Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe Obama when he says he sat in the pew for 23 years and never heard/read about any hate
Yes, I believe Obama 100%. He never heard/read about any hate for 23 years and didn't know about Wright and Farrakahan. 11 14.29%
No, The guy is a LIAR. Come on!! 23 years and you are THAT blind to all the hate??!? 59 76.62%
I don't know / not sure. 7 9.09%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 12:34 PM

1,617 posts, read 2,638,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiemeister View Post
You hit the nail on the head Winnie... people need to start using their own brains rather than buying into the Wrights and Hagees of the world. Amen!
If this is the case then WHY is any of this still an issue?

Apparently, since Obama has not said anything remotely close to what Wright has said on the various YouTube postings it's obvious that he has used his own brain instead of buying into Rev. Wright's sermon (if he even was in the audience that day).

The same goes for McCain as well. Obviously he used his brain and realized that he does not agree with Hagee's message.

Last edited by jlhct; 04-02-2008 at 12:55 PM.. Reason: Spelling

Old 04-02-2008, 12:48 PM

440 posts, read 329,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlhct View Post
If this is the case then WHY is any of this still an issue?

Apparently, since Obama has not said anything remotely close to what Wright has said on the various YouTube postings it's obvious that he has used his own brain instead of buying into Rev. Wright's sermon (if he even was in the audience that day).

The same goes fro McCain as well. Obviously he used his brain and realized that he does not agree with Hagee's message.
Don't waste your breath. I'm sure it's obvious to you that those who pretend that what Rev. Wright said isn't true think that if they whine about it long enough, pretty soon people will start to believe Obama is racist and hateful. They can't find anything negative on Obama so they perpetually use the reverand's sermons as excuses for their fear of a black man becoming POTUS.

Old 04-02-2008, 12:51 PM

236 posts, read 615,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun2Day View Post

It is a simple question: do you believe that Obama attended a church for 23 consecutive years and NOT ONE TIME, did he hear (or read in the church newsletter) Jeremiah Wright spill hateful, anti-American, racists rants???

America itself is racist,therefore in certain instances denouncing American policies is denouncing racism

Old 04-02-2008, 01:04 PM

2,684 posts, read 6,888,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lioninaconcretejungle View Post
America itself is racist,
No way, I don't buy it. In no other country on Earth would someone belonging to a minority group representing 12% of the country come even close to the highest office in the land.

If anything America is too easy on minoritys through affirmitive action, preferential scholarships, etc. I don't there is a person of color in the country who couldn't go to college free if they wanted to.

Old 04-02-2008, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinFromBoise View Post
At what point does that stop being mine and other tax payers' problem, and become their problem.

.... There is not one white American still alive that had any active role in creating a slave state. ....You'd think three generations after the civil rights act was passed, at least some self improvement would have taken place. But sadly, these areas have gotten worse...... so the black community doesn't have to take any responsibility for the current state of Black america.

Quote:

A young, white, male high school graduate with a felony conviction applies in person for entry level jobs as a driver, a dishwasher, a laborer, warehouse worker and production worker that are advertised in the newspaper and admits to employers that he served 18 months in prison for possession of cocaine with intent to sell.

A young black man with similar education, work history and style of presentation, but with no criminal record, applies for the same jobs.

Who do you think is more likely to be called back?

If you picked the white man with the felony conviction, you guessed right.

This study offers evidence that discrimination remains a major factor in the economic lives of black men, and highlights the fear and misunderstanding of black males that permeate the local job market.

Devah Pager, a sociologist at Northwestern University in Evanston, Ill., sent equally matched pairs of testers - two black and two white - to apply for low-skilled jobs at 350 places of employment in the Milwaukee area and found that white ex-offenders were more likely to be called back for an interview than black applicants who had no criminal record.

"It's as if there's a concerted effort to keep black men from getting employment, to keep them oppressed," says Wells, former president of the League of Martin, an organization of black Milwaukee police officers.

"We say we want to reintegrate individuals into the community. We say that we want to do something about unemployment in the black community, yet we want to pretend that it's a criminal record that prevents blacks from getting jobs. It's blatant, undisputed, racism," he says.
Study Shows How Deeply Black Men Face Discrimination In Hiring

Keep em unemployed/underemployed,place the blame on them,and continue to lock em up.(after hundreds of years of slavery,state sponsered terrorism,etc) All the while acting as if you are not at fault whatsoever,or aknowledging fault for past oppression yet ignoring/sugar coating the oppression of today.

Ridiculous.Thats the racist,untrue train of thought shared by all of these people calling Rev Wright a ''racist'' for pointing out America's racism.The only people who deny America's blatent oppression are delusional,racist white Americans.Everyone else in the world knows its true.

Old 04-02-2008, 01:16 PM

Quote:
No way, I don't buy it. In no other country on Earth would someone belonging to a minority group representing 12% of the country come even close to the highest office in the land.

If anything America is too easy on minoritys through affirmitive action, preferential scholarships, etc. I don't there is a person of color in the country who couldn't go to college free if they wanted to.

You are delusional.Racism is rampant in America,from coast to coast,state to state.Many of these racists may not be KKK members or Nazis,but they sure wont treat a black man who walks into thier establishment seeking work,or shows up in thier courtrooms,or happens to drive by them as they sit in thier squad car,the same way they would treat him if his skin color was diffrent.Many of the people voting for Obama have deeply inbedded,sub conscious type racist views.They may not want to acknowledge them,they may be ashamed of them,etc,but they are still there.Much like Obamas grandmother who was a racist although she cared for her grandchild.Thats what happens when a people are dehuminized and demonized to justify the oppression of them for hundreds of years.These feelings and thoughts don't just go away because of some Civil Rights Acts.

Old 04-02-2008, 01:18 PM

2,684 posts, read 6,888,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lioninaconcretejungle View Post

Keep em unemployed/underemployed,place the blame on them,and continue to lock em up.(after hundreds of years of slavery,state sponsered terrorism,etc) All the while acting as if you are not at fault whatsoever,or aknowledging fault for past oppression yet ignoring/sugar coating the oppression of today.
I am not at fault, I never have been at fault, nothing I have ever done has in any way hurt a black person, kept one from getting a job, or forcing one to do anything. My family arrived in America years and years after slavery was abolished. So my ansestors are not at fault for anything. I refuse to think of myself or America in general as racists. Slavery ended 150 years ago, how long before people move on with their lives?

Lock em up? Well I agree drug offenders should not be locked up, I do think violent offenders should regardless of race. Is it my fault that proportionatly more black men are convicted of violent crimes than whites? Should we now practice affirmitive action in prison also?

What is this state sponsored terrorism against blacks you speak of? Tax payer funded housing? More federal aid to students that belong to minority groups? Racial preference in government jobs, and contracting? If you can demonstrate an instance of state sponsored terror against blacks in the last 20 years, I will concede.

Old 04-02-2008, 01:19 PM

1,774 posts, read 2,809,578 times
Quote:

Racism exists....but skills and intelligence outpace hidden racism

Old 04-02-2008, 01:21 PM

By the way Im a person of color and I dont go to college free.Tell me how I can get my student loans wiped away,mister people of color have it so easy?

Old 04-02-2008, 01:28 PM

1,774 posts, read 2,809,578 times
Quote:
I am not at fault, I never have been at fault, nothing I have ever done has in any way hurt a black person, kept one from getting a job, or forcing one to do anything. My family arrived in America years and years after slavery was abolished. So my ansestors are not at fault for anything. I refuse to think of myself or America in general as racists. Slavery ended 150 years ago, how long before people move on with their lives?

Lock em up? Well I agree drug offenders should not be locked up, I do think violent offenders should regardless of race. Is it my fault that proportionatly more black men are convicted of violent crimes than whites? Should we now practice affirmitive action in prison also?

What is this state sponsored terrorism against blacks you speak of? Tax payer funded housing? More federal aid to students that belong to minority groups? Racial preference in government jobs, and contracting? If you can demonstrate an instance of state sponsored terror against blacks in the last 20 years, I will concede.

You clearly indicate that you are white by these conversations but for some reason you think you know so muchhhhhh that has to do with African-Americans and affirmative actions and this and that......clearly ignorant don't have a single clue of what is going on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections