Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2018, 07:44 AM

88,979 posts, read 44,788,307 times

Advertisements

Trump: First female CIA Director. Obama had 8 years to do so, but didn't. Just sayin'...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2018, 06:54 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,139,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
OK - I'm a woman. Random thoughts on your sentence above (in no particular order):

1. Many women favor a strong economy, job creation, border security, the 2A, the makeup of the SC (presidents come and go but the SC justices live on long after a president is out of office), a strong military, a secure nation, orderly immigration. For many women THOSE are also womens issues.

2. "She is thinking, correctly, that........." Says who? Michelle Obama? You? I think she is thinking INcorrectly. And my opinion has just as much merit as yours (and hers) does. You didn't vote for Trump? Fine. I don't agree with your vote but it is a free country, we are free Americans, and we are allowed to vote for whoever we want to. I am a free American and can vote for Trump. You are a free American and can vote for whoever you want to. I don't agree with your vote. But I won't trash you for making that choice.

3. Trump haters (including Michelle Obama) have transitioned along the spectrum, from demonizing Trump and everything he stands for, to demonizing all those who put him in office. Some of you guys are so eat up with hate that you don't even see how eat up with hate you actually are. I can see it. I can feel it. I can smell it. Rather than influencing and shaming women in an attempt to change their vote and their support come the 2018 midterms (which is the goal) you are all shaming yourselves. You are not furthering your agenda. You are not changing minds or hearts. You are just reinforcing the decision we made back in 2016. I cannot tell you in strong enough terms how glad I am that Hillary Clinton is not the president of the United States.

As to your #1, no, no one would think that items like the military are women's issues. Women may take an interest, and I hope they do - but that's not the same thing.

As to your #2, also bizarre, I think that it would be generally agreed, even if you just pay attention to what's going on outside your head, most women do not look kindly on a man who has a history of being predatory toward women, and is against all the issues that normally women favor.

I am not talking - nor is anyone - about what whether you're "allowed" to vote for someone. I'm talking about basic common sense. You look to be deliberately twisting the issue.

As to your #3, no one has transitioned. Anti-Trump people have always been contemptuous both of him and those who put him in office. No, we're not shaming ourselves - I mean, apart from the embarrassment of living in a country that elected Trump. Those who should be ashamed are those who voted for a lying, bigoted, heartless, self-aggrandizing, money-grubbing ignoramus.

Old 05-24-2018, 10:45 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,705,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
As to your #1, no, no one would think that items like the military are women's issues. Women may take an interest, and I hope they do - but that's not the same thing.

As to your #2, also bizarre, I think that it would be generally agreed, even if you just pay attention to what's going on outside your head, most women do not look kindly on a man who has a history of being predatory toward women, and is against all the issues that normally women favor.

I am not talking - nor is anyone - about what whether you're "allowed" to vote for someone. I'm talking about basic common sense. You look to be deliberately twisting the issue.

As to your #3, no one has transitioned. Anti-Trump people have always been contemptuous both of him and those who put him in office. No, we're not shaming ourselves - I mean, apart from the embarrassment of living in a country that elected Trump. Those who should be ashamed are those who voted for a lying, bigoted, heartless, self-aggrandizing, money-grubbing ignoramus.
A leftist using stereotypes to argue in favor of another leftist using stereotypes to argue in favor of identity politics.

So, what should a "woman's issue" be? Are men allowed to be concerned with what you deem to be "women's issues" or should we be solely concerned with issues that you consider appropriate?

Old 05-25-2018, 08:20 AM

88,979 posts, read 44,788,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
A leftist using stereotypes to argue in favor of another leftist using stereotypes to argue in favor of identity politics.

So, what should a "woman's issue" be? Are men allowed to be concerned with what you deem to be "women's issues" or should we be solely concerned with issues that you consider appropriate?
HA! You read my mind!

Old 05-25-2018, 03:56 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,723,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
The only reason I care about the issue is because Republicans have long put Hillary down for staying with a cheating husband, yet never mention Melania or even Barbara Bush staying with George.

How is that for pointing out hypocrisy?

Why has Melania stayed with Donald? Why did Barbara Bush stay with George?

Money? Lifestyle? Politics? Low self esteem? Please weigh in as you have with Hillary.
By Hillary viciously going after the "women" involved in the affairs while not holding Bill just as responsible Hillary implied that cheating on a wife was acceptable and affairs were solely the fault of the other woman. Hillary who had the opportunity to steer societal acceptance against cheating but instead cowered and clung... and a cheating men remained a nothing burger.

Hillary always intended to run for president but it's obvious she felt she couldn't do it without being on Bills arm. Although she claims to be for women's rights, her actions were the opposite of her words.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections