Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2018, 08:41 PM

6,240 posts, read 3,621,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Oprah went to the same black power church of Rev Wright that Obama went to for twenty years. They are both race baiting radical racists.
Oprah doesn't go to church. She's not even Christian. In fact, fundamentalists think she's a New Age heathen indoctrinating the masses with Satanism via her law of attraction/Deepak Chopra/Eckhart Tolle meditation classes. Rev. Wright probably invited every famous black person in Chicago to his church over the years but if they set foot in there for 5 minutes does that mean they know about and agree with everything the man spouts?

It's clear you're just so jaded by all the celebrities and wealthy people who really do turn out to be scum, you refuse to believe anything good about anybody. Maybe you're getting some relief or pleasure from going the contrarian route, particularly sticking it to someone most people don't find fault with. It's making you feel special and privy to knowledge the rest of us don't have. You're just reaching for a target to hate, rationality be damned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2018, 08:45 PM

12,979 posts, read 9,686,856 times
Quote:
I don"t like her whether she runs or not. She is a liar. Lied about being raped. She was a prostitute when she was a teenager. She didn't wear any potato sacks either.Oprah will say anything for a buck.
The woman is a billionaire man, you really think she cares what you think about her. She doesn't know you form Adam's house cat. And how do you know she lied about these things, what source did you use to confirm this. Trump is a good liar, do you hate him?

Old 01-08-2018, 08:45 PM

6,240 posts, read 3,621,442 times
Quote:
I don"t like her whether she runs or not. She is a liar. Lied about being raped. She was a prostitute when she was a teenager. She didn't wear any potato sacks either.Oprah will say anything for a buck.
How could she lie about being raped when she never told anybody? She was already middle-aged and a multi-millionaire with a rack of Emmys and nobody knew this. It was her cousin who went to The Enquirer or some tabloid years ago and got paid to spill all those stories about her child sexual abuse, teen pregnancy, and the baby's subsequent death. As far as teenage prostitution, you're confusing her with Maya Angelou. You have awfully strong opinions about a topic you know so very little about.

Old 01-08-2018, 08:57 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,917,467 times
I think if Oprah runs she will win just look how hysterical the posts on here are about her she scares the crap out of the Trump supporters.

Old 01-08-2018, 09:13 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,132,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Oprah does indeed appear to have all her faculties, always a plus.

Not sure she could raise big corporate donations. Obviously, the Mercers and the Koch brothers wouldn't be setting up PACs for her.

She probably wouldn't be getting much support from the Russians either.

However, she has the potential to unite our country like no one else I can think of.
She's not married so wouldn't get much serious attention as a candidate.
But if the Left thinks someone like her is viable, then I'm all for it!

Old 01-08-2018, 09:20 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,039,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
So making some inappropriately race-obsessed speech, which references some 70-year-old gang rape and mentions Rosa Parks (whom we've all heard about more times than we could possibly count) makes one a possible presidential contender these days?

Just when I think that the media can't possibly get any worse, they always surprise me.
lol. That's what makes a presidential speech, doncha know.

Yeah, she did spew Rosa's name into her little story. I can't remember what Rosa had to do with it. Didn't care then, don't care now.

The looks on the faces of the adoring nutjobs in the audience were enough to gag a maggot.

Makes me ill just thinking about it.

Old 01-08-2018, 09:25 PM

34,941 posts, read 36,312,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post

Yeah, she did spew Rosa's name into her little story. I can't remember what Rosa had to do with it. Didn't care then, don't care now.

The looks on the faces of the adoring nutjobs in the audience were enough to gag a maggot.

You prefer your candidates spewing hate and mocking handicapped people, I reckon?

Old 01-08-2018, 09:25 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,329,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
She's not married so wouldn't get much serious attention as a candidate.
But if the Left thinks someone like her is viable, then I'm all for it!
She's as viable this far out as Trump was this far out from the last election. As for her not getting any serious attention as a candidate, this thread and tweeter-phere proves differently plus all the major networks have been covering the mire mention of her might running. What does not being married have to do with anything?

Old 01-08-2018, 09:29 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,184,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post

Yet...here you are admitting you watched it in some capacity and are still thinking about it.

Last edited by CaseyB; 01-09-2018 at 04:30 AM.. Reason: off topic

Old 01-08-2018, 09:36 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,662,426 times
Local news station had a poll as to whether or not one would vote for her and it was running two to one against her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections