Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2018, 11:19 PM

23,175 posts, read 12,315,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Election workers verify them by comparing them to the signature on their registration. If there is a mismatch they notify the voter.

Visually? That's ridiculous. With tens of thousands of ballots that leaves them what, a second to make a decision? And are they are trained handwriting experts?

Sounds like a system quite susceptible to fraud. And what happens if there is a mismatch and voter says nope, not me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2018, 11:25 PM

42,885 posts, read 26,490,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Visually? That's ridiculous. With tens of thousands of ballots that leaves them what, a second to make a decision? And are they are trained handwriting experts?

Sounds like a system quite susceptible to fraud. And what happens if there is a mismatch and voter says nope, not me?
They do the same thing in Florida, and no, it's not perfect but I'm not in charge ok? If I was, voters would use a personal pin # like on your debit card or a fingerprint that could electronically be compared to one on file.

If the voter says it's not their signature they discard the ballot - I'm not sure what you thought they would do

Old 12-04-2018, 11:39 PM

23,175 posts, read 12,315,082 times
Quote:
They do the same thing in Florida, and no, it's not perfect but I'm not in charge ok? If I was, voters would use a personal pin # like on your debit card or a fingerprint that could electronically be compared to one on file.

If the voter says it's not their signature they discard the ballot - I'm not sure what you thought they would do

I'm not blaming you. I asked because you worked with them. I was really hoping to hear that they at least used automatic signature verification software like Parascript. My own signature varies quite a bit. When I have to sign a couple dozen times consecutively, the last one looks not much like the first one. Some people use a squiggly line for a signature. Freehand print would be better. And if I had a sample of a signature I could reproduce it well enough to fool most people untrained in it.

I'm down with fingerprint verification - it's done in many countries. Democrats would fight it tooth and nail as "voter suppression".

Now I am more opposed to absentee voting than ever. So there is no penalty for trying and failing? Let's submit 100 forged ballots and if 10 get kicked out, so what? Btw, about how many of these do get kicked out?

And this whole ballot harvesting has got to go. The chain of custody makes it too susceptible to fraud. It's just wrong to be knocking on the door soliciting for an actual ballot, and only the doors that vote a certain way.

Old 12-05-2018, 08:00 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,122,119 times
Quote:
Election workers verify them by comparing them to the signature on their driver's license or voter registration.
Are you freakin' kidding me?

Old 12-05-2018, 08:36 AM

16,768 posts, read 8,750,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
LOL just look at California, where six Republicans held substantial leads on election night, only to have all of them lose after days of truckloads of "absentee" ballots were dumped off. That's because November is harvest time in CA. And forget the pumpkins.

Thank CA's AB-1921, quietly signed into law by Gov. Moonbeam. "Granny farming" and collecting of pre-completed ballots at its best. And now Dems are trying to overturn Arizona's law against ballot harvesting. Gee, I wonder why?

Check out the Ring-recorded video of "Lulu," a CA ballot harvester, "offering a new service" to pick up ballots. But only if they're voting for Democrats.

Wake up, sheeple.

https://www.dailycaller.com/2018/12/...ornia-dems-gop
Some moderate Democrats have a desire to prevent illegal voting/harvesting, but many do not so long as it helps them win.
Since CA is full of leftist (D's) they are not likely to try and do anything to stop it since they run the entire state.
I suspect some type of lawsuit will be needed to show the folly of their system, which even 3rd world countries do not allow.

`

Old 12-05-2018, 10:12 AM

10,512 posts, read 5,197,167 times
Why is it when conservatives lose they attack the election process?

It's nothing more than WHINING.

How about updating and changing your positions and platforms so your candidates appeal to more people? You know, EARN your election victories the old fashioned way -- by connecting with voters instead of turning them off.

Old 12-06-2018, 08:23 AM
mlb

4,971 posts, read 4,468,345 times
https://www.rollcall.com/news/politi...rris-operative

Republican operatives paid people to harvest ballots in NC.

All that talk about voter suppression? When they were doing it all along.

Old 12-06-2018, 08:29 AM
mlb

4,971 posts, read 4,468,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post

More than one person makes that decision. I have actually been present when the signatures come through. They are most often very close.

They are adjudicated if not.... and the voter has a chance to verify and re-vote.

There's plenty of ways to commit fraud in elections. REpublicans have shown with all their blather about immigrants voting (not possible) - they are the ones subverting the system - by paying for the harvesting of votes in NC.

Ironic, eh?

We need to make it easier for people to vote securely. And for those who think early voting is a bad thing? You must not have a job or children or other major responsibilities in life.

Get a life.

Old 12-07-2018, 10:18 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,122,119 times
Quote:
In every critical area—voter identification, voter registration, duplicate voting, absentee ballots, ineligible voting, ballot custody, ballot destruction, counterfeit ballots, voting machine tampering—gaping holes exist that invite systemic fraud. But so what? How relevant is voter fraud, if the entire system is already rigged to favor one party over the other?

Come to California to see what’s going to roll out across America in time to guarantee a progressive landslide in 2020. It may be perfectly legal. But it’s so rigged it would make Boss Tweed blush.

Commentary: California's Rigged Election Process Is Coming To America - Tennessee Star

Old 12-07-2018, 10:47 AM

42,885 posts, read 26,490,125 times
That article is just sour grapes from a disgruntled Republican operative. He calls mail in ballots "harvested", really? Get over it, Republicans in California lost because they voted for Trump's tax plan and to kill the ACA. It's how Dean Heller lost his senate seat in Nevada which isn't all that blue of a state. Republicans need to take this election to heart and realize that if they want to win a majority again they need to quit embracing everything Trump does or says.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections