Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2018, 01:57 PM

25,827 posts, read 20,767,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Saw it on the news. 2000-2015 - every "recount" swung in the Ds favor.

Regarding the creep Franken, as I recall he was the deciding vote on a number of important national and international votes, so I will never forgive Dems for stealing my vote and pissing on my rights as a citizen and tarnishing my faith in this "democracy" forever.
How convenient.

Someone needs better sources.

As for Franken, if that bothered you but Gore didn't, well, someone's got some serious blinders on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2018, 08:17 PM

13,485 posts, read 7,478,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Absentee ballots are rife with fraud. Look at what happened in Florida.

Voting should be tied to your SS # and you should get an email when your vote is counted.
Show me the proof again no one is complaining about tax returns being "Rife with Fraud" how long have you been mailing those in. Now we have electronic filing which is what I do seems to me a tax return is far more valuable to criminals then someone attempting to change the outcome of an election. Do you show up in person at the IRS building in Washington and personally hand someone your tax return I doubt it? Are you concerned about a tax return after you mail it in if they send you an email they got it. I get one with electronic filing. Maybe we should have electronic voting people will scream it will be hacked.

Old 11-27-2018, 08:41 PM

23,175 posts, read 12,315,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Show me the proof again no one is complaining about tax returns being "Rife with Fraud" how long have you been mailing those in. Now we have electronic filing which is what I do seems to me a tax return is far more valuable to criminals then someone attempting to change the outcome of an election. Do you show up in person at the IRS building in Washington and personally hand someone your tax return I doubt it? Are you concerned about a tax return after you mail it in if they send you an email they got it. I get one with electronic filing. Maybe we should have electronic voting people will scream it will be hacked.

Goofy analogy, tax returns are linked conclusively to a specific person. They can be audited, even years later.

Old 11-27-2018, 09:06 PM
mlb

4,971 posts, read 4,467,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Goofy analogy, tax returns are linked conclusively to a specific person. They can be audited, even years later.
Guess what - ballots are tracked too. So you don't vote twice.

Linked to specific voters.

How do you think they can communicate with the voter if they cannot tell the original intent of the vote - or if the signature doesn't match what's on file.

The only thing they don't know is HOW you voted.

I know this because I am a retired election official.

Old 11-29-2018, 11:07 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,314,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb View Post
Guess what - ballots are tracked too. So you don't vote twice.

Linked to specific voters.

How do you think they can communicate with the voter if they cannot tell the original intent of the vote - or if the signature doesn't match what's on file.

The only thing they don't know is HOW you voted.

I know this because I am a retired election official.
Yep, lots of tracking. I get texts when my ballot is printed, when it's put in the mail, and when it's been received back and accepted for counting. Because we have early and mail in voting, I would have time to report and fix a discrepancy such as being informed my ballot was accepted if I hadn't received it and dropped it off myself.

Old 12-01-2018, 08:09 PM

36,753 posts, read 14,893,301 times
LOL just look at California, where six Republicans held substantial leads on election night, only to have all of them lose after days of truckloads of "absentee" ballots were dumped off. That's because November is harvest time in CA. And forget the pumpkins.

Thank CA's AB-1921, quietly signed into law by Gov. Moonbeam. "Granny farming" and collecting of pre-completed ballots at its best. And now Dems are trying to overturn Arizona's law against ballot harvesting. Gee, I wonder why?

Check out the Ring-recorded video of "Lulu," a CA ballot harvester, "offering a new service" to pick up ballots. But only if they're voting for Democrats.

Wake up, sheeple.

https://www.dailycaller.com/2018/12/...ornia-dems-gop

Old 12-01-2018, 08:43 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,122,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
LOL just look at California, where six Republicans held substantial leads on election night, only to have all of them lose after days of truckloads of "absentee" ballots were dumped off. That's because November is harvest time in CA. And forget the pumpkins.

Thank CA's AB-1921, quietly signed into law by Gov. Moonbeam. "Granny farming" and collecting of pre-completed ballots at its best. And now Dems are trying to overturn Arizona's law against ballot harvesting. Gee, I wonder why?

Check out the Ring-recorded video of "Lulu," a CA ballot harvester, "offering a new service" to pick up ballots. But only if they're voting for Democrats.

Wake up, sheeple.

America was stolen from us a long time ago. There are so many instances that prove it. It will be Brazil or South Africa in a hundred years. That is a done deal.

Old 12-01-2018, 09:38 PM

42,885 posts, read 26,485,526 times
Quote:

Wake up, sheeple.

My how dramatic...you can only get your ballot picked up if you're a democrat, really? Does it say that in the bill? I dropped off the ballots of two of my elderly neighbors, both republicans. California requires postage on a ballot and it's more than one stamp so most people drop theirs off at the library or other designated places. I'm not sure how you think that AB1921 influences the vote.

The problem is that the Republican house candidates embraced Trump, they voted for the tax bill, voted to get rid of the ACA and denied climate change, most Californians don't support those positions so they paid the price for it and lost their seat, it's really that simple.

Old 12-02-2018, 04:53 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,314,678 times
Sheeple would be the definition of people who think more people voting is a bad thing, because the RWNJ blogosphere says so - because higher turnout favors Democrats. Too bad so sad for the dying-off GOP. They are trying to cheat their way into continued existence but their day will be over soon enough

Old 12-02-2018, 05:26 PM

42,885 posts, read 26,485,526 times
Quote:

Wake up, sheeple.

lol, you want to wag your finger at California but you seem to be ignoring what happened in North Carolina when a helpful GOP operative collected ballots:

Quote:
Among the allegations is that an individual who worked for the Harris campaign coordinated an effort to collect and fill in, or discard, the ballots of Democratic voters who might have otherwise voted for McCready. Several of the affidavits come from elderly African American voters. It is illegal to take someone else’s ballot, whether to turn it in or discard it. https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile...e-voter-fraud/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections