Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2019, 01:29 PM

3,221 posts, read 1,738,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Out of the Democratic Candidates so far I vote for: Bullock; Delaney; Inslee; Gabbard; Gillibrand; Ryan; Klobouchar.

Libertarians only know of two running Ruff/Philips I vote for.

What Candidates are you considering voting for?
I'd vote for all over Trump. But right now Biden is my least preferred. I agree with AOC, there's no room for a a middle ground on climate change policy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2019, 01:56 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,798,777 times
It's honestly hard to say right now.
I know for sure that Inslee is a hell no as is Sanders, Biden, Harris, Booker and Warren. Then again, there are currently 417 who have tossed in their hat. https://www.fec.gov/data/candidates/...tion_full=true

Old 05-12-2019, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
It's honestly hard to say right now.
I know for sure that Inslee is a hell no as is Sanders, Biden, Harris, Booker and Warren. Then again, there are currently 417 who have tossed in their hat. https://www.fec.gov/data/candidates/...tion_full=true
I think Warren would be a great choice for President, personally.

Old 05-12-2019, 03:04 PM

23,984 posts, read 15,086,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Anyone except Gillibrand.

I won't vote for her under any circumstances.

Old 05-12-2019, 03:07 PM

23,984 posts, read 15,086,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Well, as you may know, there were so many irate Bernie Sanders supporters, that 20% of them voted for Trump, rather than Hillary. So this could re-elect Trump once again, if Bernie Sanders supporters don't have a Social Democrat to vote for, they'll toss their vote to Trump once again!
Following a long time tradition from far left progressives. They know they rarely win anything, so they'll just poison the well. Typical.

IDK why the Ds allowed him on the ballot. They were nuts to allow it.

Old 05-12-2019, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
I think Warren would be a great choice for President, personally.
She wants to end corruption in DC but she is part of the issue.
Wants to get rid of electoral college...once again this is a HUGE mistake. Cities like LA and NYC should not be electing our president. States like NH, Montana, Wyoming, Delaware etc, should also have a voice.
Now she magically wants to help military families and their crappy military housing? Naw. Where was she when people were complaining before it made national news? Newsflash....military housing was privatized to make housing better for military families (the government controlled it before). They are having more of the same.

Old 05-12-2019, 03:56 PM

4,139 posts, read 4,529,770 times
Harris or Buttigieg... but honestly ANYBODY running against Trump.

Old 05-12-2019, 05:21 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
I’ll vote for any of the Dems that makes the finals vs Trump

Old 05-12-2019, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
She wants to end corruption in DC but she is part of the issue.
Wants to get rid of electoral college...once again this is a HUGE mistake. Cities like LA and NYC should not be electing our president. States like NH, Montana, Wyoming, Delaware etc, should also have a voice.
Now she magically wants to help military families and their crappy military housing? Naw. Where was she when people were complaining before it made national news? Newsflash....military housing was privatized to make housing better for military families (the government controlled it before). They are having more of the same.
I think you're overlooking her positives on a lot of other issues. Not sure how she's corrupt, if you care to enlighten.

Re: the electoral college, I'll ignore the huge hole in your logic with the "LA and NYC" somehow electing our president meme, which is just silly and is predictably never substantiated whenever I rebut that point. But in any event, she wouldn't have the power to get rid of it as President. The best she could do is give her full-throated endorsement.

I'm not too familiar with this military housing issue, it's not an issue at the forefront for me so I don't really have an opinion on it.

But I do know that Warren has presented by far the most substantive policy of all the candidates to date. I know that she genuinely cares about consumers, that she was willing to take on Wall Street and is in general not afraid of holding powerful institutions accountable for misdeeds that affect every day Americans. I know that she wants to do something about the impending student loan crisis, and that she'll be an advocate for effective climate change policy. In my eyes, she's genuinely a candidate for the people.

She doesn't necessarily have my vote in the primary yet, but right now for me she's certainly in the lead.

Old 05-12-2019, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
I think you're overlooking her positives on a lot of other issues. Not sure how she's corrupt, if you care to enlighten.

Re: the electoral college, I'll ignore the huge hole in your logic with the "LA and NYC" somehow electing our president meme, which is just silly and is predictably never substantiated whenever I rebut that point. But in any event, she wouldn't have the power to get rid of it as President. The best she could do is give her full-throated endorsement.

I'm not too familiar with this military housing issue, it's not an issue at the forefront for me so I don't really have an opinion on it.

But I do know that Warren has presented by far the most substantive policy of all the candidates to date. I know that she genuinely cares about consumers, that she was willing to take on Wall Street and is in general not afraid of holding powerful institutions accountable for misdeeds that affect every day Americans. I know that she wants to do something about the impending student loan crisis, and that she'll be an advocate for effective climate change policy. In my eyes, she's genuinely a candidate for the people.

She doesn't necessarily have my vote in the primary yet, but right now for me she's certainly in the lead.
Nope. I give a fair shake to all before saying nope.
I said she is part of the issue. She is helping those who she is colleagues with who are corrupt.

Population of LA: Just over 4 million vs for instance they over rule Montana (1.07 million), NH (1.356 million), Wyoming (578,000), Delaware (970,000). LA would over rule what MT, NH, WY and DE would even thing about. The electoral college was created to give every state a voice. This last election was proof.
You can ignore that logic all you want, but this was one of the things our forefathers didn't like about England.

The military housing thing should bother you since she wants to provide housing for everyone. So yes, it should be a forefront issue for you so you can really grasp the issue of how the government runs things and how they contract out things too. Here is a quote from a friend of mine who has a hole in their ceiling. Her oldest is about to undergo a 2nd heart surgery, cannot get sick or it gets pushed off. Also her husband is away at training so she is fighting the system by herself. If you would like I can find multiple articles for you showing the issues that are there. Also our own personal experience. It's not fun living in a place and constantly being sick for the full 1 1/2 years you are there. As soon as you move out, no issues anymore.
Quote:
After two inspection notices (in which they didn’t show up) and two cancelled appointments to have them fix the leak, my ceiling has fallen in �� Maybe they’ll actually show up on the 29th to fix it ��

Oh and BTW this is UNDER my master bathroom. So XXX and I have to shower in the kids bathroom so the tub doesn’t fall in
The "free" will have to be funded in some way, shape or form. Don't know about you, but my family (including my kids) were and are taught to work hard for what we have. You want a better life, work harder. It is NOT ok for people to get a free ride just because.

ETA: Just messaged my friend who has been dealing with a hole in her ceiling. They confirmed black mold and they don't know when they are going to be able to fix her ceiling.

Last edited by ladybug07; 05-12-2019 at 09:23 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections