Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2018, 12:17 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,797,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Blind loyalty? This has absolutely nothing to do with blind loyalty, moneill. This is voting to save our country from these horrible people. If people don’t see that by now...
Tell us what is so horrible about "these" people as you call them? I am one who can't stand Trump as a person from what I know but I don't vote of personality. I didn't support Carter but I thought he was a nice person.
Please let us all know your reasoning if you have one?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2018, 12:26 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,292,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Well I happen to be on the other side of the line, but I am surprised you would ask for such a pledge or would vote based on hate for one side instead of voting based on who the best candidate would be: the one that would do the most to help our country regardless of personality.
It’s not about hating Trump; it’s about hating what he’s doing to our country. We need to ensure we take control and change the trajectory of our nation.

Frankly, deplorables need to be sent back to the gutters.

Old 11-18-2018, 12:34 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,292,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Tell us what is so horrible about "these" people as you call them? I am one who can't stand Trump as a person from what I know but I don't vote of personality. I didn't support Carter but I thought he was a nice person.
Please let us all know your reasoning if you have one?
Nazis, white nationalists, and the like are feeling quite empowered in our nation right now. It’s scary as hell! Maybe it doesn’t impact you, but it does many others.

That’s not to mention misogynists, abusers, and others of that ilk. These people are running the nation, and we can’t go on like this.

Deplorables, as HRC called them.

Beyond that, Trump is just a big idiot, and he is destroying our standing and reputation.

If you’re cool with that, I expect you to keep supporting him. And, honestly, my thread isn’t directed at you, anyway. (I’m not saying you can’t post. I’m just saying I am not targeting you.)

Old 11-18-2018, 01:02 PM

31,088 posts, read 22,107,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
So if the Dem candidate is WORSE than you think Trump is, you'll vote for the worse candidate because you hate Trump.

Because YAY DEMOCRATS!!!!! GO TEAM!!!!!! GO BLUE!!!!!!

Politics are PATHETIC. Voters are ignorant of many, many, MANY things.
I think they want another Obama, a man who frees Terrorists, uses a billion dollars In cruise missiles, call's American killing Terrorists "work place violence", kills 2000 American servicemen in Afganistan during his surge there, all after winning a Nobel prize. Nary a word out of the Democratic press while this Demigod rules the roost. And the vast majority of Democrats would vote for him again Thank god we have a much more peaceful man in the white house.

Old 11-18-2018, 01:07 PM

9,371 posts, read 14,322,182 times
Quote:
Nazis, white nationalists, and the like are feeling quite empowered in our nation right now. It’s scary as hell! Maybe it doesn’t impact you, but it does many others.

That’s not to mention misogynists, abusers, and others of that ilk. These people are running the nation, and we can’t go on like this.

Deplorables, as HRC called them.

Beyond that, Trump is just a big idiot, and he is destroying our standing and reputation.

If you’re cool with that, I expect you to keep supporting him. And, honestly, my thread isn’t directed at you, anyway. (I’m not saying you can’t post. I’m just saying I am not targeting you.)
Is Cali Doll actually a Trump supporter in disguise, like the accusers of the blind man?

She seems to be making all the right arguments, the like ones that convinced independents in droves to elect Bill Clinton's wife.

Or simply trying the same thing over and over again, expecting a different result?

Isn't there a term for that?

Last edited by bale002; 11-18-2018 at 01:16 PM..

Old 11-18-2018, 01:11 PM

10,237 posts, read 6,327,985 times
My Democratic Primary Candidate (Sanders) did not win in 2016. I switched to Hillary because I did not want Trump as President.It's called a NEGATIVE vote. I am a Native New Yorker. We/me know him WELL. Having voted since 1971, I know that voting Third Party is only an indirect vote for the one of the Majority Candidates.

I will do the same in 2020 if my favored Democratic candidate does not win the Primary. You could not pay me a million dollars to ever vote for "our" Donald.

Old 11-18-2018, 01:18 PM

9,371 posts, read 14,322,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post

voting Third Party is
Trump was the third-party candidate in 2016, disguised as a so-called republican.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lshzQJ1YAzU

Old 11-18-2018, 01:20 PM

4,490 posts, read 3,934,109 times
Quote:
It’s not about hating Trump; it’s about hating what he’s doing to our country. We need to ensure we take control and change the trajectory of our nation.

Frankly, deplorables need to be sent back to the gutters.
Ha Ha. It is ABSOLUTELY because you hate Trump. Look, morally Bill Clinton was (is) a pig, but I voted for him twice because I thought he had some good ideas for the country. The fact is that things have gotten better in this country because of Trump's leadership. Lowest Black & Hispanic unemployment in HISTORY, lowest female unemployment in decades, a thriving economy, the most people ever employed in the HISTORY of our country, trade deals renegotiated in OUR favor for a change, record stock market highs and I could go on. THAT'S what he's doing to our country. I know he's a jerk sometimes, but he has also been embattled by half the country and 99% of the media since his first day in office. I know he doesn't have that soft, squishy feeling like Obama and I guess you liked that, but if you were ever able to look at things OBJECTIVELY, he's doing a pretty good job so far.

Old 11-18-2018, 01:34 PM

7,195 posts, read 5,731,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
So if the Dem candidate is WORSE than you think Trump is, you'll vote for the worse candidate because you hate Trump.

Because YAY DEMOCRATS!!!!! GO TEAM!!!!!! GO BLUE!!!!!!

Politics are PATHETIC. Voters are ignorant of many, many, MANY things.
I am very confident that the Democratic candidate will not be worse than Trump. Could it happen? I highly doubt it. Let's say that they put up someone who held rallies where they lied, admitted to assaulting women, was accused of rape by a teenager, couldn't string together sentences better than your average 8-year-old, and was the laughingstock of the world. In that case, I guess I would stay home, because what difference would it make? I'd be choosing between Trump and some weird Trump clone.

Otherwise, though, I'll be voting blue.

GO TEAM!!

Old 11-18-2018, 02:56 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,956,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
I am very confident that the Democratic candidate will not be worse than Trump. Could it happen? I highly doubt it. Let's say that they put up someone who held rallies where they lied, admitted to assaulting women, was accused of rape by a teenager, couldn't string together sentences better than your average 8-year-old, and was the laughingstock of the world. In that case, I guess I would stay home, because what difference would it make? I'd be choosing between Trump and some weird Trump clone.

Otherwise, though, I'll be voting blue.

GO TEAM!!

That's how all American should feel at every election. The candidates are TRASH. Which is why I always stay home. No blood on my hands.

Which is more important .. YOUR PARTY!!!! GO MY TEAM !!!!!! I"M COOLER THAN YOU!!!!!!!! HIGH SCHOOL PEP RALLY!!!!!!!

OR ...

Your conscience?

Seems like: TEAM XXXXX!!!!!!! IF MY TEAM WAS IN OFFICE WORLD PEACE WOULD BREAK OUT, POVERTY WOULD DISAPPEAR, AND UNICORNS WOULD FART RAINBOWS AND CANDY CORN!!!

#brainwashedvotersthinkvotingmatters
#brainashedvotersbelievePARTYMATTERS
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections