Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2019, 03:26 PM

1,438 posts, read 779,459 times

Advertisements

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...trump-for-2020
https://kdvr.com/2019/01/30/sen-cory...r-re-election/
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...20-endorsement

"Hillary Clinton won Colorado by 5 percentage points in 2016, and Democrats swept every statewide race there in 2018 in what was widely seen as a rebuke to Trump."

Has Gardner already conceded his reelection bid in 2020? I honestly don't understand why he did this. Hillary won Colorado and Republicans got destroyed in the midterms plus the national party is associated with marijuana prohibition. You think to win over a blue electorate he would try to move to the center, but now he's endorsed Trump's reelection and has voted for all his cabinet and judicial nominees. Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Wouldn't be surprised if campaign donors abandon him as he quickly becomes seen as a dead man walking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2019, 03:40 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
It's the primary/general squeeze. The same thing that got Flake in AZ. No to Trump, he loses the nomination. Yes to Trump he loses his seat. Either way he is out. I hope he puts country over party in his remaining months.

Old 02-01-2019, 05:02 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,466,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GABESTA535 View Post
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...trump-for-2020
https://kdvr.com/2019/01/30/sen-cory...r-re-election/
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...20-endorsement

"Hillary Clinton won Colorado by 5 percentage points in 2016, and Democrats swept every statewide race there in 2018 in what was widely seen as a rebuke to Trump."

Has Gardner already conceded his reelection bid in 2020? I honestly don't understand why he did this. Hillary won Colorado and Republicans got destroyed in the midterms plus the national party is associated with marijuana prohibition. You think to win over a blue electorate he would try to move to the center, but now he's endorsed Trump's reelection and has voted for all his cabinet and judicial nominees. Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Wouldn't be surprised if campaign donors abandon him as he quickly becomes seen as a dead man walking.
The earl endorsement doesn't make much sense, there simply wasn't much of a reason for it and he has been one of the Republicans in the Senate critical of Trump at times. Only thing is to potentially get ahead of a Primary challenge early, as Colorado's GOP is pretty far right, but it doesn't help his General Election prospects in a Dem trending state.

Old 02-03-2019, 11:22 AM

230 posts, read 94,904 times
Gardner is another cuckservative RINO who I can't wait to see go BYE BYE. Prefer to have a dang actual democrat than a RINO in the seat. We will retake Alabama so its a push there. Not sure where else we will pick up seats I ain't really looked at the map

Old 02-03-2019, 08:02 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,558 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarRight View Post
Gardner is another cuckservative RINO who I can't wait to see go BYE BYE. Prefer to have a dang actual democrat than a RINO in the seat. We will retake Alabama so its a push there. Not sure where else we will pick up seats I ain't really looked at the map
If Roy Moore runs again , im not sure you will pick up that seat.

In a 3 way race between Moore, Jones and any other Republican, Jones wins.

Old 02-03-2019, 09:55 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,610,214 times
Quote:
How are you so sure that Jones will lose next year? He seems Center-Right to me, and he did win the first time....

Old 02-03-2019, 10:02 PM

230 posts, read 94,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
If Roy Moore runs again , im not sure you will pick up that seat.

In a 3 way race between Moore, Jones and any other Republican, Jones wins.
How would it be a 3 way race like that? What would Moore run as?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
How are you so sure that Jones will lose next year? He seems Center-Right to me, and he did win the first time....
Jones won because the leftists cheated as has been documented lately AND with the false attacks on Judge Moore. I don't think he will run again I think Sessions will run again.

Old 02-03-2019, 10:04 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,610,214 times
Quote:

Jones won because the leftists cheated as has been documented lately AND with the false attacks on Judge Moore. I don't think he will run again I think Sessions will run again.
Do you have a credible source? And no, Breitbart and InfoWars don't count....

Old 02-03-2019, 11:43 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,558 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:

Roy Moore can run as an independent.

What attacks were fake ?

Old 02-04-2019, 07:53 AM

5,279 posts, read 6,214,639 times
I think Gardner sees the writing on the wall and is shoring up his support for any future runs or landing with a nice lobbyist gig.

He won by less than 2 points in the 2014 wave. If Hickenlooper gives up the ghost on a Presidential run and chooses to contest the Senate race, Gardner will lose by a wide margin. A Dem to the left of Hickenlooper would still win but not with as big of a margin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections