Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2019, 08:59 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times

Advertisements

Can you imagine if a Republican said this?

Shift, Nader, SJL and the entire crew of Impeachment crazies would explode.

https://twitter.com/MSH3RIDAN/status...60995167318016
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2019, 10:28 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
After the lawlessness that Trump and his supporters have championed?

LOL. No. A heavily edited video will not do it.

Old 09-21-2019, 10:35 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,401,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
After the lawlessness that Trump and his supporters have championed?

LOL. No. A heavily edited video will not do it.
All Trumpers have are edited videos and lies. Lies and mistruths are the Trumpers stock and trade just like their master himself.

Old 09-21-2019, 05:15 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,432,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
All Trumpers have are edited videos and lies. Lies and mistruths are the Trumpers stock and trade just like their master himself.
So you're voting for Biden?

Why not just sit out if it comes down to the two of theme. American politics and sports are too stressful.

Rather than forcing yourself to vote for the guy who helped bankrupt thousands of home owners, discriminated against black businesses, gave jobs to his relative's construction company in rebuilding Iraq, and hates progressives, why not just sit out.

Turn of the tv, go read a good book, take a shower, relax a bit, maybe do some gardening.

Old 09-21-2019, 05:24 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,414,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post

Why not just sit out if it comes down to the two of theme. American politics and sports are too stressful.

Rather than forcing yourself to vote for the guy who helped bankrupt thousands of home owners, discriminated against black businesses, gave jobs to his relative's construction company in rebuilding Iraq, and hates progressives, why not just sit out.

Turn of the tv, go read a good book, take a shower, relax a bit, maybe do some gardening.
Because Biden is still far better than the orange maniac.

As I’ve said before, I’ll take anyone except Hitler’s reanimated corpse over Trump, so in this case, Biden.

Old 09-21-2019, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Because Biden is still far better than the orange maniac.

As I’ve said before, I’ll take anyone except Hitler’s reanimated corpse over Trump, so in this case, Biden.
What would be the practical difference in how the government is run?

If anything Biden will be more effective in help the gop house and senate to pass welfare reform and open up more avenues for shark loaning and financialization of our economy.

Trump is at least funny and makes fun of our institutions, Biden takes our government and elites too seriously.

Old 09-21-2019, 05:37 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,414,997 times
Quote:
What would be the practical difference in how the government is run?

If anything Biden will be more effective in help the gop house and senate to pass welfare reform and open up more avenues for shark loaning and financialization of our economy.

Trump is at least funny and makes fun of our institutions, Biden takes our government and elites too seriously.
The president should not be “making fun” of our institutions and indeed trying to undermine them as Trump has done. It’s not the president’s job to provide you with comedy, he should be leading and doing actual work to improve the country.

Biden at least has respect for the office and our institutions and that is why he would be a vast improvement.

Old 09-21-2019, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
The president should not be “making fun” of our institutions and indeed trying to undermine them as Trump has done. It’s not the president’s job to provide you with comedy, he should be leading and doing actual work to improve the country.

Biden at least has respect for the office and our institutions and that is why he would be a vast improvement.
Trump can be hilarious, the way the uptight DC beltway members who love causal corruption freak out when Trump speaks openly is the best.

He talks about North Korea, Iran, and other things so openly and colloquially it breaks down all illusions about some bipartisan utilitarian policy consensus.

Why should I give that up for Biden's clueless meanderings about how serious professional corruption is while repeating the same scripted lines about protecting 'liberal' democracies and standing against 'bad' actors all the while exclusively catering to corporate market access.

I hate inspirational politicians that the media fawns overs; listening to Obama''s scripted lines about every policy like we live in a neoliberal nightmare while think tanks construe market forward policy was sickening. The same policy that has destroyed America's well being in exchange for capital value.

Hell republicans are becoming less capital focused and more community oriented. Romney just came out AGAINST capital gains increases. Do you think this movement to populist right would continue if we go back to the Obama/Biden era of corporate parental-ism?

I know Americans take their country seriously, but I don't. People are inspired by Samantha Power's new book even though its meaningless.

Btw I'm not cynical.

Old 09-22-2019, 10:31 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,798,566 times
Here we go again with one line low information emotional rhetoric. Never mind researching facts vs rhetoric.

Yep Hunter Biden was on the board of a Ukrainian natural gas company, not an owner, but on the board.
The company was owned by Mykola Zlochevsky who went into exile after Yanukovych was removed. Zlochevsky faced numerous corruption investigations. Victor Shokin the removed prosecutor refused to prosecute any prominent member of Yanukovych's regime. The Ukranian Rada wanted Shokin removed. The European Union had asked Ukraine to implement a 2014 law that was meant to reform Ukraine's corrupt and broken legal system. Shokin blocked attempts to reform a system where prosecutors were more powerful than judges. The law called for reevaluation of all prosecutors to weed out corrupt and incompetent ones. It was widely talked about in our government and the European Union that he should be removed.

Did Hunter's position create a conflict of interest for Biden? Did the optics look bad? Absolutely, but that's not the whole story, nor is a one line GIF.

If Trump wants to coerce a foreign government to collude with him in trying to rig yet another election, is that okay? I don't think so. If Trump wants to point a finger at Hunter Biden creating a conflict of interest for his father, yet let Ivanks go to China as a "White House Advisor." sit in on sensitive meetings and then receive trademarks after. Is that okay? I don't think so.

Just because Biden was effective in removing a corrupt prosecutor in Ukraine by threatening to withhold aid and the coincidence that Hunter's employer was being investigated doesn't mean that a new prosecutor wouldn't investigate the corruption after the corrupt prosecutor was removed. Joe Biden was just doing his job.

Hmm nearly 4 years into the Trump administration and crooked Hillary is still not in jail? Why? We're not talking about that anymore are we. It's on to the new deflection conspiracy theory now and low information GIF's.

Old 09-22-2019, 03:56 PM

5,654 posts, read 6,219,394 times
Quote:

In the past I have always taken a look at third party candidates but ended up voting either Republican or Democrat, usually because there is one that seems less unpalatable than the other. In 2020 I will be looking much more clsely at third party candidates than I have in the past and I have the sense there are quit a few others who will be doing the same. Nobody seems to be talking much about this yet, but I wonder if oneof the stories of 2020 is the number of people who vote for someone other than the Republican or Democratic nominee. I don't think a third party candidate will be able to win, but I won't be surpirsed if they have a collectively better turnout than in previous years. Hopefully it will be a trend toward breaking the duopoly of the Republican and Democratic parties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections