Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2017, 10:45 PM

91 posts, read 49,228 times

Advertisements

Another favorite:

NSFW language

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oZpTzTL9cU

Last edited by factcheckcd; 12-24-2017 at 11:25 PM..

Old 12-24-2017, 10:51 PM

89,059 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
So glad Trump supporters get such joy at the distress of over half the country. They will be all the more understanding when the same happens to them in the future and Democrats laugh with glee not just that day but in the years following. Slow motion videos of Trump moving out of our White House with music playing Happy Days are Here Again, etc. will all be well-deserved because besides the country splitting irretrievably, the level of hostility has increased a thousand fold in the past twelve months.
And you don't realize that's the result of lefties attacking, and I DO mean physically attacking Trump supporters (e.g., the Chicago incident), and Hillary calling them deplorables? If the left doesn't want hostility, DON'T foster it in the first place.

Old 12-24-2017, 10:55 PM

91 posts, read 49,228 times
Quote:
Do all the opioid addicts in Appalachia and the Rust Belt have felony records? Aren't heroin and opioids illegal? Sounds like they should all lose their voting rights.
Illegal does not equal felony.

You think that every drug addict is charged with a felony?

No, drug offenses are not automatic felonies.

Drug offenses which reach felony status qualify for same loss of voting rights where applicable right now.

Old 12-24-2017, 11:33 PM

10,829 posts, read 5,439,336 times
Throwing up, weeping, long faces, pouts -- hilarious.

Old 12-27-2017, 01:45 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,745,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Minded View Post
@ North Beach Person...

I actually do want to apologize to you if the election affected you that much.

It is just difficult for me to fathom people getting that surprised / upset by a political election.

I guess if poking fun at something actually causes someone actual damaging emotional pain, then it is wrong.

I think what has made so many on the right revel in rubbing peoples noses in what happened last year is the smugness of those we saw on TV (liberal reporters) leading up to the election.
Oh the smugness leftist showed when they were so sure, told the polls predicted a Hillary win was pathetic.

Old 12-27-2017, 04:14 PM

25,581 posts, read 17,298,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I remember elections back to 1972 when I first voted and.......................
I was THERE!

Oh, God! I stood in line and voted for Nixon, and then I got called for jury duty! I didn't vote again until John Kerry ran. Man, I just couldn't stand on the sidelines and watch that happen.

Old 12-27-2017, 04:18 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,637,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Minded View Post
Reliving the panic of Election Night 2016

"At Clinton's victory party, Rahim remembered people were "sobbing and literally couldn’t move because they were so distraught."

"People were throwing up. People were on the floor crying," Traister recollected.

On a train from Brooklyn, BuzzFeed News editor Shani O. Hilton observed "at least three people sitting by themselves, just weeping silently."

Separated from this hysteria by nearly one year, the relevant question seems to be whether these actors, and the many others who experienced election night with similar shock, have put themselves in a better position to understand what happens outside of Brooklyn, or to better understand, at least, why their certitude was so misplaced. Unfortunately, I think the sad truth is that most have not.?"

Lol

Good for a laugh
All those drugs surely take their toll on the human body. Maybe they should eat healthy and exercise more.

Old 12-27-2017, 04:29 PM

45,425 posts, read 60,608,674 times
Quote:
Comment makes no sense to me. And Clinton's first inaugural parade? In 1992???
You have to understand I was calling you classless and gave previous examples.

And, since you seem to revel in the loss of fairly good paying jobs, keep in mind that those "only" 80000 jobs in coal probably have a multiplier of 4 or 5 so the loss of them will directly impact another 300000+ jobs.

Old 12-27-2017, 05:18 PM

78,433 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
No one who voted for or supported Trump, will ever be taken seriously again. In fact, when he's deposed, it will be an amazing thing, how quickly most of them will try to forget what they did and will deny any connection to the devastation. It will be as hard to find someone who will admit to supporting him, as it was to find an avowed nazi in Germany, after June of 1945.
Deposed? Also a Nazi reference? All you're doing to the Trump supporters (and I'm not even one) is giving them reason to laugh at you.

Old 12-27-2017, 05:45 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,036,600 times
Trumpers are STILL going on about stuff that happened 13 months ago? Why? Why the obsession with the left and Hillary? Is that because you KNOW your boy Donny sucks, and you're either trying to deflect or hold on to the only fun thing left in your lives. We get it- trump won. Maybe a little more worry about how your boy is turning murica into a laughingstock, and less dwelling on 13 month old cheap thrills. Its getting to the point where you Trumpers will actually have to answer questions about your boys ineptitude with something other than " we beat Hillary"
That cards played out. Shame that's all you have to crow about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections