Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who do you favor?
Roy Moore 33 28.45%
Doug Jones 83 71.55%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2017, 11:17 PM

23,218 posts, read 29,031,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Men who like 14-year-olds will have a hard time, and that's like, totally unfair.
Interestingly, his wife is 14 years younger than him. She divorced in 1985 to marry him. And she's a head of the Moral Foundation.

Old 12-12-2017, 11:20 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,592,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
I would love this scenario to play out. First off you 're drunk on Doug Jones at the moment. Sober up and come back tomorrow with a clear head. There's no "probably" to taking the house next near.

The HuffPost and NYT both published articles in the past couple weeks lamenting how much Trump is getting done. He's moving at lightening speed and will charge into 2018. After that's there's always executive order.

Weak R's who won't support Trump are an endangered species. They're all NeoCon scum that the D's despised for over a decade, but have happily allied with now. Bush, McCain, Cheney, Flake, McConnell, these R's are dinosaurs. And they know it. If you want to play with the GOP of 2017 you better be pushing Trump/Libertarian/Tea Party issues or some combination of.
That didn't even work in Alabama. ALABAMA, for xxxxx sakes. ALABAMA. If it won't work there, it won't work anywhere.

Old 12-12-2017, 11:23 PM

19,743 posts, read 22,650,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
i am a man .
i trust women and they trust me. You just don't like women having recourse. Me i am delighted to see women beginning to get a fair shake.....but we have miles to go. most likely you will hate every step. me? i want a better world for my daughter and son.
That person has been on my ignore list for years. Not worthy of reading or a response. Just a simple RWNJ twit of epic proportions.

Old 12-12-2017, 11:26 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,570,932 times
A Republican pundit said Moore would have been a distraction had he been elected, so this isn't that big a deal fortunately.

What Bannon wants to do is dethrone Mitch McConnell which is why he wants populist Republicans to replace obstructionist RINOs. There has to be some dirt to dig on McConnell. Start canvassing the DC call girls. I'm sure he has some kinks.

Old 12-12-2017, 11:26 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,592,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
I guess Trump just keeps Putin on the ditz.
Love it! Should be post of the day!

Old 12-12-2017, 11:30 PM

19,743 posts, read 22,650,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
A Republican pundit said Moore would have been a distraction had he been elected, so this isn't that big a deal fortunately.

What Bannon wants to do is dethrone Mitch McConnell which is why he wants populist Republicans to replace obstructionist RINOs. There has to be some dirt to dig on McConnell. Start canvassing the DC call girls. I'm sure he has some kinks.
Keep digging. Like Seth Rich, PizzaGate- I'm sure you'll find something...

Old 12-12-2017, 11:31 PM

5,790 posts, read 3,597,628 times
There once was a judge named Moore
With fans devoted to the core
But when came the day
They thought they'd hold sway
Bigger others said "No" to the boor.

Old 12-12-2017, 11:33 PM

769 posts, read 1,006,917 times
Quote:
Actually it is just the opposite. The traditional conservatives, who've done nothing for anyone but themselves, need to be voted out. That is Bannon's mission.

More moderates, Dems and independents are leaning toward populism which is why Trump won. People hate BOTH traditional parties who feather their own nests at our expense.

Alabama will reap what they sow because Jones is against everything most Alabamans want. Too many people sat this one out.

I wonder how many illegals voted...
Fake news.

Stats and polls show that voters currently favor Dems by the widest margins in years.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/power...=.144be90f1957

Furthermore, since last year's election, Dem registration has held steady while GOP registration has dipped. Sure, the more progressive wing of the Democratic party could lean towards populism, but it's much more akin to a northern European style of social democratic populism than the Trump/Bannon kind. If you think otherwise, then that's just delusional. The president is underwater significantly with both Dems and Independents. All he has is the GOP, part of them anyways, as we can see there are fractures there between the McConnell types and the Trump/Bannon types.

Thanks for trying though.

And, PLEASE, I implore you, jump on that illegal voting scandal down there in Alabama. And, please, kindly share with us your findings.

Old 12-12-2017, 11:38 PM

46,946 posts, read 25,976,294 times
Quote:
There has to be some dirt to dig on McConnell. Start canvassing the DC call girls. I'm sure he has some kinks.
Hey, I like this development. May the battles be long and bloody.

Old 12-12-2017, 11:41 PM

4,627 posts, read 3,393,144 times
Listen up good people of Alabama because I may never say this again: Roll Tide!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections