Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2018, 03:56 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,295,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
This is exactly what I said before: Moderates and conservatives in the Democratic Party don't count! You are not going to listen. You're afraid that Nancy or Hillary will slip something in your coffee if you don't pull your weight.

Just look at the numbers. About half the Country voted for Trump. Then you break down the other half into thirds: one third liberal, one third moderate and one third conservative. To gain votes you turn your backs on Americans and count on illegal immigrants to cast enough votes to put you over the edge. I don't think you have the numbers. I don't think you will be anyplace close and, I hope, that you are in for a rude awakening! The next few years could be your Party's last stand.
I disagree with you, but you are entitled to your own delusions. Have a good night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2018, 04:44 PM

3,162 posts, read 2,214,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Just look at the numbers. About half the Country voted for Trump. Then you break down the other half into thirds: one third liberal, one third moderate and one third conservative. To gain votes you turn your backs on Americans and count on illegal immigrants to cast enough votes to put you over the edge. I don't think you have the numbers. I don't think you will be anyplace close and, I hope, that you are in for a rude awakening! The next few years could be your Party's last stand.
If those who voted against Trump break down to 1/3 liberal, 1/3 moderate and 1/3 conservative, how would you classify those who voted for Trump? Maybe the burden is indeed only on Democrats to attract more voters, and Trump will retain his supporters automatically. And if this is the Democratic party's last stand, are Republicans going to have one party domination from now on?

This is an interesting perspective, just not one that makes sense to some of us - even those who are rational enough to fully understand that Donald Trump is on track to complete his presidential term, and his removal from office would absolutely not lead to a coronation for Hillary Clinton.

Old 03-01-2018, 05:00 PM

4,512 posts, read 5,055,664 times
When Trump Runs Again in 2020, Will Dems Run Kooks?

Ya gotta go with what ya got !

Old 03-01-2018, 05:24 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,370,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Or will they run lunatic, fringe, left-wing kooks, who are all trying to out-hate each other on Trump, while insulting over half the voters in the process?
That's all the democrats have to run. They're outing Feinstein for not being liberal enough, the DNC is run by lunatic, fringe, left-wing kooks.

Old 03-01-2018, 05:53 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas75 View Post
If those who voted against Trump break down to 1/3 liberal, 1/3 moderate and 1/3 conservative, how would you classify those who voted for Trump? Maybe the burden is indeed only on Democrats to attract more voters, and Trump will retain his supporters automatically. And if this is the Democratic party's last stand, are Republicans going to have one party domination from now on?

This is an interesting perspective, just not one that makes sense to some of us - even those who are rational enough to fully understand that Donald Trump is on track to complete his presidential term, and his removal from office would absolutely not lead to a coronation for Hillary Clinton.
Trump pulled in Independents and Democrats - voters that wanted change. My feeling is that one of Hillary's biggest mistakes is when she started the "kook" movement by first calling us "Deplorables". She can blame Comey, Russians or whoever; but she disenfranchised half of America when she put down the working man. I know that Trump is no saint and does suffer from hoof-n-mouth from time to time. But he was down in the pits shaking hands while Hillary was sitting on the pedestal and looking down at working America. With that term deplorable came all the other insults - Nazis, racist, haters, uneducated, stupid and kooks (whatever the flavor is for that day).

I was a Democrat for most of my life and I know that not all Democrats are radical leftist. The half of the Country that voted for Hillary was broken into the thirds. Of course there were some Republicans and Independents; but not in the same numbers as what went the other way. As this year has progressed we still have the Democrats that are locked into the far left mentality with their leadership - but they are turning their backs on the moderates and conservatives still left in the Party. They will not even acknowledge that there is any position except the extreme left. I think one of the best lines ever by the Republicans was: Americans are dreamers too. I think that a lot of moderate and conservative Democrats heard that. Possibly they still hate Trump; but if they do not vote the far left cannot carry the next election on their own.

I really do not hate the Democrats; I just want them to put us first again. I am afraid they will never see the light until it is too late.

Old 03-02-2018, 01:39 AM

1,763 posts, read 2,047,727 times
i wouldn't be surprised if America makes the same mistake again in 2020.

If trump wins again, I'm going to go buy my first lotto ticket.
If lightning strikes twice, I might really become a gajillionaire.

Old 03-02-2018, 01:47 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,353,461 times
Any Dem "kook" will do, as long as it's a Dem female minority "kook". Identity politics, you know.

Old 03-02-2018, 01:53 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,353,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Just because the Republicans will run a big kook like Trump doesn't mean the Dems will. They didn't in 2016 and won't do so in 2020.
The DNC themselves were "kooks" for choosing Hillary in 2016. What were they thinking?

Old 03-02-2018, 02:22 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
The DNC themselves were "kooks" for choosing Hillary in 2016. What were they thinking?
They needed the money she could bring?

Old 03-02-2018, 03:54 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,270,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
So when Donald Trump runs for reelection, will the dems run a sensible, serious presidential candidate, with real ideas and mainstream appeal? Or will they run lunatic, fringe, left-wing kooks, who are all trying to out-hate each other on Trump, while insulting over half the voters in the process?

Trump taps Brad Parscale to run his 2020 re-election campaign

(CNN)President Donald Trump has hired Brad Parscale, the digital media director of his 2016 campaign, to run his 2020 campaign, a source with knowledge tells CNN.
It wouldn't surprise me if the democrats ran Karl Marx himself. Sure, the guy's been dead for 135 years, but as "Weekend At Bernie's" showed, it can be done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections