Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2018, 02:28 PM

9,403 posts, read 14,353,080 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
The demographics of Florida are shifting in the Democrat's favor, and eventually, Dems will outnumber Republicans and Independents in Florida due to population inflows ... ebb and flow ... test [of] time ...
They too will grow old and spend their last breaths trying to conserve life ... and in the end fail ... just like everybody else.

Good policy is putting in the hands of young people, as soon as appropriate, and making them responsible for income-producing assets - not stupid pie-in-the-sky consumption-center home-debtorship on borrowed money masquerading as investment - but real businesses and production-center assets, enjoying the fruits of successful risk-taking and dealing with the consequences of failure on their own.

That's how one conserves life for the next generation, otherwise it's mob rule and destruction.

Too many examples from history to point to.

Good Luck!

Last edited by bale002; 10-09-2018 at 03:04 PM..

Old 10-09-2018, 03:30 PM

15 posts, read 9,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
What will sink Rick "Red Tide" Scott is the environment.

I have said this before but our state environment is not a partisan issue.
Not to mention Rick Scott MADE 770 MILLION DOLLARS WHILE IN OFFICE. And the fact he took the 5th 75 times.

Let's face it, Rick Scott is ONLY in it for his own sake and not Florida's and Nelson is an old muddy-duddy.

However that said, I'll take the guy who's not looking to make a buck on the lives of my children. Nelson isn't ideal, but he'll listen MORE to his constituents than (obviously) Rick Scott.
I voted for Rick the first time; not again though. He's really caused irreparable damage to our state. I'm truly shocked by his lack of concern over how much the eco-system has been damaged by his policies (or lack thereof) and greed.

Who are you guys thinking of voting for?

Last edited by HappyFamilyHere; 10-09-2018 at 04:23 PM..

Old 10-09-2018, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
You must be dreaming because Venezuelans need to "immigrate" to the US from Trump's self proclaimed "sh*thole" countries.
Venezuelans also have to be citizens or residents before they can vote.

Puerto Ricans in Florida after hurricane Maria now number 1.1 Million and US citizens & they won't forget this :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEe7_zgZbuI

You also seem to forget that Rick Scott despite pouring millions of dollars from his own pockets has won by only 1% of the vote in all of his elections.

Nelson is a Floridian and Scott is a carpetbagger thief from Illinois.
No sh*t, Rick Scott isn't even FROM FLORIDA? How did I not know that when I voted for him the first time???

Old 10-09-2018, 03:54 PM

11,610 posts, read 10,484,701 times
Quote:
Trumps popularity is at 51% nationally, and has been climbing of late, so Scott's alignment with Trump appears to be wise at this point in time, but of couse, that can change with a single Tweet.
Trump's national approval rating remains well below 50 percent.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...roval-ratings/

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trum...ropped-1158786

Interestingly, a recent poll found that Trump's approval rating in Florida has fallen well below the national average.

Donald Trump approval rating dips in Florida - Sun Sentinel

I wonder if the state's environmental woes are beginning to weigh on man-made climate change deniers, especially Trump, the denier-in-chief. If so, Scott may experience a surprise November thrashing. The influx of Puerto Rican voters also likely won't benefit any candidates closely tied to Trump.

Old 10-09-2018, 03:59 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,359,987 times
Quote:
Rick Scott won the Republican primary in 2010. Scott then went on to win the Govenorship later that year running as a Tea Party Republican. In 2014, he ran for another term. In his 2nd primary, he crushed his opponents. He won re-election in 2014.

He has a strong record of winning primary's and elections over an 8 year time frame. Most people like what he stands for, and have voted for him repeatedly.
I voted before for Scott. Voting gillum/Nelson this time.

Congressional Republicans have not been a check and balance on trump, and Rick Scott has let Florida's environment flounder for years now and simply would be a rubber stamp for trump in the Senate

Old 10-09-2018, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Rick Scott won the Republican primary in 2010. Scott then went on to win the Govenorship later that year running as a Tea Party Republican. In 2014, he ran for another term. In his 2nd primary, he crushed his opponents. He won re-election in 2014.

He has a strong record of winning primary's and elections over an 8 year time frame. Most people like what he stands for, and have voted for him repeatedly.

Those of you who dislike Governor Scott, and his Tea Party policies, have been in the minority for 8 years now, so I can see how frustrating that must be for you. Trumps popularity is at 51% nationally, and has been climbing of late, so Scott's alignment with Trump appears to be wise at this point in time, but of couse, that can change with a single Tweet.

While HCA did have to repay the Goverment $600M for their wrongdoings, none of that was directly tied to Rick Scott, or he'd be in jail. He resigned nontheless accepting indirect responsibility, then went on to win 2 Primary's and 2 Elections, so I dont think the majority of Floridians agree with any of you that he is corrupt. His election results support my claim.

The demographics of Florida are shifting in the Democrat's favor, and eventually, Dems will outnumber Republicans and Independents in Florida due to population inflows. This election will test if that time has finally come, or not.

The Democrat party has been losing a lot of elections for a number of years now at every level of Government, and with the Gorsuch and Kavanaugh appointments I realize how frustrating that must be for Dems.

Conservatives just experienced the same level of frustration in the years just prior to the Tea Party movement changing the dynamic. Then, after the Conservatives started winning elections again, we had to fight the Republicans to honor the Conservative agenda. The Kavanaugh confirmation process helped heal that divide to a great extent.

Politics ebb and flow left and right. Lets remember we are all Americans, and that comes first. When Obama won, as a Conservative, I supported him as our President. When I disagreed with his policies, I refrained from disparaging our President, and went by the old phrase if you don't have something nice to say, stay quiet. I stayed quiet out of patriotism.

We have a free Country, and we have free speech, so people do not have to refrain as I chose to. If Nelson wins, I'll support him, and continue to practice my patriotism by not disparaging him. If I disagree with his policies, I'll write my Congressman, and respectfully speak out against his policies and offer alternative solutions if I feel it might have a positive impact.

I'd love to see record turnouts for this election cycle. The number of Americans who do not vote upsets me.
WHAT ARE YOU ON? DRUGS????? : smack::s mack::ee k::ee k::ham d:

Old 10-09-2018, 04:22 PM

Quote:
When Obama won, as a Conservative, I supported him as our President. When I disagreed with his policies, I refrained from disparaging our President, and went by the old phrase if you don't have something nice to say, stay quiet. I stayed quiet out of patriotism.
Do you seriously think we believe you? Like me, if you have a new profile, no one can believe you until you have the HISTORY to prove it.

Old 10-09-2018, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
I voted before for Scott. Voting gillum/Nelson this time.

Congressional Republicans have not been a check and balance on trump, and Rick Scott has let Florida's environment flounder for years now and simply would be a rubber stamp for trump in the Senate
Me too! I'm really not in the mood to go to war AGAIN. No offense, but I truly feel Trump is going to get us into an unwinnable won and this time it will be on US SOIL.

Old 10-09-2018, 04:32 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,301,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFamilyHere View Post
No sh*t, Rick Scott isn't even FROM FLORIDA? How did I not know that when I voted for him the first time???
We had no choice in that election--a number of people skipped the whole thing. I may be guilty of that. I hated them both as many did.

Alex Sink vs. Rick Scott? No choice. He won by a half of a percentage point. It's like he got elected accidentally. Rick Scott will give Trump whatever he wants--he is not going to go against him to look out for Florida environmentally, or in regard to Medicare or any health insurance at all. He's like Trump--rich guy looking out for his own interests.

We need people who actually care about this state, as many of us have lived here a long time--we're not just passing through. Bad policies affect us.

I don't see that Scott has helped Floridians much. He cut Medicaid, he's cut the staff necessary to run the State Department, he does not believe in science and couldn't care less about Florida's future and the environment, he's not even likeable. My respect for him went down further watching him act like Trump's valet. It's creepy.

Old 10-09-2018, 06:47 PM

15,881 posts, read 14,529,165 times
Having a cop in the school didn't either. Schools are the ultimate soft target.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Ccw didn't help those at parkland, or Vegas
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections