Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2018, 09:14 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,626,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by enraeh View Post
No matter what the democrats come up with, the only thing that their opponents will have to do is show a video of that illegal alien murderer walking free from that San Francisco courtroom.
Or perhaps an illustration of grown man peeing next to a little girl in the ladies restroom.
Or perhaps a pie chart showing how much taxpayer money obama gave to terrorist nations.
Or perhaps a parade of democrats and liberals who have committed sexual harassment against vulnerable women.
Or perhaps you get the idea.
And after all of that is shown, the DNC will claim it was "taken out of context" or it is part of the "vast right wing conspiracy"..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2018, 09:33 PM

32,075 posts, read 15,062,274 times
I find this thread very amusing. I don't think democrats even need to run on a platform. Trump has dug his own grave. And many who supported him are not likely to do so again. Yes, of course he has his core supporters but they aren't enough to get him reelected. Many democrats and independents voted for him because they couldn't stand Hillary. But they are tired of his rantings on twitter. Now we have sloppy Steve. They are tired of his lying. And he really doesn't care about our country, he only cares about winning. He's a joke and an embarrassment.

Old 01-06-2018, 11:00 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,458,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
They need a positive message. The pessimistic, poor me, I am a victim, message of cultural division, and hate Trump isn't going to fly.

How about letting single taxpayers keep more of their money and not just parents?

Old 01-06-2018, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiedog9 View Post
Repeal the tax cuts?
Reinstate DACA?
Lower the stock market?
Make America Cold Again?
Lol sounds like a real winner

Let childless taxpayers ($15/mo tax cut - seriously?) keep more of their own money instead of redistributing their income to parents (up to $1,400 free taxpayer money per child).

Old 01-06-2018, 11:12 PM

34,058 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Let childless taxpayers ($15/mo tax cut - seriously?) keep more of their own money instead of redistributing their income to parents (up to $1,400 free taxpayer money per child).
$15 is still a double digit percentage savings for them. ($15 month would be for Minimum wage McJob holders.)

In general, up to around 100k single, most people will end paying about 2 months less Federal Income tax annually.

That includes minimum wage earners, who paid very little to begin with.

PS: I am single, and looking forward to several hundred dollars less , each month, in Federal Income taxes. I also have more taken out weekly in such taxes than those with McJobs gross.

Old 01-06-2018, 11:25 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
There is no platform. Democratic policies in general just haven't been popular in the past decade. I mean, the proof is in the pudding; Republicans in control of Washington.

I just cant see this so-called "Blue Tsunami" Liberals are talking about that will obliterate Republicans in this years midterms.

Old 01-06-2018, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
$15 is still a double digit percentage savings for them. ($15 month would be for Minimum wage McJob holders.)

In general, up to around 100k single, most people will end paying about 2 months less Federal Income tax annually.

That includes minimum wage earners, who paid very little to begin with.

PS: I am single, and looking forward to several hundred dollars less , each month, in Federal Income taxes. I also have more taken out weekly in such taxes than those with McJobs gross.

$15/mo tax cut + $50/mo rent increase = did they get to keep more of their own money?

Old 01-06-2018, 11:36 PM

34,058 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
$15/mo tax cut + $50/mo rent increase = did they get to keep more of their own money?

$50 a month increase happens all the time. Would they be better off w/o the $15 to put towards the $50?

News Flash: Their focus should be on adding skills and training to get out of the McJobs tax bracket. That requires initiative. Millions of teens annually start at a McJob. Only 2.7% of the US population is earning minimum wage, though, so most of the workforce graduates past McJobs. As they should.

Old 01-07-2018, 06:33 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Do you not agree that Trump is doing his best to fulfill that? He has done a lot to eliminate the oppressive Obama era regulations on business..
Yes. The reason Trump won is many are sick of the rigged game, and business as usual in Washington DC.

Old 01-07-2018, 06:37 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,771,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
There is no platform. Democratic policies in general just haven't been popular in the past decade. I mean, the proof is in the pudding; Republicans in control of Washington.

I just cant see this so-called "Blue Tsunami" Liberals are talking about that will obliterate Republicans in this years midterms.
If you ignore data and reality, you have a point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections