Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2019, 10:55 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,598,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
Are you kidding? Nearly everyone thought his story was a crock. The reasons?

1) Chicago isn't "MAGA country".
2) Even if it were, no one goes around shouting "This is MAGA country".
3) Getting Subway at 2am.
4) Getting Subway at 2am in sub-zero temperatures.
5) Attackers lurking around at 2am in sub-zero temperatures with bleach and a clothesline, waiting for someone to possibly make an appearance.
6) Attackers hating him enough to put a "noose" around his neck, but only leaving him with a scratch.
7) Leaving the "noose" around his neck for nearly an hour 'as evidence', even though he didn't immediately call the police when he got home.
8) Not washing a potential hazardous substance off himself when he got home, even though he didn't immediately call the police when he got home.

I'm sure there are a few more.
Guess who bought into the story. Trump himself:

https://youtu.be/oW1UjfcNEnI
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2019, 11:20 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,427,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
i.e. Kamila Harris was smoked by Jessie, and she's not big enough to admit she was 100% wrong and sorry for the race huckstering. She's nothing but a poser and a hypocrite.
Individual 1's base has no credibility given his history of causing divisiveness in this country. I'm not defending Smollett. Hate crimes have risen. It is the exception and not the rule for someone to make up a hate crime especially a celebrity. Harris and other politicians that condemn a hate crime did nothing wrong. Smollett did the crime. Individual 1 supporters and the extreme right are looking for anything to paint Individual 1 and the base as credible and constant victims of political bias. Hate crimes are on the rise. We know that for a fact. Claims of false hate crimes are not on the rise. One bad apple in a minority group is painted as a group of bad apples but when 1 bad apple from a white group that does anything like mass shootings, it's chalked up to "mental illness'.

Over 1,000 Hate Groups Are Now Active in United States, Civil Rights Group Says
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/20/u...oups-rise.html

Coast Guard Officer Plotted to Kill Democrats and Journalists, Prosecutors Say
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/20/u...ype=collection

Last edited by KayAnn246; 02-21-2019 at 12:12 PM..

Old 02-21-2019, 11:57 AM

19,845 posts, read 12,113,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
I would REALLY like to hear what she has to say concerning Smollet's lies...……..
Don’t hold your breath. She’s a slimy politician like the rest of them. It would be refreshing for one of them to have the decency to admit they were very wrong in their judgement. She has been friends with the Smollett family for years. This will not wear well for Harris.

Old 02-22-2019, 12:39 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,663,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Warren has an exploratory committee at this point.

Gillibrand is in, too. I can’t remember if she just has a committee or if she’s in. Same with Gabbard.

In addition, Biden and Bernie need to sit out. Neither has announced, but, I really wish they’d see their time has passed. It’s beyond time for new blood.

My personal ideal team is Beto/Harris. (Beto, we are waiting on you! )

ETA: Warren is way too soft, IMHO. She’s probably pretty low on my comprehensive list. (Having said that, I will cast my vote for whichever democrat gets the nom.)
Beto/Harris would be a good pairing.

Old 02-22-2019, 04:27 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,438,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
why?

Old 02-22-2019, 04:44 PM

5,069 posts, read 2,281,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
why?
I'd like to see the answer to this question. I think Beto possibly has some broad appeal, but from what I've seen and heard, Kamala isn't well regarded by anyone other than a tiny handful of white males who want to virtue signal their acceptance of females/POC in office, and a slightly larger handful of black women. That's not going to cut it.

Old 02-22-2019, 05:25 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,496,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Was there a reason to believe he was lying from the beginning other than you being a conservative and not wanting to believe your side was capable of doing it ?

Im honestly not sure why you think your argument makes sense.

Also, arguing that rich people should pay more in taxes has nothing to do with hating them.
he has lied to the police in the past

Old 02-22-2019, 05:26 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,496,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Totally agree. Most twitter users responded right away (as seems to be required by twitter) and assumed he was telling the truth. I doubt that too many candidates were following the Smollet story with bated breath. Bigger fish to fry.

But you can tell by the number of RWNJ's that have pounced on this - that they are terrified of Harris beating Trump.

Sure, sure. She should just say something like "I'm sure there were very fine people on both sides".

neither harris, nor beto, nor warren even have a chance

Old 02-22-2019, 10:30 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,291,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
neither harris, nor beto, nor warren even have a chance
Well then, Individual 1 fans should have no worries at all.

Old 02-27-2019, 11:25 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,663,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
I'd like to see the answer to this question. I think Beto possibly has some broad appeal, but from what I've seen and heard, Kamala isn't well regarded by anyone other than a tiny handful of white males who want to virtue signal their acceptance of females/POC in office, and a slightly larger handful of black women. That's not going to cut it.
I think Beto has the "it" factor. He's personable and comes off much more "real" than most phony, ego bloated politicians. People voted for Trump not because of his experience in politics (obviously) or even his own business acumen (numerous bankruptcies), but more of a gut level reaction, excitement over him. There was no excitement over stale Hiliary. Beto has more of that excitement factor, young and w/ promise. When someone asks him a question, he rolls w/ it, not a pre-recorded message, stale and impersonal. I'm not for him on loosening illegal immigration, but I like his energy and enthusiasm.

Harris seems solid to me. Backbone and grit. She's smart. I have more enthusiasm for her than I would for Biden. Biden might be "more qualified," but where has that gotten the Democratic party? Biden is getting up their in age, too.

It'll be a tough race. Biden can probably win in the Rust Belt states, though, which might matter more than anything else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections