Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2018, 08:10 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,500,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
https://twitter.com/TopRopeTravis/st...82728322228226

Do you agree or disagree with this?
based on the current lot of 'possible' candidates for the DNC... other than Biden there is no way I would vote for the choice of liberals out there

Trump, although a rough, non-polished POTUS, is 100% better than any of the left, and has done a good job so far of undoing the damage from the fascist liberals
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2018, 08:22 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,036,241 times
Here's what those gazillion 2020 Democrat candidates who lose the party nomination will be calculating. If Trump gets re-elected, I can run again in 2024 because he'll be term-limited out of office but if Joe Blow Democrat wins, it will probably be 8 years before I get another crack at it (because of peer pressure to support Joe Blow Democrat for a second term). They'll give lip service to supporting Joe Blow Democrat candidate but secretly, they'll be hoping for a Trump win if they don't get the Democrat nomination. Count on it. (I would say the same about Republican candidates if the Republicans were in the same position).

So, if your candidate loses, do you want another chance to vote for them in 4 years or are you going to wait 8 years to support the person you really want in office?

Old 11-17-2018, 08:27 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,292,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Here's what those gazillion 2020 Democrat candidates who lose the party nomination will be calculating. If Trump gets re-elected, I can run again in 2024 because he'll be term-limited out of office but if Joe Blow Democrat wins, it will probably be 8 years before I get another crack at it (because of peer pressure to support Joe Blow Democrat for a second term). They'll give lip service to supporting Joe Blow Democrat candidate but secretly, they'll be hoping for a Trump win if they don't get the Democrat nomination. Count on it. (I would say the same about Republican candidates if the Republicans were in the same position).

So, if your candidate loses, do you want another chance to vote for them in 4 years or are you going to wait 8 years to support the person you really want in office?
I think you’re right about what many party nom losers will think. Some, however, will believe as I do:

If my chosen candidate loses? I’d want whomever wins the DNC nomination to win the presidency—without a doubt. Our country is in a really bad place right now. It can’t continue.

Old 11-17-2018, 08:32 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,500,230 times
Quote:
I think you’re right about what the party nom losers will think.

If my candidate loses? I’d want whomever wins the DNC nomination to win the presidency—without a doubt. Our country is in a really bad place right now. It can’t continue.
our country is in a bad place because of liberal laws/policies that hurt the common person

liberals outlawed cannabis in 1937...how did that help the common person...how is the liberal war on drugs going

liberals changed the mortgage rules in 1995.... gave us the Clinton housing bubble/bust that fried the economy

liberals (globalists) gave us nafta and her 26 sisters, which caused massive outsourcing of high paying jobs....which helped the housing bubble to burst, if you cant afford the overpriced housing, how will you buy (lie with the no-doc?? like the guy on CNN in 07 who was crying about losing his 700k house, even though he only made like 45k annually)

the hefty lefties have been destroying our country for the last 80 years... time for them to go the way of the dinosaurs

Last edited by workingclasshero; 11-17-2018 at 08:42 AM..

Old 11-17-2018, 08:35 AM

2,745 posts, read 3,021,742 times
I will vote for what I feel is the best candidate at that time. Which will NEVER be Hillary Clinton, if she's crazy enough to run again and get picked in the primary. She's so obviously crooked, I'm amazed anybody could even consider having her as president.

If it's between Pres. Trump and a Dem I don't like, I will vote for Pres. Trump to be re-elected. That is, supposing he makes it completely through his first term with all the people sabotaging him at every turn. I'd vote for a third party if one of them ever had a chance of winning, which IMO they don't with the way things have been rigged for years by both main parties.

Old 11-17-2018, 08:43 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,973,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
based on the current lot of 'possible' candidates for the DNC... other than Biden there is no way I would vote for the choice of liberals out there

Trump, although a rough, non-polished POTUS, is 100% better than any of the left, and has done a good job so far of undoing the damage from the fascist liberals
Here we go again. Trump has accomplished so much. Such as what? He didn't cause the great economy, so that argument fails. You certainly can't claim he got a bunch of Republicans elected to Congress during the midterms. Democrats did extremely well, even better than many expected. There's no border wall, so that's out. Infrastructure improvements? What infrastructure improvements? What about health care? (Crickets). And how did that visit to Arlington Cemetery go? Oops, he missed that too. Oh, I got it! He ran up our deficit YUGELY by going on vacation and hosting needless ego boosting rallies every week! And he lies more than any president in our history! As for my chosen candidate winning or not, I would not support just anybody. If I truly thought they were an awful person, I would not vote for any of the candidates.

Old 11-17-2018, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Here we go again. Trump has accomplished so much. Such as what? He didn't cause the great economy, so that argument fails. You certainly can't claim he got a bunch of Republicans elected to Congress during the midterms. Democrats did extremely well, even better than many expected. There's no border wall, so that's out. Infrastructure improvements? What infrastructure improvements? What about health care? (Crickets). And how did that visit to Arlington Cemetery go? Oops, he missed that too. Oh, I got it! He ran up our deficit YUGELY by going on vacation and hosting needless ego boosting rallies every week! And he lies more than any president in our history! As for my chosen candidate winning or not, I would not support just anybody. If I truly thought they were an awful person, I would not vote for any of the candidates.
I’m not talking about a candidate being an awful person. I’m not sure why that’s the default response. I’m asking if your chosen democrat doesn’t win the nomination, would you vote for the person who did win it? (I guess the disclaimer has to be made that the candidate is not a sexual assaulter, wife beater, proven con-artist, or generally awful human being.)

Old 11-17-2018, 03:09 PM

3,221 posts, read 1,739,956 times
Quote:
So do I, but I want to know if we still have many people who need to love everything about their DNC candidate before they support them. If so, we will lose.
Yes we do have that element of our side with the purity test. It needs to go.

For my part i will vote down ballot blue in every state, congressional, and presidential election until Trump, and all those of his ilk are purged from office. It's never been more important for our side, no matter where you fall on the spectrum of the left right now, to vote for the blue team. It's the only reasonable choice, unless we want to continue with massive corruption, heinous political appointments, and further erosion of our standing in the world to continue. Not to mention the path of inevitable environmental destruction down which Republicans insist on leading us.To a man, nearly all Republicans in office today are extremists, and we gotta stick with our side completely until sanity is restored.

It's a no-****ing brainer. We're in a fight right now, it's not the time to play nice or try to water down our beliefs to appease right wing extremists. Every time Democrats try to be conciliatory in that regard, they're going to be portrayed as radical anyway. We need to put bulldogs in office that will fight for progressive values.

However, that being said, we shouldn't throw our hands in the air and either not vote or vote a third party candidate simply because they weren't liberal enough. Cuz let me tell ya, a war hawk Democrat who's closer to the middle of the spectrum is far better than the Republican alternative.

Last edited by Valhallian; 11-17-2018 at 03:17 PM..

Old 11-17-2018, 03:21 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,146,625 times
Sure. That's pretty basic. I think most Dems would agree that any Dem would be better than Trump. Indeed, many - perhaps most - Republicans would be better than Trump.

And, I'm sorry, but any Dem who would prefer Trump versus Hillary is wacko. There are numerous things you can object to (many think of her as too pro-war, for instance), but she's an articulate, rational, experienced, hard-working policy wonk - none of which is true of Trump.

Trump’s history of corruption is mind-boggling. So why is Clinton supposedly the corrupt one?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...=.13f2b32c8826

Why Clinton's perceived corruption echoes louder than Trump's actual corruption.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poste...=.f540228a22c6

Old 11-17-2018, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
Yes we do have that element of our side with the purity test. It needs to go.

For my part i will vote down ballot blue in every state, congressional, and presidential election until Trump, and all those of his ilk are purged from office. It's never been more important for our side, no matter where you fall on the spectrum of the left right now, to vote for the blue team. It's the only reasonable choice, unless we want to continue with massive corruption, heinous political appointments, and further erosion of our standing in the world to continue. Not to mention the path of inevitable environmental destruction down which Republicans insist on leading us.To a man, nearly all Republicans in office today are extremists, and we gotta stick with our side completely until sanity is restored.

It's a no-****ing brainer. We're in a fight right now, it's not the time to play nice or try to water down our beliefs to appease right wing extremists. Every time Democrats try to be conciliatory in that regard, they're going to be portrayed as radical anyway. We need to put bulldogs in office that will fight for progressive values.

However, that being said, we shouldn't throw our hands in the air and either not vote or vote a third party candidate simply because they weren't liberal enough. Cuz let me tell ya, a war hawk Democrat who's closer to the middle of the spectrum is far better than the Republican alternative.
^THIS x 1,000,000!!

You said it way better than I could. Dems, get your head in the game, or we will lose!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections