Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2018, 09:05 AM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 10 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,605,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Racists exist and and always will.

But what does one say when an avowed white supremacist wins a N.C. GOP state primary by a 2/3 margin? What does that say about that area he ran in?

I'm truly shocked that there are still people who would actually think and support a person like that. He's worse than David Duke!
At least Illinois has some other state to share the shame with (it too has a congressional district with a white supremacist GOP nominee). Even Louisiana due to it's 1991 Gubenatorial race (thankfully La had the good sense to "Vote for the Crook" because it WAS important!).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2018, 09:58 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,050,620 times
Quote:

But what does one say when an avowed white supremacist wins a N.C. GOP state primary by a 2/3 margin? What does that say about that area he ran in?

I'm truly shocked that there are still people who would actually think and support a person like that. He's worse than David Duke!

https://twitter.com/Newsweek/status/1012348662419206145
The 2/3 margin you keep crying about equals 824 votes, the incumbent Democrat got over 27,000 votes in the last election and he will win again without question. The NC GOP didn't support this candidate, he got no endorsements and he stands no chance whatsoever of winning anything.

The real point here is that a racist old nut job ran for office on the GOP ticket in a district that is overwhelmingly Democrat and African American. Now people on the left like yourself are jumping at the chance of being dishonest and making it sound like the GOP ran some racist candidate and he got a ton of support, neither of which are even remotely true.

Stop being a liar.

Old 07-08-2018, 10:01 AM

61,286 posts, read 87,483,906 times
Why is it when I vote—I Get called names or maybe even get beat up for wearing stuff that identifies my party
But you dead people get to vote 4 times and you are called champions of social justice
In the old days they did not call you social justice champions- in Germany they they called you brown shirts

Old 07-08-2018, 10:45 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,603,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
The 2/3 margin you keep crying about equals 824 votes, the incumbent Democrat got over 27,000 votes in the last election and he will win again without question. The NC GOP didn't support this candidate, he got no endorsements and he stands no chance whatsoever of winning anything.

The real point here is that a racist old nut job ran for office on the GOP ticket in a district that is overwhelmingly Democrat and African American. Now people on the left like yourself are jumping at the chance of being dishonest and making it sound like the GOP ran some racist candidate and he got a ton of support, neither of which are even remotely true.

Stop being a liar.
First of all I'm not "on the left", and never have been. The question is, how did any vetting that should have occurred even let this guy run, and more so, why was HE the one that most of the GOP voters choose? Yes, the GOP did disconnect from him, but remember, 824 people voted for the racist.

And I am not a liar. I am telling the truth. He won the GOP primary.

Old 07-08-2018, 07:32 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,911,312 times
Quote:
First of all I'm not "on the left", and never have been. The question is, how did any vetting that should have occurred even let this guy run, and more so, why was HE the one that most of the GOP voters choose? Yes, the GOP did disconnect from him, but remember, 824 people voted for the racist.

And I am not a liar. I am telling the truth. He won the GOP primary.
I think a lot of people go to the primary to vote on just a single issue or office and just vote for whatever name sounds best on the other offices. Walker is less ethnic sounding than his opponent and I remember years ago around Houston when a Larouche candidate named Jones beat out a reputable Democrat with an ethnic surname. Yes, that reason is a bit racist too. Is it an open primary state? If so, it ain’t inconceivable Democrats voted for Walker to embarrass the GOP

Old 07-08-2018, 08:04 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,282,293 times
The Democrats are not too far away.....Al Sharpton is champion in the Democrat party and he is one of the biggest racist and bomb thrower racial agitator in the country.

You had a sitting President, President Obama said of Sharpton in the W.H. "the voice of the voiceless and a champion for the downtrodden" and invited many times in the W.H. and gave him a platform. MSNBC gave him a job. He is always invited as a speaker at every Democratic convention for the past 14 years.

in a Quinnipiac University poll in 2014, 25% of New York City voters said Al Sharpton is the most important black leader in NYC.

49% of NYC residents see Al Sharpton as a positive force compared to 40% who view him as a negative force.

Black Democrats in Congress embraced and invited several times to Congress Farrakhan and one of those was Obama when he was a U.S. Senator.

you have many black racists and racial agitators in public office in Chicago, Detroit, Baltimore, D.C. and Los Angeles....Maxine Waters is another racist agitator who is re-elected over and over in her district in L.A. by wide margins.

and don't get me started with LA RAZA and other racists Latinos in office where Latinos are the majority like in parts of Los Angeles and other cities.

so before you come with your selective outrage at least at least be consistent with everybody on both sides.

Old 07-08-2018, 08:18 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,541,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
At the same time, a member of the the Charlotte city council, a Democrat, has called the police terrorists and says that 9/11 was fake. This is the largest urban area in NC. Why hasn't the Democrat party dropped support for her?
Is she on the ballot this year? Seriuos question, because although I don't think she is, I'm not sure either

Old 07-08-2018, 09:02 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,378,870 times
Quote:

https://twitter.com/Newsweek/status/1012348662419206145
What did it say about the Democrats when they elected a KKK leader for 50 years? If he hadn't died they'd STILL be electing him. There is a statue of him in the US Capital, and yet no liberal has demanded it be turn down. Funny how it isn't an issue to liberals when they do it.

Old 07-08-2018, 10:32 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,603,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
What did it say about the Democrats when they elected a KKK leader for 50 years? If he hadn't died they'd STILL be electing him. There is a statue of him in the US Capital, and yet no liberal has demanded it be turn down. Funny how it isn't an issue to liberals when they do it.
You know, most of us failed mind-reading a long time ago. Want to give us a hint of what your are referring to?

Old 07-08-2018, 11:43 PM

609 posts, read 304,163 times
LOL at normstad still trying to forcememe this thread. No one cares normstad. You don't even care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections