Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2018, 10:40 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Yeah, the way every other previous nominee is supposed to shut up? Nope this is a Hillary-only demand and she doesn't give a flying fig what you want. She's a private citizen who is free to express her opinion on world events just like the rest of us. Ignore her if you aren't interested in what she has to say, but it's very, very clear that the Right is completely obsessed.

So.

Why can't we express our Opinion about Hillary, a politician, in a topic without being questioned about it? (in this case the very strong rumor that she might run again)

That's the standard you just set.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2018, 10:49 AM

2,805 posts, read 3,255,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
So.

Why can't we express our Opinion about Hillary, a politician, in a topic without being questioned about it? (in this case the very strong rumor that she might run again)

That's the standard you just set.
Because those on the left like to shut everyone up they do not agree with, they cannot handle the truth, so they either ignore it or tell others not to post about it, their way of ignoring it.

It is all over just about every news that Hillary is going to try to run (crawl) again, so what is it with the left on here, embarrassed by it too much to see it posted about.

Do a google search, it is a wll know conclusion by just about everyone that Hillary is going to try to run again
Hillary run in 2020

Old 07-15-2018, 10:57 AM

25,575 posts, read 17,293,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Yeah, the way every other previous nominee is supposed to shut up? Nope this is a Hillary-only demand and she doesn't give a flying fig what you want. She's a private citizen who is free to express her opinion on world events just like the rest of us. Ignore her if you aren't interested in what she has to say, but it's very, very clear that the Right is completely obsessed.
Call it an obsession if you want. Up to you.
For my part I intend to keep talking about her and make sure everyone understands she is still a threat to America. The election of 2016 was a near miss. Obama, Clinton, and Co. nearly got their way. We'll need every bit of 8 years to reverse the damage done, we need a Democrat figure head, and we have selected her.

Old 07-15-2018, 07:30 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Call it an obsession if you want. Up to you.
For my part I intend to keep talking about her and make sure everyone understands she is still a threat to America. The election of 2016 was a near miss. Obama, Clinton, and Co. nearly got their way. We'll need every bit of 8 years to reverse the damage done, we need a Democrat figure head, and we have selected her.
The bolded is precisely it.

People who want Republicans gone don't want issues discussed or people identified that might rally Republicans or right leaning/right influenced voters.

Old 07-15-2018, 07:36 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
Yeah, but Bill was young and charismatic and good looking. Hillary isn't (an understatement if there ever was one).

Old 07-16-2018, 02:04 AM

2,805 posts, read 3,255,171 times
Fear not, your female president is coming. I can see in my mind the heads exploding.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	83
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	200069

Old 07-16-2018, 07:03 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lee View Post
Fear not, your female president is coming. I can see in my mind the heads exploding.

Attachment 200069

That is what I have been saying all along. She is the only one being groomed for the position. All the rest are playing hate and blame games. Everything she does is carefully scripted and every outfit/pose seems like it is hand selected by the best editors or she is simply a genius at displaying her attributes. Her personal positions are more middle ground and could easily be embraced by the public no matter what Party she would decide to run for.

I have no crush on the woman as many have accused me of; I am simply looking at how potential candidates are being prepared. The far left has no idea what they will embrace that will appeal to the majority of the voters. Many times they simply come off as an "I hate America" crowd.

Old 07-16-2018, 07:10 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
That is what I have been saying all along. She is the only one being groomed for the position. All the rest are playing hate and blame games. Everything she does is carefully scripted and every outfit/pose seems like it is hand selected by the best editors or she is simply a genius at displaying her attributes. Her personal positions are more middle ground and could easily be embraced by the public no matter what Party she would decide to run for.

I have no crush on the woman as many have accused me of; I am simply looking at how potential candidates are being prepared. The far left has no idea what they will embrace that will appeal to the majority of the voters. Many times they simply come off as an "I hate America" crowd.
Universal Health Care = I hate America?

Better access to higher education = I hate America?

A rise in the minimum wage = I hate America?

I think you have your values mixed up.

Old 07-16-2018, 07:52 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Universal Health Care = I hate America?

Better access to higher education = I hate America?

A rise in the minimum wage = I hate America?

I think you have your values mixed up.

Not at all!

Universal Health Care: We pay for everybody else!

Better access to higher education: We pay for everybody that cannot afford it or refuses to work for it!

A rise in the minimum wage: You allow illegal immigrants to take the jobs you want to raise!

Now what will you do for the American taxpayer?

Old 07-16-2018, 08:07 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Not at all!

Universal Health Care: We pay for everybody else!

Better access to higher education: We pay for everybody that cannot afford it or refuses to work for it!

A rise in the minimum wage: You allow illegal immigrants to take the jobs you want to raise!

Now what will you do for the American taxpayer?
Many without health care are taxpayers. Many taxpayers can not afford higher education. Nobody really wants to address the illegal issue. Bernie supported enforcing the borders.

Trump talks big but we are not doing anything different.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...cilities-belo/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections