keep up because anytime someone mentions Obama's lack thereof y'all change the subject -- To the war, for instance, or Bill. Then there's the now common cry for Hillary supporters to stop posting.

I'll post here for my candidate as long as I want. Somehow I can't believe that even if she doesn't win the nomination, y'all will stop insulting her. If the Republicans get their meathooks into Obama, Hillary will be dragged into the fray by the sicker individuals on this forum who have an obsession with the Clintons and an unhealthy view of women.

Old 03-11-2008, 05:51 AM

1,155 posts, read 1,840,363 times
Quote:
Yeah, and better than anything Obama has. His one foreign policy "contribution" happened last week when his campaign bumbling embarrassed the Canadian Prime Minister, spurred an investigation, and got someone fired.
can't stand the truth eh?

Old 03-11-2008, 05:59 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,603,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALteacher View Post
can't stand the truth eh?

More correctly, can't stand to see Hillary as the loser she currently is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections