Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2019, 02:13 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
voting for Weld is like electing a Democrat in the fall. It's a sure defeat. Weld is not strong outside of the Northeast which will go Democrat in the general anyway. A Republican to have a shot in the primary and the General he/she has to be strong in the South and Midwest......Weld is not strong in those regions. He is a very liberal Republican from the Northeast that is pro-choice, for late-term abortions, for open borders, for amnesty and for gun control and for affirmative action.

why would any Republican vote for this guy? that is 100% guaranteed a Democrat win in 2020.....everytime the GOP nominates a RINO, the Democrats win.
I suppose they would vote for him as they see the alternative as being even worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2019, 02:13 PM

3,319 posts, read 2,340,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
i don't know how much of a realistic chance he has

Old 02-15-2019, 02:14 PM

24,502 posts, read 17,239,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgrasser View Post
Who...Right on Sara!

Another dreama, as a former MA resident, let me tell you, he did nothing memorable for the Commonwealth, at his station in life, he along with Biden should break out the rocker.

I agree. I'm from Mass and I can't remember anything he did for us. But you know what he does do well now? He trashes Trump pretty good hitting the buzz words like "grave peril" "unstable" and that is all you need nowadays to get noticed.

Old 02-15-2019, 02:20 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,273,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Weld supports whatever those who fund his campaign wants him to support.

* he is pro-choice and for late-term abortions
* For Gun Control
* For amnesty and open borders
* For affirmative action
* for globalism on trade and wars

that might work in Mass and the Northeast but not in the South and Midwest where any Republican needs strong support to have any chance in the general against the Democrats. Any Republican supporting Weld to challenge Trump in GOP might as well support Kamala Harris or Biden or the Corporatist Democrat that wins the nomination because that's who you will supporting and giving the victory if you support Weld to win the GOP nomination.

Old 02-15-2019, 02:25 PM

Quote:
* he is pro-choice and for late-term abortions
* For Gun Control
* For amnesty and open borders
* For affirmative action
* for globalism on trade and wars

that might work in Mass and the Northeast but not in the South and Midwest where any Republican needs strong support to have any chance in the general against the Democrats. Any Republican supporting Weld to challenge Trump in GOP might as well support Kamala Harris or Biden or the Corporatist Democrat that wins the nomination because that's who you will supporting and giving the victory if you support Weld to win the GOP nomination.
And still many will find him to be the better choice. At least he does act like an adult. A privileged one but an adult all the same.

As I've said, I ruled out Johnson when he picked Weld so I am not a supporter, I'm just addressing your points.

Old 02-15-2019, 02:29 PM

Quote:
And still many will find him to be the better choice. At least he does act like an adult. A privileged one but an adult all the same.

As I've said, I ruled out Johnson when he picked Weld so I am not a supporter, I'm just addressing your points.

act like an adult with the wrong policies if you are a Republican? LOL ..ok

Old 02-15-2019, 02:34 PM

Quote:
act like an adult with the wrong policies if you are a Republican? LOL ..ok
Yes, you can have wrong policies and still act like an adult when presenting them.

Old 02-15-2019, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Yes, you can have wrong policies and still act like an adult when presenting them.

so as a Republican, we should vote for a politician that acts like an "adult" even though his policies are not conservative and against our interests...........some people prefer a traditional politician that says the right things in front of the cameras while his policies screws this nation in private.

Old 02-15-2019, 02:51 PM

Quote:
so as a Republican, we should vote for a politician that acts like an "adult" even though his policies are not conservative and against our interests...........some people prefer a traditional politician that says the right things in front of the cameras while his policies screws this nation in private.
I'm not telling you what to do. I'm simply stating what others will do.

It is embarrassing though to have a president that believes name calling is a proper rebuttal. To me that is a sign of immaturity and ignorance.

Old 02-15-2019, 02:51 PM

753 posts, read 843,371 times
I'm sure he'll do well in NH, not so sure about Iowa. Probably not competitive in SC. However, CA joining Super Tuesday will change the process for both parties.

I do agree that this will allow others to jump in now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections