Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe Obama when he says he sat in the pew for 23 years and never heard/read about any hate
Yes, I believe Obama 100%. He never heard/read about any hate for 23 years and didn't know about Wright and Farrakahan. 11 14.29%
No, The guy is a LIAR. Come on!! 23 years and you are THAT blind to all the hate??!? 59 76.62%
I don't know / not sure. 7 9.09%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 11:22 PM

881 posts, read 1,589,625 times

Advertisements

Do you believe Obama when he says he sat in the pew for 23 years and never heard/read about any hate from Wright?

It is a simple question: do you believe that Obama attended a church for 23 consecutive years and NOT ONE TIME, did he hear (or read in the church newsletter) Jeremiah Wright spill hateful, anti-American, racists rants???

Do you also believe that Obama NEVER knew that his "church" was involved with the racist, anti-Jew, anti-American hatemonger, Louis Farrakhan, the leader of the Nation of Islam??

Simple questions. Please vote. Thank you.

Old 04-01-2008, 11:30 PM

2,027 posts, read 4,210,310 times
I voted Yes. Maybe he heard it but if he's like most Christians, he probably wasn't paying attention anyways. Regardless, he has been spending a considerable amount of time on the pulpit at black churches denouncing their anti-Semitism and homophobia. Speaking of homophobia, what has Billary done for gay rights? They passed the Defense of Marriage Act and Don't Ask, Don't Tell. Hmm, selective memory much? To be honest, I don't agree with the pastor at my Catholic church. He is extremely anti-choice for women and the school affiliated at the church actually takes time out of school to "peacefully protest" outside of Planned Parenthood. Also, while he loves the sinner, hates the sin, and disagrees with gay marriage, I am a staunch supporter of gay rights. But my pastor is a cool guy and a personal friend. I wouldn't switch to a different parish but that doesn't mean I endorse everything he or the Catholic church says. You Hillary fans are so selective about what you criticize. Hmm, isn't Clinton's pastor against gay rights? Didn't Obama denounce Farrakhan immediately and when asked to use stronger language in his denunciation by Clinton, he complied. She was not so quick to renounce and reject the endorsement of that dumb Mexican politician who said that black politicians never did anything for Mexicans.

Old 04-01-2008, 11:37 PM

881 posts, read 1,589,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangodoodles View Post
I voted Yes. Maybe he heard it but if he's like most Christians, he probably wasn't paying attention anyways. Regardless, he has been spending a considerable amount of time on the pulpit at black churches denouncing their anti-Semitism and homophobia. Speaking of homophobia, what has Billary done for gay rights? They passed the Defense of Marriage Act and Don't Ask, Don't Tell. Hmm, selective memory much? To be honest, I don't agree with the pastor at my Catholic church. He is extremely anti-choice for women and the school affiliated at the church actually takes time out of school to "peacefully protest" outside of Planned Parenthood. Also, while he loves the sinner, hates the sin, and disagrees with gay marriage, I am a staunch supporter of gay rights. But my pastor is a cool guy and a personal friend. I wouldn't switch to a different parish but that doesn't mean I endorse everything he or the Catholic church says. You Hillary fans are so selective about what you criticize. Hmm, isn't Clinton's pastor against gay rights? Didn't Obama denounce Farrakhan immediately and when asked to use stronger language in his denunciation by Clinton, he complied. She was not so quick to renounce and reject the endorsement of that dumb Mexican politician who said that black politicians never did anything for Mexicans.
1. So you are saying Obama is so naive and gullible, he sat on a pew for 23 years and did not hear the screaming praises in the crowd when Wright YELLED from the pulpit: "God Damn America" and "The US of KKK" and how Hillary knows nothing of anything and how 9/11 is America's fault.... Obama also never read the hate-filled "church" bulletins written by Wright every month... Obama never heard Wright when Wright say that AIDS was designed by the government to kill blacks and how crack was a CIA project to enslave blacks?? Wright, never once made such statements to his pupil (according to Obama, Wright is his mentor, his spiritual guide, and his friend)??

And Obama also never heard, in 23 years of dealing with his mentor and spiritual guide that Wright traveled to Libya, a terrorist nation with hatemonger Louis Farrkahan of the Nation of Islam????

COME ON!!! Come on... Americans are smarter than this....

2. Obama denouced Farrakhan after Hillary CONFRONTED Obama to do so during a debate. Before that, he did not denounce Farrakhan.

Do you need some sugar for your Kool-Aid?? Start thinking for yourself, stop drinking Kool-Aid and watching NBC (a/k/a/ The Obama News Network) and you will see the light.

Old 04-01-2008, 11:48 PM

2,027 posts, read 4,210,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun2Day View Post
1. So you are saying Obama is so naive and gullible, he sat on a pew for 23 years and did not hear the screaming praises in the crowd when Wright YELLED from the pulpit: "God Damn America" and "The US of KKK" and how Hillary knows nothing of anything and how 9/11 is America's fault.... Obama also never read the hate-filled "church" bulletins written by Wright every month... Obama never heard Wright when Wright say that AIDS was designed by the government to kill blacks and how crack was a CIA project to enslave blacks?? Wright, never once made such statements to his pupil (according to Obama, Wright is his mentor, his spiritual guide, and his friend)??

And Obama also never heard, in 23 years of dealing with his mentor and spiritual guide that Wright traveled to Libya, a terrorist nation with hatemonger Louis Farrkahan of the Nation of Islam????

2. Obama denouced Farrakhan after Hillary CONFRONTED Obama to do so during a debate. Before that, he did not denounce Farrakhan.

Do you need some sugar for your Kool-Aid?? Start thinking for yourself, stop drinking Kool-Aid and watching NBC (a/k/a/ The Obama News Network) and you will see the light.
[Mod Cut] Obama did denounce Farrakhan. Hillary [Mod Cut] decided that denouncing the remarks was not strong enough. So he immediately said that if it would make her happy, he would REJECT Farrakhan's endorsement. It took Hillary quite awhile to reject that dumb Mexican who hates black people. She's racist but Hillary at first released a statement saying that people were allowed to have their own opinions before she rejected the endorsement the next day. And this happened after the Farrakhan issue. She's a hypocrite if there ever was one.

Also, to put this racist issue to rest once and for all, I understand Wright's remarks regardless of whether or not I agree with everything he said. Blacks were treated like second class citizens for years the way gays are now and in some cases they still are. In fact, many of the policies created by WHITE politicians have led to the destruction of the nuclear family in black communities. And whether you believe it or not, crack cocaine was introduced to inner city L.A. by the CIA under Ronald Reagan. You might think this is a conspiracy like a typical brainwashed American and that's your right. The War on Drugs, a complete failure, was introduced by Clinton and Gore sending many black men to prison. Also, welfare created an incentive for black mothers to stay single and collect money. So really, I believe that it's justified to some extent. Of course, you poor downtrodden white person can understand the plight of black communities better than anyone. We as a nation have failed African Americans and are only just now attempting to rectify the situation.

Last edited by ontheroad; 04-05-2008 at 09:14 PM.. Reason: Less profanity; more content.

Old 04-02-2008, 02:27 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,391,475 times
Quote:

For God's sake man, whatsa matta you? You cannot get p_ss out of a tree! A man goes to the same church for 23 years, that's 1104 Sundays. Say he missed 4 Sundays because he was busy building a brilliant background. That's 1100 Sundays. A pastor can preach whatever the hell he wants to preach. It is his vision. Does it mean he's a racist if he says "god damn America"? Absolutely not. In fact he's right. God damn America for invading Afghanistan, a sovereign nation, killing innocent men, women and children. God damn America for invading Iraq, another sovereign nation, killing innocent men women, and children. God damn America for supporting Israel and its intrusion on Arab land and supporting a half century of killing Arabs. God damn America for allowing Neocons to take over the country, dividing the country further by race and violating the sovereignty of other nations. Wright is right. God damn America. Does it make Obama a racist? Get real.

So, that's 1100 Sundays. How many Sundays did the Hillary supporters focus on to brand this man a racist, a man that Bill Clinton invited to help him get over getting caught cheating, to beg for forgiveness and cry? 900 Sermons? 500 sermons? 300 sermons? 120 sermons? 60 sermons? 12 sermons? Let's say 5 sermons. 5 lousy sermons! That's not even a half of 1% of Wright's sermons! In other words, for all you Hillary people know, 99% of Wright's sermons were filled with the most incredible and inspirational messages known to mankind, the type that would compel Hillary's husband to include him among the nation's premier pastors.

Pastor Wright is an incredible man and a great pastor, passionate in his condemnation about what is wrong with this society he loves. Your condemnation of this man is incredibly pathetic, which is why the issue is dead in the water, and Obama has GAINED MOMENTUM!

Last edited by LexusNexus; 04-02-2008 at 03:55 AM..

Old 04-02-2008, 03:43 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,354,845 times
As a white person I also understand where Rev. Wright is coming from, and that is the Bible. Even Jesus was full of condemnation when people or groups of people were doing wrong. The U.S. has not been a nation of peace, and it still isn't. If you listen to all of Rev. Wright's sermon you will see that he brought up one sin after another that the U.S. committed, beginning with destroying the Indians when we first came to America, and the U.S. continues this to this day. I lived in the south, and the condition of the blacks is not much better than it was years ago, and there are a whole lot of KKK members in the south, more than most would imagine. While I am not a believer in the Bible I do understand Rev. Wright's message and accept where he is coming from, just as I do Rev. Hagee for his remarks about the gays, and I believe in gay rights.

Obama said that he heard things, but he may not have heard those clips, but it doesn't matter, because I find no wrong in Rev. Wright's comments as they are Bible. The wrong I find is in the Bible itself, but I am not going to put someone down for their beliefs, and much of what Wright has to say is the truth about the U.S.

So I began listening to some of his sermons and I can see why he is so popular, plus his church has done more for the black people than the U.S. ever thought of doing. Sure, the U.S. abolished slavery, I will give them that, and I am proud of my country for taking that step, but it has not ridden them of discrimination, and it has not raised wages of the lower and middle class people in ages. In the south dsicrimination is almost the same as it was in the 60s before the civil rights movement. I know because I lived there, and I hated seeing what was going on, so I left. Racism is something that I have always disliked in all people, even if I understand it, and I just don't consider Rev. Wright to be a racist. I think he is just pointing out what is.

So I agree with Alexus and Tangodoodles.

Old 04-02-2008, 04:12 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,761,394 times
To me it is a similar case of hate preaching as what the imam in London did and is doing and which is justified by his lawyer!!!
Maybe the words are not as bad but both is about hate preaching. Every one who doesn't walk away from that and sits anlistens is IMO as guilty.

Old 04-02-2008, 04:44 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,391,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
To me it is a similar case of hate preaching as what the imam in London did and is doing and which is justified by his lawyer!!!
Maybe the words are not as bad but both is about hate preaching. Every one who doesn't walk away from that and sits anlistens is IMO as guilty.
Well, unfortunately for you, you are wrong.

I don't call a man who passionately condemns this country for breaking international laws, violating sovereign nations, and killing, maiming, crippling hundreds of thousands of men, women, and children, "hate preaching." He's absolutely right. God damn America for doing this.

God damn America for being a racist country too, discriminating not only against blacks, but non-white immigrants. The most enlightened among us are appalled.

Old 04-02-2008, 05:27 AM
Noc

1,435 posts, read 2,070,497 times
Why are we posting the same topics and questions over and over every day that are well discussed in other threads.

This section of the boards have gotten out of hand and has become very lax.

Old 04-02-2008, 06:11 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Default Do you believe Obama when he says he sat in the pew for 23 years and never heard/read about any hate from Wright?

Quote:
Do you believe Obama when he says he sat in the pew for 23 years and never heard/read about any hate from Wright?

It is a simple question: do you believe that Obama attended a church for 23 consecutive years and NOT ONE TIME, did he hear (or read in the church newsletter) Jeremiah Wright spill hateful, anti-American, racists rants???

Do you also believe that Obama NEVER knew that his "church" was involved with the racist, anti-Jew, anti-American hatemonger, Louis Farrakhan, the leader of the Nation of Islam??

Simple questions. Please vote. Thank you.
I believe that you're an anti-Obama troll.

You shouldn't be so fearful. After all, he's half white.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.